Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 74 Pike Central 58 - 15th Region Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from the East Ky Expo Center.
Interesting to say the least.

Kasongo plays 0 minutes in the 2nd half and is on the bench for only about the 4th quarter after crazy stuff in the locker-room and tunnel.

Pike Central on the other hand plays like a hockey team, their coach changes lines and thinks every time the horn blows you have to sub 3-4 guys out of the game.

Both teams are train wrecks but talented
region Wrote:Interesting to say the least.

Kasongo plays 0 minutes in the 2nd half and is on the bench for only about the 4th quarter after crazy stuff in the locker-room and tunnel.

Pike Central on the other hand plays like a hockey team, their coach changes lines and thinks every time the horn blows you have to sub 3-4 guys out of the game.

Both teams are train wrecks but talented

Which of these is the true story?
1. Kasongo gets a T in the 1st half and Coach Williams does not play him in second half because of the lead to avoid a second T which would put him out Friday night.
2. Coach Williams sits Kasongo because of the T in the first half for discipline.
3. Kasongo gets chewed at half and refuses to come back out with team.

Noticed that #23 did not immediately return after halftime and some adults went into the locker room after coaches and players returned for the second half.

Whatever the situation, very interesting.
THOMCAT Wrote:Which of these is the true story?
1. Kasongo gets a T in the 1st half and Coach Williams does not play him in second half because of the lead to avoid a second T which would put him out Friday night.
2. Coach Williams sits Kasongo because of the T in the first half for discipline.

Noticed that #23 did not immediately return after halftime and some adults went into the locker room after coaches and players returned for the second half.

I'd say #1 is the correct answer
THOMCAT Wrote:Which of these is the true story?

Pretty much all of the above.
I figured PCC would hang close when Kasongo failed to come out of the locker room for the second half.
I think Pikeville played better without him.
I do know for sure the coach died the right thing tonight. And I know I have gained a great deal of respect for The coach of Pikeville and his team tonight. Not any easy task for young people to handle immature actions of one player.
They did play better without him, they were able to run the court more even with the lead.
Williams did the right thing. Props!
What did he do to get T'd up?
Good win Pikeville, big JC game on Friday.
Congrats to Pikeville on the W, wishing you best of luck the rest of the tournament.

Pike Central had a tough year, but they are a very young group that we will hopefully get better in the next year or 2.
BlueSky Wrote:I do know for sure the coach died the right thing tonight. And I know I have gained a great deal of respect for The coach of Pikeville and his team tonight. Not any easy task for young people to handle immature actions of one player.

"Not too hard to leave him out and do the "right thing" when up by 15. If lead got to 7 the "right thing" would have been done differently.
Salimander Wrote:"Not too hard to leave him out and do the "right thing" when up by 15. If lead got to 7 the "right thing" would have been done differently.

I don't think so, not Coach Bart Williams. He's shown he doesn't care to sit a player if he has too.
I would agree, and he will keep him out tomorrow if he sees fit to..... What a great place to watch the regional, very comfortable and fun..... Enjoy going much more now...The best to all the teams players, coaches, fans, and refs!!!