Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Kentucky AAU D-1 State Tournament (March 8-10))
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Kentucky AAU Division 1 State Tournament will be March 8th-10th at the KBA in Lexington, KY. For Boys 8U (2nd) through 12U (6th).

Anyone know any teams that will be attending?

Kentucky Extreme will have a team in each age division.
focus, playmakers, ville, extreme, hustle is some I expect in 6th, 5th focus, playmakers, ville, east elite , extreme and cky magic will be there. should be competitive in both grades except ville will bring kids from other states if need be to win it.
THE VILLE has enough Kentucky players to hopefully be competitive in our age groups. We will bring a 5th & 6th team to States.

The team nobody is talking about is LOU. Elite 6th. They have a player that only plays 7th, but he will play down this year in 6th that had 5+ dunks this season in middle school and plays point. Also had 4 dunks in AAU last season in 5th.
How many 2nd grade teams will be at this tournament?
Anybody know what 3rd and 4th grade teams are going to be there?
2nd Grade
KY Extreme
Ky Playmakers
Go Hard In the Paint
Pulaski County
Those are just some that I know for sure.

3rd Grade
Ky Extreme Red
Go Hard In the Paint
KY Playmakers
Rock Elite
Casey County
Pulaski County
BG Ballers
and probably many more.

3rd grade should be loaded.
Some of the 4th grade teams; (just a guess) That I looked for to be there.
KY Extreme
Key Player
Taylor Made
KY Playmakers
Walton-Vernoa
Hustle
Lex. Thunder
Lex. Lighting
Express
Lexington Catholic
Montgomery Tribe

5th
KY Playmakers
KY Extreme
Taylor Made
Richmond Thunder
East Elite
The Ville
Focus
cky Magic
NKY Elite
Rock Elite

6th
KY Extreme
KY Playmakers
Hustle
The Ville
Focus
Taylor Made
schedules are out. kba website.
Looks like its going to be a good tournament.

Good Luck to the KY Playmakers, we respect what you all do.
Can't believe Extreme and Playmakers got matched up first game of 6th and also in 3rd grade.
Tim Sizemore and Jeff Shepherd requested those games. They just wanted to see how EXTREME your teams really are. Shepherd said NOBODY could touch his teams.
The 5th and 6th Grade look to be very competitive fields.
In the 5th grade the top teams I have seen are Ky Playmakers , The Ville , Taylor Made and Focus. I look for it to between those 4 teams with Ky Playmakers and The Ville being the favorites.

The 6th grade is a pretty open field with about 5 teams being capable of winning it( Playmakers, Extreme , Focus, Hustle and The Ville ) . I know the hustle has a few new additions that will help them. I believe the Playmakers beat The Hustle by 2 this weekend and a couple weeks ago the Hustle beat the playmakers by about 2. The Ville and Focus haven't played much in Lexington this year but I know they played each other last weekend and they split with each other both being 1 point games. And then you have Ky Extreme which had a strong showing in Lexington a couple weeks ago winning the Gatorade Invitational beating Lex Hustle 2 times that weekend on the way to the Championship. This should be one of the most competitive AAU state tournaments in the last few years. Good Luck to everyoneshould be fun to watch.
tim sizemore and jeff have nothing to do with the 5th and 6th grade ky playmakers and I mean this with all do respect but the playmakers neither request or dodge anyone. When the game is over win or lose we will shake hands and wish you good luck. I have no idea where the rock got his info.
ky playmaker Wrote:tim sizemore and jeff have nothing to do with the 5th and 6th grade ky playmakers and I mean this with all do respect but the playmakers neither request or dodge anyone. When the game is over win or lose we will shake hands and wish you good luck. I have no idea where the rock got his info.

LOL we know this. Actually me and Tim talked(texted) today. We all have respect for each other. We know its all about the kids and playing basketball.
Is the Extreme 6th still planning on playing at the state this weekend? I've heard something's that they had a few players that couldn't play this weekend wasn't sure if any of this was true and if it is are they still coming?
^ Yeah Extreme 6th will still be playing.. They will be missing 2 players tho.
Glad to see that the Extreme will still be coming from what I've read on here they are one of the favorites to win it. Hopefully this doesn't set them back to much. Do they have some kids with injuries?
Oh no! extreme with 2 out and playmakers with one out and the ville and focus probably gonna have a knock down drag out before the tourny ever starts. Things sure could be interesting this weekend. Big candy better have back up this weekend. lol
I hear its a age thing as to why they cant play. AAU's Sept.1 cutoff really hurts teams in Ky that is use to using the August 1st date. I also hear that there are several others in question. We'll see.
Those Birth Certificates will get you everytime. You will see that from time to time. In tournaments that require paperwork to be turned in will change the rosters of some teams.
6th Grade Finals

Final four
Playmakers -beat- The Ville
KY Extreme -beat- Taylor Made

Championship
Playmakers -beat- KY Extreme

Congrats to Playmakers

2 Mountain teams beat 2 Louisville teams
congrats to the playmakers for winning the state D1 at the kba .......backtoback
ekff Wrote:6th Grade Finals

Final four
Playmakers -beat- The Ville
KY Extreme -beat- Taylor Made

Championship
Playmakers -beat- KY Extreme

Congrats to Playmakers

2 Mountain teams beat 2 Louisville teams

The team the Playmakers beat was from Louisville?
team playmakers beat was from memphisville area i believe
Congrats. To The Playmakers 6th. They had a great tourney and are a great bunch of kids and well coached by Cromer. The Extreme team played very well all weekend. Sizemore played great as always and after talking to a national rankings scout that was at our game he is ready to rank him as one of the top three guards in the country.Very well deserved for the work he puts in.
I have not seen any posts on the 5th grade tourney! Well the mountain teams did not fair out as well. After a close 1 pt. win over Taylormade (LOU. team) that just so happens to have 4 sixth graders on it. We went on to blow out the rest of the field by avg. of 33pts. a game:

KY Extreme 65-30
KY Dreams 72-36
SE Elite 70-34
Playmakers 70-43 * Matt Cromer was in a cast

We would have scored 100 pts. a game and the margins would have been a lot more lopsided if not for running clocks in the second half in most games & having to stay in side the arc when up by 30+.

Congrats to D. Hawkins (THE VILLE) for winning States and hopefully Mr. Basketball. If not him Omar or D. Hicks also both THE VILLE........
I have not heard anything back! Time change got you all behind???
Congrats to The Ville 5th grade team... The Ville 5th grade was a very good team!
thanks for the kind words about adam and the team. They all have worked very hard. 6 of those kids have been with me for 4 years and played over 200 games together so that helps alot. as far as 5th grade no I aint wanting to talk about the butt whooping we took. lol That was the worst whooping I have taken since and you probably don't remember this but when that 6th grade group of mine was in the 3rd grade and trying to learn how to play ball your ville team beat us by 50 our first trip to lexington. We never forgot that day.
Congrats to all the winners over the weekend.

It was a great weekend with some great young talent all across Kentucky. So happy to see kids getting the chance to play basketball.

We (Extreme) are very happy with our showing at State, this is our first year as a program.
We have a lot of respect for KY Playmakers and a big S/O to their program on winning 2 divisions this weekend.
Pages: 1 2