Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Johnson Central 50 Sheldon Clark 49 (57th Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Finally, JCHS looks like they may be starting to put it together. Got out to big lead before blowing it in the 4th quarter. Shane Hall was mostly a no-show for three quarters but came up with the play of the game, rebounding a missed FT when it looked like the self-destruction was complete and drawing the foul, then stepping up and hitting two of two from the line for the final score. SC unable to get off a shot in the last 9 seconds, and Frankie Smith can drive the Double Dutch Bus back to Inez safely. (If you're too young to remember the artist of the same name and his one hit song, never mind. But it's worth a Youtube lookup if you want to hear some awesome disco.)

Anyhow, good job, Eagles. Finally got the Cardinal hoodoo out of your heads, boys. Now maybe you can get down to real business and get back to Rupp. Let's make it back to back trips. GO EAGLES.
Excellent. Now JC needs to capture that 15th region championship.
The 15th champ will be the team that wants it the most!
Big Don Wrote:The 15th champ will be the team that wants it the most!

Right now, it looks like it'll be the team that screws up the least, unfortunately. Nobody looks very good.
Congrads to JC. Good luck in regional.
Diogenes Wrote:Right now, it looks like it'll be the team that screws up the least, unfortunately. Nobody looks very good.

You are correct sir! Turnovers and free throws will be crucial in this tournament.
Is the Expo floor 94 feet (college length)? I'm not sure. If so, longer trips up and down the floor may make conditioning more of a factor as well.
Congrats JC sounds like they are coming on at the right time.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil
Congrats to the Golden Eagles. Looking forward to the regionals. Can't believe how much Sheldon Clark's coach complained after the game about the officiating. Guess he wanted all the calls instead of the 95% that he got. Typical Johhny Webb and Jimmy Cecil game. Can't comment on Wendell Wallin because I'm not sure his whistle was working.
THOMCAT Wrote:Congrats to the Golden Eagles. Looking forward to the regionals. Can't believe how much Sheldon Clark's coach complained after the game about the officiating. Guess he wanted all the calls instead of the 95% that he got. Typical Johhny Webb and Jimmy Cecil game. Can't comment on Wendell Wallin because I'm not sure his whistle was working.

Webb and Cecil are fair and do a good job. Don't know Wallin. D. Conn does the game and you have the right to complain!
Big Don Wrote:Webb and Cecil are fair and do a good job. Don't know Wallin. D. Conn does the game and you have the right to complain!

Sorry Big Don but Webb and Cecil totally stunk the floor up tonight.
In order for Johnson Central to win the regional tournament they have to get more out of Shane Hall. Totally disappointed in his effort the past two games. Come on big fella, God has blessed you with so much talent,put this team on your back and carry them.
Jimmy Cecil called 4 fouls tonight. Before the game I bet my buddy he would call no more than 3. Missed it by 1.

Jimmy is one of the worst officials in the 15th because he won't call ANYTHING. If your idea of good officiating is watching a bloodbath, he's your man.
Don Carlo Wrote:Sorry Big Don but Webb and Cecil totally stunk the floor up tonight.

I wasn't there. Just giving my thoughts on those two. The officiating overall has gotten worse the past couple years and a few of them love the attention they get. I've seen them T up players, coaches, book-keepers, manager's, ball boys and eject fans, parents and crying babies from the stands. I wished one time a deputy would tell them "no you need to GTFO"!
Sc didn't play very well they're a jump shooting team and shots weren't falling for most Of the night and were one rebound from a district championship. They played their tails off tho. Hopefully we will see a fourth meeting in the finals of the region. The officials called a pretty good game I thought. The last play was questionable but when aren't they? It was a pretty damn good game. And a tough pill to swallow. Road to rupp starts now!
Yeah cards got the calls lol. How about then2 tou ch fouls on sc in the final 30 seconds then the no call while parsley gets mugged coming up the floor. They really helped us tonight.
Outstanding atmosphere tonight in Salyersville. There's nothing like the post season in a high school gym.
I didn't think Wendall called this game. Thought he got scratched. Congrats to JC and good luck to both of them. I hope they face each other in the Championship game.
Don Carlo Wrote:Outstanding atmosphere tonight in Salyersville. There's nothing like the post season in a high school gym.

Amen brotha.
This was just greatness. Sch a great game in an old school gym. Shane was so clutch.