Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Dow continues record run
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
[Image: 130307161758-dow-4pm-march-7-620xa.png]

Quote:The Dow finished at a new record Thursday, as the blue chip index and the S&P 500 advanced for a fifth straight day.
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 0.2%, reaching a record high of 14,329.49. Earlier in the day, the Dow also climbed to an intraday all-time high of 14,354.69.

The S&P 500, now just 2% away from its all-time high, rose 0.2%, while the Nasdaq increased 0.3%.
The recent rally has been driven by a series of strong economic reports, particularly related to the job market and manufacturing, said Marc Chandler, strategist for Brown Brothers Harriman.
The U.S. economy has proven itself "fairly resistant to the fiscal cliff and the sequester," he said.
Ahead of Thursday's open, the Department of Labor reported that initial jobless claims fell to 340,000 last week. That was down from an upwardly revised tally of 347,000 the prior week and lower than the 350,000 forecast economists had expected.
This week's report on private-sector job growth from payroll processing firm ADP was also better than expected, raising hopes that Friday's February jobs report, due before the opening bell, would also be strong.
Economists surveyed by CNNMoney expect a gain of 170,000 jobs for the month.

http://money.cnn.com/2013/03/07/investin...?hpt=hp_t2
Unfortunately, many of us will never feel the effects of a rising market, but big corporations will.
Kinda makes you think of how the dems are are against big money and wanting to equal out the distribution of wealth, and yet, under Obama, big corporations are seeing record highs.
Record earnings from the 1,000's of companies that slashed jobs and payroll due to Obama's re-election!
The stock market is living on borrowed money and borrowed time. The Obama administration is doing its best to hide the fact that inflation is set to soar in this country. Gasoline prices reached record levels for February and they are even higher now. Companies have been shrinking package sizes for food to stave off increases in prices.

Inflation is here already, but the federal government and the Fed have been doing a great job ignoring it. Meanwhile, the unemployment rate is still 7.9 percent, which is well above what it was when Obama took office, and every working American's taxes went up last month. Yet, to liberals, "Happy days are here again." It's time to shake the sand out of your ears and eyes.
I was listening to the radio the other day and this guy came on to talk about the maker closing at an all time high.

He mentioned that the DOW is a good indicator of how the market is doing but is solely what people should watch. He said the trading of certain bonds is increasing but not great. And that America has a low interest rate on what they borrow due to the investor trusting everybody else just a little less than they do America.

If I ever find a link I'll try to post it. Or of you guys know what I'm talking about you can elaborate.
I miss lower gas prices. :'(
crazytaxidriver Wrote:I was listening to the radio the other day and this guy came on to talk about the maker closing at an all time high.

He mentioned that the DOW is a good indicator of how the market is doing but is solely what people should watch. He said the trading of certain bonds is increasing but not great. And that America has a low interest rate on what they borrow due to the investor trusting everybody else just a little less than they do America.

If I ever find a link I'll try to post it. Or of you guys know what I'm talking about you can elaborate.

I heard that guy talking on Public Broadcast Radio two days ago. He said the US had just borrowed 45 billion dollars and that the interest was so low the lender only got 6 tenths of a penny return per every 100 dollars invested. I'll try remember what he said his name was. At any rate, that was the rationale he used. We're not such a great risk but, "we're the cleanest dirty shirt there is to choose from". Therefore according to him, we are still number one.
TheRealThing Wrote:I heard that guy talking on Public Broadcast Radio two days ago. He said the US had just borrowed 45 billion dollars and that the interest was so low the lender only got 6 tenths of a penny return per every 100 dollars invested. I'll try remember what he said his name was. At any rate, that was the rationale he used. We're not such a great risk but, "we're the cleanest dirty shirt there is to choose from". Therefore according to him, we are still number one.
I remember just a few weeks ago you were blaming Obama for the market "tank" that week. I think it was an almost 1000 point drop, if memory serves. Are you not man enough to give him credit when it goes to record highs.
TheRealVille Wrote:I remember just a few weeks ago you were blaming Obama for the market "tank" that week. I think it was an almost 1000 point drop, if memory serves. Are you not man enough to give him credit when it goes to record highs.

Oh, you want to change subjects again and talk about my manhood and the Dow Jones Average? Investors aren't stupid, there is money to be made even in this day. That doesn't mean the economy on the whole, is pinking up any. When things start to go bad, people with money can always make some good buys. When things actually get better, I'll be the first to say his fiscal plan worked to what ever extent it does. I still think ObamaCare is a economy slayer, and I know for a fact that companies are doing all kinds of stuff to avoid being forced to give health care to employees that didn't have it before the madness of this administration. I will always abhor abortion and nationally recoginized and legally sanctioned homosexual misbehavior. Want to know what's coming if America doesn't repent? I got two words for you Sodom/Gomorrah.
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh, you want to change subjects again and talk about my manhood and the Dow Jones Average? Investors aren't stupid, there is money to be made even in this day. That doesn't mean the economy on the whole, is pinking up any. When things start to go bad, people with money can always make some good buys. When things actually get better, I'll be the first to say his fiscal plan worked to what ever extent it does. I still think ObamaCare is a economy slayer, and I know for a fact that companies are doing all kinds of stuff to avoid being forced to give health care to employees that didn't have it before the madness of this administration. I will always abhor abortion and nationally recoginized and legally sanctioned homosexual misbehavior. Want to know what's coming if America doesn't repent? I got two words for you Sodom/Gomorrah.

If your thinking Sodom/Gomorrah is in our future. Then why wouldnt other countries be first?
In total, 126 countries (including the United States) have a Christian majority, while 71 countries (which includes China) have a Christian minority. Wiki,

Why would he not use a country like Somalia to set an example?
TheRealThing Wrote:Oh, you want to change subjects again and talk about my manhood and the Dow Jones Average? Investors aren't stupid, there is money to be made even in this day. That doesn't mean the economy on the whole, is pinking up any. When things start to go bad, people with money can always make some good buys. When things actually get better, I'll be the first to say his fiscal plan worked to what ever extent it does. I still think ObamaCare is a economy slayer, and I know for a fact that companies are doing all kinds of stuff to avoid being forced to give health care to employees that didn't have it before the madness of this administration. I will always abhor abortion and nationally recoginized and legally sanctioned homosexual misbehavior. Want to know what's coming if America doesn't repent? I got two words for you Sodom/Gomorrah.
So when the DOW tanks, it's Obama's fault, but when it hits record highs, he don't have anything to do with it? :biggrin: As to the last part I bolded, the good thing is that people like you will be a minority, before long. Look at the numbers, religion is dying a slow, but steady death.
I for one believe Obama has nothing to do with the market whether it goes up or down.
Hes clearly shown he knows nothing about economics and finance.
I dont blame Obama for the DOW being down, but I sure as heck dont give him credit for it being up.

I do however hold him accountable for a 8% unemployment rate and millions of people out of work.
TheRealVille Wrote:So when the DOW tanks, it's Obama's fault, but when it hits record highs, he don't have anything to do with it? :biggrin: As to the last part I bolded, the good thing is that people like you will be a minority, before long. Look at the numbers, religion is dying a slow, but steady death.

President Obama and his administration have revealed their strategy on how to win the sequestration debate: Exaggerate and lie about the impact of the cuts, which really only serve to slow the growth of federal spending, and maximize the pain caused by those cuts.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politic...ter-debate

"Some 60,000 Customs and Border Protection agents and other employees will be furloughed for up to 14 days, according to notices dated Thursday. The furloughs could begin April 21 and last through the end to the fiscal year in September, according to the notice, which attributes the move to across-the-board budget cuts that began taking effect March 1."

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/2013...nav%7Chead

^This is an example, along with the inexcusable late breaking release of criminals of illegal origins. In my opinion, one has to choose to be misled in such magnitude by the administration, I call that condition being wilfully ignorant. If you're right and people like me are a dying minority, you won't get to make too many toasts about it because history clearly teaches over and over again. No country has ever been able to pull out of a financial nose dive by printing money the way the fed is doing. So, you can delude yourself that you're untouchable if you want but, whether we're talking about a wheelbarrow full of worthless paper or a truckload of useless paper is still worthless. And that applies to all the theoretical money we all spend that is theoretically in the bank. When the US left the gold standard behind, money was based on the good faith and fortune of the United States of America. When that tanks, and it will, everybody will lose everything.
TheRealThing Wrote:President Obama and his administration have revealed their strategy on how to win the sequestration debate: Exaggerate and lie about the impact of the cuts, which really only serve to slow the growth of federal spending, and maximize the pain caused by those cuts.

http://thenewamerican.com/usnews/politic...ter-debate

"Some 60,000 Customs and Border Protection agents and other employees will be furloughed for up to 14 days, according to notices dated Thursday. The furloughs could begin April 21 and last through the end to the fiscal year in September, according to the notice, which attributes the move to across-the-board budget cuts that began taking effect March 1."

http://www.federaltimes.com/article/2013...nav%7Chead

^This is an example, along with the inexcusable late breaking release of criminals of illegal origins. In my opinion, one has to choose to be misled in such magnitude by the administration, I call that condition being wilfully ignorant. If you're right and people like me are a dying minority, you won't get to make too many toasts about it because history clearly teaches over and over again. No country has ever been able to pull out of a financial nose dive by printing money the way the fed is doing. So, you can delude yourself that you're untouchable if you want but, whether we're talking about a wheelbarrow full of worthless paper or a truckload of useless paper is still worthless. And that applies to all the theoretical money we all spend that is theoretically in the bank. When the US left the gold standard behind, money was based on the good faith and fortune of the United States of America. When that tanks, and it will, everybody will lose everything.
I turned a very big chunk of my "paper" into gold. I'll survive.
TheRealVille Wrote:I turned a very big chunk of my "paper" into gold. I'll survive.

And how do you think you'll be able to spend it? The only way I know to trade anything is to use money for goods or services or the barter system. How much gold will you be willing to trade for necessities when the following happens? Revelation 6:5-6 (KJV)
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The world economy is going to collapse. Famine is coming. There will be no safe haven in which to invest, not even in precious metals. Gold and silver now have value which can be measured in currency. When all the currencies of the world collapse, such as in the case of world bankruptcy, the standard for valuation won't exist anymore. As of 2011 the Fund for Peace think tank had come up the following list of nations that were either on the precipice (ALERT STATUS) or forcast as soon to arrive at the precipice, (WARNING STATUS).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...ates_Index

My point, this index is out of date now by almost two years. The status of a number of countries rated as moderate in 2011 are now ranked as either alert or warning. But, even going by 2011 data, 125 of the 177 countries in existence are in trouble. That's an incredible statistic to mull around even for a true believer like you. And, it's no secret that one noteworthy goal of the Obama administration is to Europeanize the United States. You know, get her down off of that high-horse with all the regular folks in the warning zone.
TheRealThing Wrote:And how do you think you'll be able to spend it? The only way I know to trade anything is to use money for goods or services or the barter system. How much gold will you be willing to trade for necessities when the following happens? Revelation 6:5-6 (KJV)
5 And when he had opened the third seal, I heard the third beast say, Come and see. And I beheld, and lo a black horse; and he that sat on him had a pair of balances in his hand.
6 And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts say, A measure of wheat for a penny, and three measures of barley for a penny; and see thou hurt not the oil and the wine.

The world economy is going to collapse. Famine is coming. There will be no safe haven in which to invest, not even in precious metals. Gold and silver now have value which can be measured in currency. When all the currencies of the world collapse, such as in the case of world bankruptcy, the standard for valuation won't exist anymore. As of 2011 the Fund for Peace think tank had come up the following list of nations that were either on the precipice (ALERT STATUS) or forcast as soon to arrive at the precipice, (WARNING STATUS).
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_cou...ates_Index

My point, this index is out of date now by almost two years. The status of a number of countries rated as moderate in 2011 are now ranked as either alert or warning. But, even going by 2011 data, 125 of the 177 countries in existence are in trouble. That's an incredible statistic to mull around even for a true believer like you. And, it's no secret that one noteworthy goal of the Obama administration is to Europeanize the United States. You know, get her down off of that high-horse with all the regular folks in the warning zone.
None of that is going to happen. I don't believe in fairy tale books.
The world economy is going to collapse.

in 2008
TheRealVille Wrote:So when the DOW tanks, it's Obama's fault, but when it hits record highs, he don't have anything to do with it? :biggrin: As to the last part I bolded, the good thing is that people like you will be a minority, before long. Look at the numbers, religion is dying a slow, but steady death.

your wrong at that
more people than ever are switching to rleigion
it was even said that in the last days the Gospel would be spread all over the world
but you're type reproduces more often and twice as fast
vector Wrote:The world economy is going to collapse.

in 2008

nicely spelled
where is this plajerized from
WideMiddle03 Wrote:your wrong at that
it was even said that in the last days the Gospel would be spread all over the world
That sounds like the definition of a cancer cell.
^
Dependants are cancer.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
Dependants are cancer.
:biggrin: My children would vehemently disagree. However, the satirical movie Idiocracy makes a great case against the government facilitate the unfettered breeding of the laziest and most ignorant people among us. That is a strategy that liberals and radical Muslims proudly pursue to spread their particular brands of misery. Ignorance has always been the greatest threat to democracies around the world and it does not spread by accident.
TheRealVille Wrote:None of that is going to happen. I don't believe in fairy tale books.

LOL, still whistling when you pass the graveyard I see. However, the 177 plus countries whose fiscal and social ships of state are presently in crisis status is a fact. Since the countries of the 2011 census were ranked by The Fund For Peace, the dominos have continued to fall. Safe to say that Spain, Italy, Greece, Kuwait and others have been added to the Warning list. The factuality of this situation isn't something that one can rationaly dodge since it has alread happened.

I sincerely hope for all our sakes the trend somehow turns around and the donimo process reverses itself. Economic collapse isn't something that can be avoided by shrewd investments since money and therefore commerce would, at that point have to be redefined altogether. But hey, look at the bright side. Fundamental transformation is what you seek, right?
TheRealThing Wrote:LOL, still whistling when you pass the graveyard I see. However, the 177 plus countries whose fiscal and social ships of state are presently in crisis status is a fact. Since the countries of the 2011 census were ranked by The Fund For Peace, the dominos have continued to fall. Safe to say that Spain, Italy, Greece, Kuwait and others have been added to the Warning list. The factuality of this situation isn't something that one can rationaly dodge since it has alread happened.

I sincerely hope for all our sakes the trend somehow turns around and the donimo process reverses itself. Economic collapse isn't something that can be avoided by shrewd investments since money and therefore commerce would, at that point have to be redefined altogether. But hey, look at the bright side. Fundamental transformation is what you seek, right?
Not at all. For your statement to be true I would have to consider myself in a bad situation. I'm not, and no matter how many verses you site will make it so. I'm smart enough to know that book is a fairy tale. Maybe in 10,000 years someone like you will pick up a good Disney book, and then try to make the world into a fairy land.:Thumbs:
TheRealVille Wrote:Not at all. For your statement to be true I would have to consider myself in a bad situation. I'm not, and no matter how many verses you site will make it so. I'm smart enough to know that book is a fairy tale. Maybe in 10,000 years someone like you will pick up a good Disney book, and then try to make the world into a fairy land.:Thumbs:

^ Not a chance. But, you digress. The Fund For Peace is not a religiously affiliated organization. And, the economies of over 177 countries are in crisis status.
WideMiddle03 Wrote:your wrong at that
Do you just make stuff up in your head and call it fact? It's widely know that religion is on the decline.
http://www.google.com/search?client=safa...8&oe=UTF-8

[Image: r23235jxbuuc7z7_ywneqq.gif]
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you just make stuff up in your head and call it fact? It's widely know that religion is on the decline.

no dont worry trv you sit on the thrown on that one
i wouldnt come close to taking you're title
TheRealVille Wrote:Do you just make stuff up in your head and call it fact? It's widely know that religion is on the decline.

First, the graph does not identify the population that was surveyed. Was it a poll of Americans, developed nations, or global in scope? Because of the low percentages shown for the "Other" category, I am going to assume that it was a survey of Americans only.

According to the chart that you posted, there were nearly 133 million Americans (minus children too young to have been polled) who professed belief in God in 1948. That number had grown to 234 million in 2008. Major League Baseball would have loved to have seen that kind of "decline" in popularity over the same time period.

Widemiddle obviously cannot spell, but his understanding of math and logic are spot on. What he said about more people turning to religion is correct and yet you asked, "Do you just make stuff up in your head and call it fact?"

You should have asked that question of yourself before you posted a chart supporting Widemiddle's claim. The fact that you posted such a chart suggests that you either did not understand his post or that you did not understand your chart. Either way, it is always better to think twice and post once.
Hoot Gibson Wrote:First, the graph does not identify the population that was surveyed. Was it a poll of Americans, developed nations, or global in scope? Because of the low percentages shown for the "Other" category, I am going to assume that it was a survey of Americans only.

According to the chart that you posted, there were nearly 133 million Americans (minus children too young to have been polled) who professed belief in God in 1948. That number had grown to 234 million in 2008. Major League Baseball would have loved to have seen that kind of "decline" in popularity over the same time period.

Widemiddle obviously cannot spell, but his understanding of math and logic are spot on. What he said about more people turning to religion is correct and yet you asked, "Do you just make stuff up in your head and call it fact?"

You should have asked that question of yourself before you posted a chart supporting Widemiddle's claim. The fact that you posted such a chart suggests that you either did not understand his post or that you did not understand your chart. Either way, it is always better to think twice and post once.
The chart is percentages. Here's you another link to study on global decline in religion.

Quote:First, a report from the University of Chicago called “Belief About God Across Time and Countries” looked at survey data from 30 countries, reaching as far back as 1991. While many of the news stories about this report focused on figures showing a tendency for numbers of religious believers to increase with age, the figures also showed the overall percentage of religious believers declined in most countries, showing an increase in only three:

“…the % saying they were atheists increased in 15 of 18 countries from 1991 to 2008 with an average increase of 1.7 percentage points. For 1998 to 2008, atheists grew in 23 of 30 countries for an average gain of 2.3 points. Conversely … certain belief in God declined in 14 of 18 countries from 1991 to 2008 with an average decrease of 2.4 points and from 1998 to 2008 loses occurred in 24 of 30 countries for a similar average decline of 2.4 points. Likewise … never believing in God rose in 14 of 17 countries from 1991 to 2008 for an average increase of 1.6 points and increased in 20 of 29 countries from 1998 to 2008 by an average gain of 2.2 points.”
http://www.americanhumanist.org/HNN/deta...god-worldw
TheRealVille Wrote:The chart is percentages. Here's you another link to study on global decline in religion.

http://www.americanhumanist.org/HNN/deta...god-worldw
Widemiddle said nothing about percentages - he said more people. He was right. All you need to do is apply the percentages to the U.S. population for the period of time covered by the chart that you posted to confirm that fact.

Religion is alive and well in this world and in this country. Even atheists should rejoice that thankful that is the case. The last thing this world needs is more Machiavellians who believe that they are free to define morality in a vacuum free of any higher authority than themselves.
Pages: 1 2