Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Favorite Bass Bait?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whats does everyone use? Right now i'm having luck with spinner baits and small bluegill.
I like using nightcrawlers when the water is up... i bought some fake bait that looks like bluegills but I haven't tried them yet
I use bluegills when I can.
i like using crankbaits
i like using bass minnows and nightcrawlers, maybe a rapala in there every once in a while...call me old fashioned but i like live bait more than fake bait...except when it comes to catfish
Well for catfish WD 40 and liver is the best
some good ol' night crawlers and wax/mill worms!!
My favorite would probably be a top water plug because I caught my biggest fish on it.
4" senko baby bass color. I also like using 10" powerworm watermelon green. White with bleeding red spinner baits.
I never use live bait unless I'm taking my little girls fishing.
Has anyone used any Tubes before? I was gonna use some this weekend and was wondering what methods you used.
A Rapella Shad Rap works great for Smallmouth at Dale Hollow Lake. Just troll the banks and cast 2-3 feet off the shore and reel that dude back to the boat. Repeat as needed with a medium action bait caster or spinning reel. A good ole Zebco 33 works great for beginners. I use a trolling motor early in the morning or late in the afternoon.
blackcat_student Wrote:Has anyone used any Tubes before? I was gonna use some this weekend and was wondering what methods you used.

i use tubes all the time and catch all the smallies i want
Rapala Minnows, and ANYTHING topwater.