Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt's New Coach
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
It has got to be Justin Haddix. This guy was the king of Breathitt Co. Won a state championship there and came back to assist before he got offered a HC job VERY quickly. He has turned PCC around, they've went from a perennial doormat to hosting and winning playoff games at the 5A level in just a few years. If Breathitt Co. doesn't pursue him for the HC job there are serious problems down in Jackson.
Altro Cat said Kyle Moore would be the new head coach. Already works in the Breathitt School system. Played under Holcomb. Really no reason to go out and get another guy to come in and coach when you already have someone on the payroll
Strikeout King Wrote:Altro Cat said Kyle Moore would be the new head coach. Already works in the Breathitt School system. Played under Holcomb. Really no reason to go out and get another guy to come in and coach when you already have someone on the payroll

Unless you wanted to win. Haddix is a proven winner. Moore is an unknown.
I think either coach is a win, both played QB at Breathitt and led their teams to a state title respectively. Both have came back to Breathitt and coached under Holcomb after graduating college. Both of them coached me while I played and like I said either pick is a win. I wish whoever gets the job the best of luck. It will be interesting to see who ends up as coach. Both are young energetic coaches that get the most out of their players with a very bright coaching future ahead of them.
NoWeakLinks Wrote:It has got to be Justin Haddix. This guy was the king of Breathitt Co. Won a state championship there and came back to assist before he got offered a HC job VERY quickly. He has turned PCC around, they've went from a perennial doormat to hosting and winning playoff games at the 5A level in just a few years. If Breathitt Co. doesn't pursue him for the HC job there are serious problems down in Jackson.
Kyle was also a quarterback of one of Breathitt County's state championship teams ('96). He's an excellent offensive mind. He was also one of the quarterbacks during the 42 game win streak (they won 27 straight games with him as QB). So I'm pretty sure they will be in good hands if he should be named head coach. But let's remember Holcomb isn't gone yet.
NoWeakLinks Wrote:Unless you wanted to win. Haddix is a proven winner. Moore is an unknown.
Maybe anywhere but in Breathitt County. Everyone knows Kyle Moore in Breathitt County and he is very good coach.
NoWeakLinks Wrote:Unless you wanted to win. Haddix is a proven winner. Moore is an unknown.
I can see your not from breathitt co. Kyle Moore may be the best QB to every play at breathitt. He lost 1 game as a starting QB and won a state championship. If Holcomb leaves I think they will hire John Paul Chapman. If not him, it will be Kyle Moore.
I believe Chapman is headed to Letcher along with Coach Holcomb or so I've heard.
Kyle moore would be the best potential coach in my opinion, and he is a proven winner. If you go and look his name has flooded the record books. If he is the head coach i guarantee that he will lead the bobcats to victory!
#dont be a hater
Wildcat100 Wrote:I can see your not from breathitt co. Kyle Moore may be the best QB to every play at breathitt. He lost 1 game as a starting QB and won a state championship. If Holcomb leaves I think they will hire John Paul Chapman. If not him, it will be Kyle Moore.

I can see your not from Breathitt Co. Moore started for 3 seasons. Undefeated first year, one loss second year, and in '98 they lost atleast 2 games (Middlesboro, Danville)
Bigballer2011 Wrote:Kyle moore would be the best potential coach in my opinion, and he is a proven winner. If you go and look his name has flooded the record books. If he is the head coach i guarantee that he will lead the bobcats to victory!
#dont be a hater

Yeah, everybody knows that if you were a successful player then you will be a successful coach. [sarcasm]

No, being a good player doesn't mean anything for coaching. Nobody knows how someone will do until they take the head coaching job and are running the show. Kyle Moore may become the best coach in state history. But, chances are he won't. You don't know how he will handle the job. He may not be a good personnel guy whereas he's a great X's and O's guy. It's unknown. Everyone does know that Haddix was a heck of a player and he is a heck of a coach. Anyone that has seen this guy coach for PCC knows he is a great coach. Can you say the same thing about Moore? No, he has always been under Holcomb (or Haddix for 1 year) and has never had to call the shots himself.
Strikeout King Wrote:I believe Chapman is headed to Letcher along with Coach Holcomb or so I've heard.

This is true.
moore worked with haddix at perry 2 season's ago
NoWeakLinks Wrote:Yeah, everybody knows that if you were a successful player then you will be a successful coach. [sarcasm]

No, being a good player doesn't mean anything for coaching. Nobody knows how someone will do until they take the head coaching job and are running the show. Kyle Moore may become the best coach in state history. But, chances are he won't. You don't know how he will handle the job. He may not be a good personnel guy whereas he's a great X's and O's guy. It's unknown. Everyone does know that Haddix was a heck of a player and he is a heck of a coach. Anyone that has seen this guy coach for PCC knows he is a great coach. Can you say the same thing about Moore? No, he has always been under Holcomb (or Haddix for 1 year) and has never had to call the shots himself.

....and, Mike Holcomb was under a guy named Dudley Hilton, then got the Breathitt job with no prior head coaching experience. (or, so I think?)

Kyle can coach, so can Haddix, obviously.
I am truly not trying to be disrespectful. I am feeling for the folks in Jackson. Good luck Breathitt. I may ultimately be proven wrong, but I feel like no matter who takes over, there will be a noticeable falloff.
Agree^
Hopefully they find the right guy, I live for a yearly Belfry/Breathitt show down. Heavyweight fight. I just can't imagine winning regional over Morgan or Magoffin. No disrespect to the programs on the rise, but it's like comparing Floyd Mayweather to Muhammad Ali. The new might be good, but you can't replace the old school.
NoWeakLinks Wrote:I can see your not from Breathitt Co. Moore started for 3 seasons. Undefeated first year, one loss second year, and in '98 they lost atleast 2 games (Middlesboro, Danville)

You are correct! I was thinking he only started 2 seasons but it was 3 seasons. In 1998 they lost to Middlesboro, Byran Station and Danville. 1998 was the year John Paul Chapman left and took his son with him. Probably knocked them out of a state title.
Kyle Moore deserves the position...he could have left many times over but he chose to be loyal and stayed at Breathitt.
Dudley Hilton. He needs no job. He is retired. Just coach. Money says he applies. Will they turn him down?
PaytoPlay Wrote:I am truly not trying to be disrespectful. I am feeling for the folks in Jackson. Good luck Breathitt. I may ultimately be proven wrong, but I feel like no matter who takes over, there will be a noticeable falloff.

There was going to be a drop off this year regardless of the coach. Overall, I feel like the football program needed a coaching change. It seemed to me, Holcomb had lost a little bit of interest in the program over the past couple of years. With that being said I wish Coach the best of luck at LCC.
Breathitt has 2 good options. I know a lot of schools that would take whichever isn't hired.
I have no idea who the better coach between the two would be, but IMO Kyle Moore was the best pure QB. Haddix just had those intangibles that made him one of the best pure football players I've seen in the mountains.
Remember one thing: Breathitt's board is neutered by the state management right now, and the SBDMC and principal are on tight reins. Frankfort has total control , has a really low opinion of the sports-oriented culture at Breathitt, and winning and booster influence and state championships probably aren't high on their list right now.

I say they take the safe route and hire Moore. He'll have 3 years to prove himself.
right place right time give it to moore.haddix was at the right place an right time when he got hire at perry central either way breatthit co get a good coach. hard to follow a legend like holcomb.pressure will be tough for either moore or haddix good luck on who gets its.:runtouchd:runtouchd
I bet you Haddix will go back to Breathitt if they offer it to him. Perry is in hot water to. State department lives at the high school.
Coach Haddix is the "man for the job". He is a proven winner as a head coach. In two years he has taken a PCC program who had never won a playoff game, to hosting playoff games in 5A. He loves his kids and they love playing for him. He loves the game and he will work harder than anyone else. He "should" be the front runner for the position.
I just wanted to say, Kyle Moore is one h#ll of a guy, and he would also be an excellent head coach. Kyle has done a lot of good things for the program as well. I just feel like Coach Haddix has something Kyle doesn't, and that is head coaching experience. Regardless of who gets the position, the program will be in good hands.
Cat Daddy Wrote:I just wanted to say, Kyle Moore is one h#ll of a guy, and he would also be an excellent head coach. Kyle has done a lot of good things for the program as well. I just feel like Coach Haddix has something Kyle doesn't, and that is head coaching experience. Regardless of who gets the position, the program will be in good hands.

Both are good guys. But this decision should not be about who is nice as we know. I would go with experience. That being said, I am not bad-mouthing KM. I just think that JH is a better option if available. He may not even be available, so who knows.
PRIDE101 Wrote:Dudley Hilton. He needs no job. He is retired. Just coach. Money says he applies. Will they turn him down?

When did he retire from Pikeville?
Pages: 1 2