Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Warren East Football Head Coach??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Warren East High School has announced that they will be naming their new Head Football Coach Wednesday morning at 8:00 Via Twitter and Via Greenwell a local sports media writer. From my understanding Steve Long is the current Interim Coach for the winter workouts. He has won a state title with Bowling Green as the defensive Coordinator, and brought Allen County Scottsville (ACS) to prominence earlier in the 2000's. I am thinking that he will be named head coach of WE High but not 100% percent sure. I do know WE has come of a 13-1 season and will actually be very good next year also.
It is official via twitter, BG Daily news and confirmation from the AD on twitter that Steve Long has been hired as the head coach.
What happened to him? Resign? New Job?
From my understanding he resigned to further his education.?. But from what I hear the school has agreed to change a whole lot for WE Program. Money, resources ect.
chicken_hawks101 Wrote:But from what I hear the school has agreed to change a whole lot for WE Program. Money, resources ect.
My guess is you heard wrong. What little I know about Warren Co. schools, they do very little to help athletics, especially at Warren East.
I actually disagree with your comment. I do know for a fact they raised the coaches budget by a third, and are going to get some incoming coaches in the building.
We will agree to disagree about the situation at East. Gate receipts are the football budget at East and the only way the budget is increased by 1/3 is due to them playing 3 extra playoff games in '12. The new head coach isn't even in the building and most view him as an extremely short term hire. The East adminstration does not care about getting the football program any help in the building (even if they could).

In terms of East's prospects for '13, they have a chance to be decent, but they lost quite a bit from the '12 team.