Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Prayers for Former Coach Tony Saylor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Asking all BGR to left former Rockcastle assistant coach Tony Saylor. Coach Saylor was trampled by a cow Friday evening on his farm and suffered broken ribs and crushed collar bone. He also had some internal bleeding, but Heard today that they got the bleeding to stop
prayers from ashland
Prayers from our end of the county.
Will do, he is one of my favorite opposing Coaches.
Prayers from the panther nation!!
Prayers here for Coach Saylor. Heck of a man and heck of a coach.
Prayers.
Prayers and when or why did he quit coaching.
Full deck Wrote:Prayers and when or why did he quit coaching.

The time and rigor of coaching for over 25 years probably had something to do with it. His youngest nephew who played football is graduating this May probably had a little to do with it. I also think he wants more time with family and to watch his stepson (plays for WKU and maybe will go pro) play baseball. He made it official this past January at the football banquet and it was pretty well suspected this was his last year from the talk of the past two years. Great guy....his experience will be missed.
papagrit Wrote:The time and rigor of coaching for over 25 years probably had something to do with it. His youngest nephew who played football is graduating this May probably had a little to do with it. I also think he wants more time with family and to watch his stepson (plays for WKU and maybe will go pro) play baseball. He made it official this past January at the football banquet and it was pretty well suspected this was his last year from the talk of the past two years. Great guy....his experience will be missed.

Thanks, rocket football will miss him, him and coach larkey did a great job together, always had a top notch team and well respected and feared.
Prayers going up from Hazard.
Prayers for Coach Saylor from the Black Bear Nation!
May he have a speedy recovery!!
That's horrible! Prayers for Coach, and godspeed on his recovery.
12 broken ribs will take a LOT of healing. May God be with him and his family.
One of the best defensive coaches around for sure, hope he has a quick and painless recovery.
I Heard Coach Saylor may get to come Home today, so thats the good news.
Prayers from Log Mountain and the Bobcat Nation to a speedy recovery!!!
Tony Saylor was at church this morning. He got up in front of the congregation and said he just wanted to thank everyone for all their prayers and all the help they gave him and his family during this troubled time. He also said that God had already saved him once, but he sure felt that God had protected him here and saved him again from what could have been a much worse situation.

I know Rockcastle football will miss him as a coach. But I just think the bigger loss may be the way that he motivated and influenced the kids and tried to show them, by example, the character they need to posess to be successful in life. A good leader with Godly values and integrity is not easy to come by, especially one that is successful in today's world. I sure hope the next generation of Rockcastle coaches continue with the integrity and values that he has shown, and passes them on to the kids as good coaches should. Rock football surely will miss him, and so will I.