Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: P.A. Announcer at Sweet 16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anybody know this guy's name or where he is from.....

He is the best P.A. guy ever!!!!!

I catch myself from time to time trying to announce like him around the house
"Goal by Hall"
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Does anybody know this guy's name or where he is from.....

He is the best P.A. guy ever!!!!!

I catch myself from time to time trying to announce like him around the house
"Goal by Hall"

I do the same thing. I would also like to know who he is.
Best announcer around...I haven't heard one better around the whole state.
Patrick Whitmer is the PA for the Kentucky home games. Maybe the same guy that does the Sweet 16?
Baseball Man Wrote:Patrick Whitmer is the PA for the Kentucky home games. Maybe the same guy that does the Sweet 16?
Thanks.

But the Sweet 16 is a different guy.
It could be Randy Mills, he is the son of Tom Mills who used to be head guy of the KHSAA. Randy has done some of the games for years.
^
Im at work, or I would post a video on Youtube from last years Championship game introduction.... the guy Im talking about does the P.A. announcing.

And I know the same guy I'm trying to find out about did the 1996 Championship game between Paintsville and Ashland..... Cause our local cable company plays that game 25 times during basketball season.
I started doing some basketball games at PHS this season and tried as best I could to model my style after his. A lot of work to do, lol.
Panther Thunder Wrote:I started doing some basketball games at PHS this season and tried as best I could to model my style after his. A lot of work to do, lol.

Don't feel bad.... That guy is the best!
Pulp Fiction Wrote:Don't feel bad.... That guy is the best!
I love the fact that it adds to the mystique of the event. The same two guys every year with the same sound.

Can't wait to head down Saturday. Didn't get the Spring Break/Sweet 16 same week deal this year.
I'm going down tonight to watch JC vs. Ballard....

I may use my iPhone to record some clips.
Pulp Fiction, upload that video if you get a chance! I looked on youtube and there aren't really any videos of the pre-game ceremonies of any year's game. I love the pre-game stuff they do at the Sweet 16!
^^^^^^

Soon as I get to my home computer, I will.
Good deal! Thanks!
He was doing them back in the early 80s I remember it well been to 23 straight state tournaments and hes still going strong. I ve not been in the past 6 years.
He is awesome
I got a picture of this Master of the Mic from my seats tonight at the JC vs. Ballard game.... And some audio clips. I'll post them later.

Hope this link works.
I did a little research and the guys name is Rick Leigh. He has been P.A. announcer for Georgetown Collge for over 35 years. He has be doing state tournament games since maybe the mid 90's. As for there being 2 guys that split the job of announcing, I cant find anything on him, but I will keep digging.
OldSchoolTiger Wrote:I did a little research and the guys name is Rick Leigh. He has been P.A. announcer for Georgetown Collge for over 35 years. He has be doing state tournament games since maybe the mid 90's. As for there being 2 guys that split the job of announcing, I cant find anything on him, but I will keep digging.

My man.....
Give me Google... and little bit of information and about 5 minutes and I can tell you just about anything you wanna know.....

http://www.news-graphic.com/opinion/arti...f887a.html

I found this article about our Master of the Mic,
Can you guys remember the guy that was the PA announcer for the tournament when it was held at the old Freedom Hall site, his name was Bob Tong, I hope that's right, he was a classic, first guy ever I heard use the phrase, Steps Called. He did the PA at KFEC for many years.
I remember the guy at Freedom Hall and he done the ones in Rupp also back in the day he was great.
I love hearing Mr. Leigh saying......

"Goal by _______"