Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Madison Central 65 - Ballard 64
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Sweet 16 Championship....Bosley wins it for Central with a 3 with 2.2 secs left.
What a game!!!

That is what Kentucky High School Boys Basketball is all about!!!!
I don't watch high school basketball much, but I did watch this game.

Holy crap...

Epic comeback by Madison Central....Unbelievable clutch 3 pointer by Mosley.

Congratulations Madison Central.
What a shot by Bosley
What a comeback for Madison Central.
Renner now 1-4 in State championship games

I love seeing Louisville lose
What a shot and what a game! Congrats to Madison Central!
Warthog Wrote:What a shot by Bosley

You and me both!
Final Game Stats

Madison Central (65): 21/49 FG (42%), 4/12 3pt (33%), 19/27 FT (70%), 33 boards, 9 turnovers

Hawkins 21, Bosley 20, Taylor 16, Stocker 3, Parke 3, Walker 1, George 1

Ballard (64): 25/56 FG (44%), 4/11 3pt (36%), 10/20 FT (50%), 35 boards, 8 turnovers

Snider 23, Martin 19, Holland 15, Perry 3, Douglas 2, Berry 2

1ST EVER STATE CHAMPIONSHIP FOR MADISON CENTRAL
Amazing. Those few who think our state should become classed like the rest of the watered down tournaments in this nation, I hope you saw this today.
Wow, this was crazy!!! Hawkins has just earned his scholarship to Kentucky I think...
vundy33 Wrote:Wow, this was crazy!!! Hawkins has just earned his scholarship to Kentucky I think...

If not then Kentucky is stupid for not offering him...They also need to recruit Bosley as well....
Greatest 4th quarter I've ever seen in a high school game.

Congrats MC!
Yes two 6a schools meeting in the finals proves there shouldn't be classes.
Strikeout King Wrote:If not then Kentucky is stupid for not offering him...They also need to recruit Bosley as well....
Over Wiggins and/or Randal? I can't see it. I'm not familiar with NCAA basketball scholarships, but if he has extra by all means give it to him.
My Sweet 16 bracket I filled out was perfect from start to finish haha...Confusedinglepar
Never even came close to doing that in my life.
Real Badman Wrote:Over Wiggins and/or Randal? I can't see it. I'm not familiar with NCAA basketball scholarships, but if he has extra by all means give it to him.

If some of the Frosh leave and go to the NBA or take one of the scholarships that open up after Mays and Beckham graduate and give it to him.
Great win by Madison Central. Does anyone know who made the all tournament and MVP.
Jed Clampett Wrote:Great win by Madison Central. Does anyone know who made the all tournament and MVP.

Not sure about the All Tournament team but the MVP was Hawkins
allenc4 Wrote:Amazing. Those few who think our state should become classed like the rest of the watered down tournaments in this nation, I hope you saw this today.

What does classification have to do with this game, both were 6A schools. If you break down the classes this year, you would see that there were no 1A or 2A schools (using football classification) in the sweet sixteen. A breakdown of the classes goes like this 0 (1A), 0 (2A), 3 (3A), 2 (4A), 8 (5A) and 3 (6A).
Real Badman Wrote:Over Wiggins and/or Randal? I can't see it. I'm not familiar with NCAA basketball scholarships, but if he has extra by all means give it to him.

He could take a walk on ride, if there is an open scholly left over each year, he could us it. Coach Cal almost never uses all his schollys in a given year, so he would basically have a scholarship to use. Brian Long has a scholly this season. Jarrod Polson has a scholarship also. Just depends if he would do that or not?

Mix1...
Old School Wrote:What does classification have to do with this game, both were 6A schools. If you break down the classes this year, you would see that there were no 1A or 2A schools (using football classification) in the sweet sixteen. A breakdown of the classes goes like this 0 (1A), 0 (2A), 3 (3A), 2 (4A), 8 (5A) and 3 (6A).

The point was not to water it down. I'm all for small schools winning and realize that was nowhere near close to happening this year. Don't care. The point is we had a great game to crown a CHAMPION. Not a "class winner." If you think that game would have had near the energy it had (amongst fans, not players) if it was just the "6A" game, then I think you'd be dreaming.
allenc4 Wrote:The point was not to water it down. I'm all for small schools winning and realize that was nowhere near close to happening this year. Don't care. The point is we had a great game to crown a CHAMPION. Not a "class winner." If you think that game would have had near the energy it had (amongst fans, not players) if it was just the "6A" game, then I think you'd be dreaming.

I could careless if they keep the sweet sixteen format or go to classes, but I don't think a 6A title game between these two schools would have been any different than it was today.
It would not mean as much if it were just a 6A game
Congrats to MC....You do the math SK...I believe Platinum & Gold won the Sweet 16 Tourney Challenge...if that's the case...congrats to you P&G, enjoy your imaginary trophy, diapers, and toothpaste...all joking aside I believe you were perfect on your picks, WELL DONE!
I'm glad MC won it. I did my student teaching at Madison Middle back in the day. Congrats to them.
Strikeout King Wrote:If not then Kentucky is stupid for not offering him...They also need to recruit Bosley as well....

The only time I saw MC play this year was 3 times in the sweet 16; I know Hawkins gets all the press, but I was most impressed with Bosley in this tournament. The kid really impressed me and MC does not win Holmes or Ballard game without him. I was just as impressed if not more with Bosley as I was Hawkins. I could see Bosley being a better college player than Hawkins.
Warthog Wrote:It would not mean as much if it were just a 6A game

100% correct, just ask anyone from Indiana. Wouldn't be even half in attendence and you could kiss playing in Rupp goodbye.
Strikeout King Wrote:Not sure about the All Tournament team but the MVP was Hawkins

As well as solidifying himself as Mr. Basketball.
^ hate to say it but.....

TOLD YA!!!! (about Hawkins).. Many ppl never got the chance to watch him before now
Warthog Wrote:What a shot by Bosley

Probably every other active coach in the state of Kentucky, with the exception of one, would give their eye teeth to be 1-4 in Sweet 16 championship games. Renner does a GREAT job. Hicks at Scott Co is 2-2 in championship games. I don't think there are any other active coaches that have had the success of these two at getting their teams to the finals.

UK should drop Willis and get Wiggins or Hawkins.

:1:
Pages: 1 2 3