Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holmes vs. Madison Central 3/8
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Thoughts and predictions on this quarterfinal match up in the Sweet 8. Can David beat Goliath ?
Hawkins has the ability to put Madison Central on his back when they need a big play or a big game out of him. He will be the difference maker in this game.
Spirit100 Wrote:Thoughts and predictions on this quarterfinal match up in the Sweet 8. Can David beat Goliath ?

Madison Central: 29-5

Holmes: 32-2. The two games Holmes lost was by a combined total of 4 points.

Which is which????
Bolden vs Hawkins, I will take the Senior.
Should be a great game, and it is not David vs Goliath, more like Triple H vs Hulk Hogan.
I will take Madison 68-62
I watched central destroy my home town team. And then I watched Holmes. Central goes on spurts where they let up and then they explode for 10 or 12.
Holmes was just as physical on the glass as central, and that point guard dribbles like he is a globetrotter.
High school basketball is funny, but it seems like Central may be locked in. They have a couple of guys that can drop 20 on you in a hurry. Central by 10 but it'll be closer until the end.
Central in a war.
Tough draw for MCC. I'll take Holmes in OT by a bucket.
Holmes by 2
Madison Central guards too much for Holmes. MC by 9.
Frankly I don't even care who. I just wanna see Bolden and Hawkins go at it. Call me a homer but I want those Kentucky boys in blue (even if they aren't starter material, though I guess jury could still be out on Bolden since he is young).
Madison Central - 69
Covington Holmes - 61

Hawkins in Blue & White!!!!
Hawkins is too much for Holmes

Madison Central - 72

Holmes - 67
MC by 8
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Madison Central: 29-5

Holmes: 32-2. The two games Holmes lost was by a combined total of 4 points.

Which is which????

Yeah no kidding... Who's who?
Cov Holmes...
Curveball 24 Wrote:Madison Central - 69
Covington Holmes - 61

Hawkins in Blue & White!!!!

Alot of pressure on Hawkins to play well in this one strictly from a recruiting standpoint. All eyes on the match-up with Bolden. This is a must have for Hawkins. Mr. basketball & a possible UK offer riding on this one. This game moves the needle one way or the other! Good luck!
As much as I'd like to see Holmes win this game I'm going with MC by 12...now if Holmes can stay out of foul trouble and get back quicker in transition d they can pull out a win.

Enjoy the game...I hope it's a classic!
Boldin is crushing Hawkins right now!!! Boldin looks like a Major D1 player especially considering he is only a Sophomore while Hawkins looks to be a solid Mid Major... I think I hear WKU calling his name!
5 Star Elite Wrote:Boldin is crushing Hawkins right now!!! Boldin looks like a Major D1 player especially considering he is only a Sophomore while Hawkins looks to be a solid Mid Major... I think I hear WKU calling his name!

Boldin is a sophmore in HS,but it is important to point out that he is 17 years old.
sstack Wrote:Boldin is a sophmore in HS,but it is important to point out that he is 17 years old.

He is 17??? Will he even be able to play his Senior year???
Boldin is 17. SO What???????????????? So are all the other holdbacks that are Sophomores. Jesus Christ, either hold your kid back or shut up and stop being a hater. Boldin will turn 19 his Senior year. He will be eligible to play. The kid is good. Leave him alone.
sstack Wrote:Boldin is a sophmore in HS,but it is important to point out that he is 17 years old.

Smart. Good for him.

Not to hijack this thread, but this is just another example where I have never seen holding kids back (especailly boys) turn into a negative in the long run. Ever.

Truth be told, and none of us will ever know, but he might have actually needed it academically. Of course, that all gets thrown out the window in the public eye (unfortunately) when you're:

1) An athlete
2) A great athlete at a great program.
The_Rock Wrote:Boldin is 17. SO What???????????????? So are all the other holdbacks that are Sophomores. Jesus Christ, either hold your kid back or shut up and stop being a hater. Boldin will turn 19 his Senior year. He will be eligible to play. The kid is good. Leave him alone.

Wow,someone needs a chill pill. I am not a hater. Just the opposite, a big fan. Just thought important to show that he is not typical sophomore. Makes a big difference in athletic maturity. From what I was told, he was not held back by his parents for sports reasons but by the school. Kid has a chance to have a pick of many colleges hope he takes care of the school work in HS to make it happen.

And by the way I will not shut up when idiots like you continue to "dumb" down the state of KY by thinking HS sports are more important than a good education. My daughters are both First Team AllState in sports in KY, but I am most proud of them for earning Academic All State honors! Need to have your priorities straight.
5 Star Elite Wrote:Boldin is crushing Hawkins right now!!! Boldin looks like a Major D1 player especially considering he is only a Sophomore while Hawkins looks to be a solid Mid Major... I think I hear WKU calling his name!

Did u watch the 4th???

Hawkins is the best player at the Sweet 16... Hawkins plays on both side of court..
sstack Wrote:Wow,someone needs a chill pill. I am not a hater. Just the opposite, a big fan. Just thought important to show that he is not typical sophomore. Makes a big difference in athletic maturity. From what I was told, he was not held back by his parents for sports reasons but by the school. Kid has a chance to have a pick of many colleges hope he takes care of the school work in HS to make it happen.

And by the way I will not shut up when idiots like you continue to "dumb" down the state of KY by thinking HS sports are more important than a good education. My daughters are both First Team AllState in sports in KY, but I am most proud of them for earning Academic All State honors! Need to have your priorities straight.

AMEN!!!!TongueirateSho:lmao: