Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Time to spice things up: Abortion, choice or no choice?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Are you pro-choice or pro-life?
I'm all for personal rights, but one does not have the right to take someone elses. I think it's wrong but the woman should have a choice if it will:

*Endanger her health
*Endanger the baby's health
or
*If the pregnancy was caused by rape.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I'm all for personal rights, but one does not have the right to take someone elses. I think it's wrong but the woman should have a choice if it will:

*Endanger her health
or

I feel the same way.. it's wrong but I can understand if someone does it for any of those reasons
Being a woman, I believe that a woman's body is her's to do with as she pleases, which includes the right to an abortion...under ANY circumstance. :wink:
APftWaHKiC Wrote:Being a woman, I believe that a woman's body is her's to do with as she pleases, which includes the right to an abortion...under ANY circumstance. :wink:

But what about the baby's right to live?
I agree CE, the baby is a living person. It shouldn't be anyone's choice to MURDER the baby just because they had a one night stand, or had a fight with the father.
Pro-Life, there should be no other way.
I think that the woman and the man both knew the consequences of having sex, if they didn't want a baby, then they shouldn't have had sex. I really don't care if they loved each other or not. Shouldve waited till marraige. Abortion is nothing more than murder. Jesus Christ created you in the womb, not outside it! Think a little bit you pro-choice people, be sensible, It's a life, and a doctor is destroying it. I call that murder.
Abortion is .... WRONG people. (except for the circumstances in which CE pointed out in an earlier post) and even then I would still seriously have to think about it.
Adoption! not murder!
Yes..why not add to the growing population of orphans who will never have a home or really "belong"? Or to the overpopulated world that will not have room for them eventually?
Hmmmmm an educated female.

with an opinion as well
John Locke wrote that a government should gauruntee everyone 3 Natural Rights:

1) Life
2) Liberty
3) Property

Abortion takes away all of these rights.

These are rights our country was founded upon. Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence accusing King George III of taking away these rights. He did change the last one from PROPERTY to THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. But you cannot deny that our gov't. was founded upon John Locke's belief.
Yes, I agree with you on that. But, it really comes down to how you define "life." To me, life is what we have now, our memories, our experiences, our relationships..in other words...everything that has happend SINCE we left the womb. I know this isn't the commonly accepted definition lol...yet, it's what I believe and why I believe what I do. I understand why you believe what YOU do..and you may or may not understand me..but the thing is...niether of us will change the other's mind....I feel like I'm on a hamster wheel here... :lol:
APftWaHKiC Wrote:Yes..why not add to the growing population of orphans who will never have a home or really "belong"? Or to the overpopulated world that will not have room for them eventually?

Why don't people wait until marriage to have sex anymore. Instead of getting married due to having sex and getting pregnant. Or getting preggo and having an abortion.. Why are there so many single moms. This country has become so wild. That's why there are so many orphans, or abortions, or abandonded kids. The family values at home have gone out the window.
There is never a right awnser in these topics but I wouls say its the mothers choice...Only if they are raped or its insest..
I agree 100% any other reason is just wrong.....However, The government can't really make exceptions to the rule...It is either Pro-life or choice....If the Government did make exceptions to the rule then it would become more expensive and the process in witch to have an abortion would be much more complicated....especially with all the legal mumbo-jumbo that would be involved. The only thing concerning abortinon that should be made illeagal (which is what most states are doing, including kentucky with its fetal homicide bill) is the "partial-birth abortions" anything that would, hence, knowingly disrupt the life of the child after the 1st trimester.
Pro-life period.
People are no longer family people. They care about money and themselves. Family values are going the same way as platform shoes and oversized scrunchies...out of style. Or so it seems...
I agree with that 100%
15thRegionCrazy Wrote:I feel the same way.. it's wrong but I can understand if someone does it for any of those reasons
I agree
ComfortEagle Wrote:*Endanger her health
or

I agree 100%. I'm for choice, but limited.
ComfortEagle Wrote:John Locke wrote that a government should gauruntee everyone 3 Natural Rights:

1) Life
2) Liberty
3) Property

Abortion takes away all of these rights.

These are rights our country was founded upon. Jefferson wrote the Declaration of Independence accusing King George III of taking away these rights. He did change the last one from PROPERTY to THE PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. But you cannot deny that our gov't. was founded upon John Locke's belief.
That's the major question, from a non-biblical point of view, when does life begin? When is a fetus viable? Are you really killing a baby, if it couldn't live outside the womb? What is the point at which the fetus can live outside the mom? I personally, am not for abortion, in instances other than rape, incest, health of the baby or mother. There are tons of people that are looking for babies to adopt. But, as long as it's legal in the US, I'm all for the woman's right to choose.
Pro life
CE put it best! Man, I miss that guy around the forums!
Wow...at the time of this thread, I was probably more pro-choice. Now, 100% pro life.
Unless someone really wants me to post in this thread, I am choosing to avoid it.

I posted the above just in case people started wondering why LWC, the BGR-preacher-man hasn't said anything yet. Again, if it is requested or if someone wants me to answer some Biblical question, please feel free to PM me. I will answer any question through private message.
As one who loves to read others thought on matters like this please post away.
LWC Wrote:Unless someone really wants me to post in this thread, I am choosing to avoid it.

I posted the above just in case people started wondering why LWC, the BGR-preacher-man hasn't said anything yet. Again, if it is requested or if someone wants me to answer some Biblical question, please feel free to PM me. I will answer any question through private message.

I'm with you on this one LWC. I have very firm thoughts and beliefs, but not what I wish to share here.
This is a topic that typically a lot of people hold their own beliefs - no matter what. Pretty tough to be persuasive on this one. But out of curiosity, what do you think makes this a topic that usually a lot of people are hesitant to talk about?
^^lol, I think it could be the abortion of a fetus that makes them uncomfortable WideRight...

Also, alot of people hold their tongue out of fear of being made out to be bad people or something similar for their beliefs, one way or another.
Pages: 1 2