Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Nextyear
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think high school basketball has been put in a sad state of affairs when the true answer to the question "what kind of team will you have next year?" is "it depends on how many transfers we get or loose".
I think we should all loose our transfers. If we tighten them, they'll never play to their potential.
Hazard will get a transfer along with Cordia and Perry Central.
you can never prepare for the next season with transfers
Transfer
Smansfer
wahh wahh wahh
transfer
grumble
not fair
wahh wahh wahh
home grown
blah blah
transfer
How about we wait til this season is over with before we start taking about next season......
The season is over for many teams Zaga fan it is obvious your school is in a position to benefit from transfers also you are an ass
:problem:
It is safe to say that I'm the king
Hehehe
fedscreekviking Wrote:The season is over for many teams Zaga fan it is obvious your school is in a position to benefit from transfers also you are an ass

He is our ass::ChairHit:
Usually the teams that is not able to recruit transfers is the ones complaining. So u know zaga is onin the transfer side.

But say it was flopped the other way im sure he would be against it. Personally I think there should be no rule either way. Let kids play where they want.

Its just sad to see kids who played there heart out for a county he's entire life only to be set his senior year because u have 3 division 1 players from Kansas moving here for ACADEMICS.
zaga_fan Wrote::problem:
It is safe to say that I'm the king

Zaga you are one popular guy. But you say what's on your mind.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
Home grown Canadian Bacon always wins.
Not only Canadian, but we've got transfers into KY from South America, Africa, AND Asia/mid-east...Brazil, Senegal, and Turkey. Need to get a handle on it or something, as the state's HS sports ruling body, it's the KHSAA's job to get done.
But it won't get done because too many people have too much success riding these kids.
Wish valley could get a transfer coach were fine with the kids
just for fun Wrote:Wish valley could get a transfer coach were fine with the kids

Hahahah man, I spit my soda, LOL. Already got a coach to take over , thing is he's an assistant. :/

Good luck with that though man, really. Valley getting their coaching together, with Bart at Pikeville and McCoy at ER, District games will be GREAT and always competitive!
The mountain area got a couple of transfers in the past few years. I guess other teams in the state does not get any (LOL). I can name two or three teams in other parts of the state that will have a transfer about every year on the team.
Heck man, I can name more than that, lol.
vundy33 Wrote:Not only Canadian, but we've got transfers into KY from South America, Africa, AND Asia/mid-east...Brazil, Senegal, and Turkey. Need to get a handle on it or something, as the state's HS sports ruling body, it's the KHSAA's job to get done.

KHSAA cant stop it because teams will just geta court order injuction against KHSAA. KHSAA hands are tie because of the court system.
Mountain Wrote:The mountain area got a couple of transfers in the past few years. I guess other teams in the state does not get any (LOL). I can name two or three teams in other parts of the state that will have a transfer about every year on the team.

Absolutely agree Scott County and some of these other teams have been doing this for years not singling out Scott just using them for example and it's nothing new back in the 50's when several mountain teams won state championships transfers played a big part in it. The way the rules are you can't stop it adjust and play the game.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
vundy33 Wrote:Not only Canadian, but we've got transfers into KY from South America, Africa, AND Asia/mid-east...Brazil, Senegal, and Turkey. Need to get a handle on it or something, as the state's HS sports ruling body, it's the KHSAA's job to get done.

It's hard for the KHSAA to do anything when the courts will just override it.

I for one dont care. I just wish Whitley would start offering up homes Confusednicker:

It is apparent we have NEVER had all star transfers.
What really bothers me is last night I watched my school lose 2 champ games to teams that featured star players that attended my school last year and both transfered with some shady circumstances. Both were ruled ineligible by KHSAA until someone with pull got it reversed. You can spout all the BS you want but you can not prove to me this situation is right for my local KIDS.
fedscreekviking Wrote:What really bothers me is last night I watched my school lose 2 champ games to teams that featured star players that attended my school last year and both transfered with some shady circumstances. Both were ruled ineligible by KHSAA until someone with pull got it reversed. You can spout all the BS you want but you can not prove to me this situation is right for my local KIDS.

Give McCoy time and he will "build" a heck of a basketball program at ER. Then we won't hear ER fans complaining about transfers anymore.
jetpilot Wrote:Give McCoy time and he will "build" a heck of a basketball program at ER. Then we won't hear ER fans complaining about transfers anymore.

Because Randy McCoy would NEVER EVER recruit, especially international players, with his squeaky clean rep? Smile

Hell, he was recruiting international all-stars before it was cool, back in the early 90s.

What Scott County does is one thing, with the Team Toyota business, but they're at least usually semi-local and don't require a visa and a passport to make it to games. International kids is something else entirely. And these aren't exchange students here on certified exchange programs to learn English and be culturally enriched. They have been directed here by some benevolent force (who I'm sure isn't seeing any kind of profit for his services, no sir) to little mountain hamlets. And there's always a friendly local judge, who depends on the voters in his area to keep his job, who is always willing to urinate in the face of the state's governing athletic body with a timely injunction to get them eligible somehow. Why judges involve themselves in, or are even ALLOWED to involve themselves in, the affairs of the organization whose purpose is to govern high school athletics is beyond me; I guess they don't have anything better to do.

This whole thing reeks. I wish the schools who are not benefiting from this nonsense would file a mass appeal on all these eligibility decisions, or perhaps a motion to the KHSAA to consider the schools replacing their entire lineups annually as prep schools ineligible for title competition. If this continues, you're going to lose high school basketball period, just like the NCAA is about to implode.
He got Leathers and Clevinger to come to Elkhorn from Millard.
That is McCoy
Team Toyota that is funny!!!!!