Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: NUC Combine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone going to the NUC combine in Lexington on 3/16-3/17?
What does NUC stand for?
National UnderClassmen
I will be bring a 7on7 team from Williamsburg and 8 kids for the combine the next day
Thinking about taking my son to combine. Not that he that great but for just the experience.
Nuc, 7 on 7 is illegal for high school teams. This is a Aau type event. How do teams get around this?
sportscritic Wrote:Nuc, 7 on 7 is illegal for high school teams. This is a Aau type event. How do teams get around this?

they don't play as a unit at the nuc combine. The combine staff divide the kids up based on skill so teams are not overpowering and totally random.
DevilWatcher Wrote:Thinking about taking my son to combine. Not that he that great but for just the experience.

It is a good day to spend with your kid, you can see some good talent and. Kids that love to compete. Many friendships are made,kids having fun with no pressure on them
I just left the one in ATL. Have family down here so used this as an op to visit and get some work. The 7 on 7 was crowded and not well organized. Stood around for 4 hours and got 12 reps of live action. It was only 60 bucks but not something I would suggest.
$60 bucks may not break anyone's wallet but 60 for 12 reps would surely deter me.
Taking my son. Also got invited to the NUC "invitation only" event in Cincinnati. Don't think it means a whole lot, bet they would take anyones money that wanted to compete. The thing that got me interested is that scout.com, rivals.com, 247sports, and espn are supposed to have reps there.
Congratulations to Bell County's Freshman Nathan Murray! He attended the NUC combine in Knoxville, TN this past weekend. He won 2 awards...The Strongest Man award and The Offensive Line MVP award. Way to represent Bell County & Kentucky at the Tennessee combine. Good job Big Nate!
Good Job Nate !!
The combine was alright just bad conditions my son did 7on7 and combine n both days was bad weather
Seth Hall from Letcher Central another freshman was also at NUC Knoxville. He received the d-line MVP award. He and Nathan went head to head several times. Fun to watch both kids looked great.