Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel/Corbin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Anyone got the score?
Corbin 73-66
Thx Ekff!
Corbin led this one by as much as 19 in the 2nd qtr and was up 17 at halftime. South Laurel came out in the 3rd qtr and looked like a new team closing the gap to 47-46 at the end of 3rd. Game was close during the 4th but Goins from Corbin hit three huge 3 pointers down the stretch to hold off an unbelievable comeback from South Laurel.
Goins led Corbin with 19 Sanders had a huge game for South with 25 and was unstoppable for most of the second half. Baxter had a nice game as well with 21. Both of these teams are playing very good and will be hard outs in the region
south couldn`t do anything in the first half.the second half south was a totally different team.corbin made huge three`s late in the 4th to hold on for the win.
On a different note. Is there a worse ref in Ky than Mills? His 2nd half performance was one for the ages. Way too many examples to list on here. Like Corbin inbounding the ball and it rolls down the front of a Corbin player and off his knee out of bound, and Mills points SL ball, only to realize he give it to SL and gives it to Corbin somehow. (Or the bs technical.) But one of the worst was the 1 and 1 that shouldve been double bonus in the final couple minutes of the game. The official score keeper even stopped the game after Corbin rebounded the 1st missed ft to tell them that it was the 10th team foul, only to have some old man from Corbin come off their bench saying he was showing 9. Well, after the "official" score keeper tells him it was foul #10 along with SL score keeper, they dont care and give the ball to Corbin. LoL. The second half by Mills isn't why South lost the game at all. The worst 1st half of basketball I've watched was the reason for them losing. (If Corbin hits some easy shots, SL is down 20 in the 1st.) But why they let Mills step on a court is beyond me. You would think he would get tired of being the laughing stock of the 13th and just call it quits. But I do hope we get to see another SL-Corbin game in the region. All 3 games this year have been great.
raisedseams Wrote:On a different note. Is there a worse ref in Ky than Mills? His 2nd half performance was one for the ages. Way too many examples to list on here. Like Corbin inbounding the ball and it rolls down the front of a Corbin player and off his knee out of bound, and Mills points SL ball, only to realize he give it to SL and gives it to Corbin somehow. (Or the bs technical.) But one of the worst was the 1 and 1 that shouldve been double bonus in the final couple minutes of the game. The official score keeper even stopped the game after Corbin rebounded the 1st missed ft to tell them that it was the 10th team foul, only to have some old man from Corbin come off their bench saying he was showing 9. Well, after the "official" score keeper tells him it was foul #10 along with SL score keeper, they dont care and give the ball to Corbin. LoL. The second half by Mills isn't why South lost the game at all. The worst 1st half of basketball I've watched was the reason for them losing. (If Corbin hits some easy shots, SL is down 20 in the 1st.) But why they let Mills step on a court is beyond me. You would think he would get tired of being the laughing stock of the 13th and just call it quits. But I do hope we get to see another SL-Corbin game in the region. All 3 games this year have been great.

South Laurel was the only scorebook that showed 10 fouls. They HAVE to go by the official book, which had 9 fouls listed. The Whitley Co. radio guy also had 9 fouls in their scorebook, which they were certain was correct.
I was at the game and could careless who wins or loses I didn't even see a technical foul the entire game so I'm not sure what you are talking about there. I thought that the officials done a good job. In kentucky every team that loses blames the officials it must be protocol for ky basketball. One of SL coach made a comment after the game to me that he was pleased with how the game was officiated. Like it has been said before put the stipes on and get on floor.
On another note SL fans are ignorant to basketball. Coach Davis deserves better. They slam officals and their own coaches (this is first hand information). My suggestion is to put your time and effort it supporting your coach and program and quit complaining about officals and coaches.
Corbin is dangerous in the postseason. Coach Pietrowoski always seem to have them ready for the tournament.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
I don't think you could single Mills out, I thought the overall crew was very weak. There was 3 big games last night in the Region so by my math you should have our best 9 referees working.The South/ Corbin game,Barbourville/Knox Central games,are always heated so you would think thats where the best crews would be.Ican't believe the crew that work the South/ Corbin would be any where near the top crews in the region.
Corbin is still red hot!
If South Laurel, would of played the 1st half like the did in the second half this game would of been diffrent. Corbin, had no answers for South's pressure D in the 3rd Qtr. Corbin, hit 4 key 3 pointers in South Laurel's run in the 4th Qtr and that cost them the game.

I agree with Brother Cecil, Corbin wil be dangerous in the region. I'll add this no way would I want to meet ether of these teams in the first round of the tournament.
How did the Sanders kid play?
upintheair Wrote:I was at the game and could careless who wins or loses I didn't even see a technical foul the entire game so I'm not sure what you are talking about there. I thought that the officials done a good job. In kentucky every team that loses blames the officials it must be protocol for ky basketball. One of SL coach made a comment after the game to me that he was pleased with how the game was officiated. Like it has been said before put the stipes on and get on floor.

If you was at the game and didn't see the technical, I would like to know exactly what you was doing. The T came when Baxter and a Corbin player came down with the ball off a rebound and Baxter tried to pull it away and the Corbin kid hit the ground hard. Should've been a jump ball or nothing. Once again Mills let the Corbin coaches scream and make the calls for him. The kid shot 2 ft's and got the ball back. Not sure what game you was watching. As far as the 10th foul goes, I don't care what the radio guys or Corbins book keeper told you. The official score keeper blew the horn to tell them it was double bonus. Everyone around the official score keeper heard him tell the ref that it was the 10th foul. Why else would he blow the horn and stop the game?
Mills is Tony's boy, I find it ironic that he called the Corbin and Williamsburg game in the first round.he gutted williamsburg. I wonder how many Corbin games that he has ref'd? I know of 7.
Sanders, had a very good tournament Avg 18.5 points 8 assist 4.5 steals. Good to see him back playing and healthy.
upintheair Wrote:On another note SL fans are ignorant to basketball. Coach Davis deserves better. They slam officals and their own coaches (this is first hand information). My suggestion is to put your time and effort it supporting your coach and program and quit complaining about officals and coaches.

:popcorn: All fans are the same at every school....
SEKYFAN Wrote:South Laurel was the only scorebook that showed 10 fouls. They HAVE to go by the official book, which had 9 fouls listed. The Whitley Co. radio guy also had 9 fouls in their scorebook, which they were certain was correct.

I can tell you 100% without a doubt that the official book being kept by the young man from Williamsburg with the referee shirt on had 10 fouls and he had the clock keeper stop the game. South book had 10 fouls also. Corbin book had 9.
raisedseams Wrote:On a different note. Is there a worse ref in Ky than Mills? His 2nd half performance was one for the ages. Way too many examples to list on here. Like Corbin inbounding the ball and it rolls down the front of a Corbin player and off his knee out of bound, and Mills points SL ball, only to realize he give it to SL and gives it to Corbin somehow. (Or the bs technical.) But one of the worst was the 1 and 1 that shouldve been double bonus in the final couple minutes of the game. The official score keeper even stopped the game after Corbin rebounded the 1st missed ft to tell them that it was the 10th team foul, only to have some old man from Corbin come off their bench saying he was showing 9. Well, after the "official" score keeper tells him it was foul #10 along with SL score keeper, they dont care and give the ball to Corbin. LoL. The second half by Mills isn't why South lost the game at all. The worst 1st half of basketball I've watched was the reason for them losing. (If Corbin hits some easy shots, SL is down 20 in the 1st.) But why they let Mills step on a court is beyond me. You would think he would get tired of being the laughing stock of the 13th and just call it quits. But I do hope we get to see another SL-Corbin game in the region. All 3 games this year have been great.

As was overheard last night......Jimmy Mills is Tony Pietrowski's Bi**h.....but Jimmy will be very well taken care of during football season, he'll have ten games and a few playoff games on top of that, LOL.
That shows how smart people are there was no tech foul because I went back and looked in the official book and no tech was recorded. They did have a intentional foul which I thought was the correct call. When a player slams another player to the ground it is intentional. Both officals had the foul and conferred with each other. So I would assume that the agreed to go with a intentional foul. Like I said in the previous post SL coach said he was pleased with the way the game was officiated.
I know mills had the Corbin/South game in the regular season and if my memory serves me correctly he had a tech in that game against Corbin so I wouldn't imagine him being Tonys boy. People need to spend more time supporting their kids and program and less time complaining.
This is the problem in MOST regions. You have officials like this who will call it for certain teams reguardless. I just think it's funny how you see the same officials calling the same games over and over. It's not only happening in the 13th but ask anyone from the 12th, 5th or 14th. The only way to correct this is to take the buddy system out of the equation, which isn't going to happen.

I agree with most, South lost with a very poor half of basketball. I also think at least 3 of the top 6 guys should've been on this game, which unfortunatly was not.
hoops_town Wrote:I can tell you 100% without a doubt that the official book being kept by the young man from Williamsburg with the referee shirt on had 10 fouls and he had the clock keeper stop the game. South book had 10 fouls also. Corbin book had 9.

The officials looked at the scorebook and counted the number of fouls recorded, you do realize that they are recorded twice, and there were only 9 marked. Do you really believe that the officials would take the word of one team over the official scorekeeper?:igiveup: This is apparently the 12th time in the last 13 games that South Laurel has been cheated by the refs when playing Corbin.:HitWall:
The young official scorekeeper had 10 fouls in his book , but once the old Corbin dude screamed at him I think he became a little intimidated. The only official that looked at the books was Kevin Hembree, which by the way is an excellent referee. What caused the confusion was the official bookkeeper didnt X out or darken out his first half fouls so the halves couldnt be determined. But he absolutely had 10 fouls on Corbin at that point.
At no point have I ever said thats what cost South this game.....not showing up in the 1st half took care of that.
b1gblu3sports Wrote:This is the problem in MOST regions. You have officials like this who will call it for certain teams reguardless. I just think it's funny how you see the same officials calling the same games over and over. It's not only happening in the 13th but ask anyone from the 12th, 5th or 14th. The only way to correct this is to take the buddy system out of the equation, which isn't going to happen.

I agree with most, South lost with a very poor half of basketball. I also think at least 3 of the top 6 guys should've been on this game, which unfortunatly was not.

This is a huge problem in the 13th region....Buddy Buddy system at its best. Paul Pietrowski, Tony's Dad is the football assigning secretary and that just looks awfully fishy considering about every basketball referee in the 13th calls football too.
raisedseams Wrote:If you was at the game and didn't see the technical, I would like to know exactly what you was doing. The T came when Baxter and a Corbin player came down with the ball off a rebound and Baxter tried to pull it away and the Corbin kid hit the ground hard. Should've been a jump ball or nothing. Once again Mills let the Corbin coaches scream and make the calls for him. The kid shot 2 ft's and got the ball back. Not sure what game you was watching. As far as the 10th foul goes, I don't care what the radio guys or Corbins book keeper told you. The official score keeper blew the horn to tell them it was double bonus. Everyone around the official score keeper heard him tell the ref that it was the 10th foul. Why else would he blow the horn and stop the game?

The official scorer has no horn to blow. The only one with a horn to blow is the official clock keeper.
rojas Wrote:The official scorer has no horn to blow. The only one with a horn to blow is the official clock keeper.

The official scorer was setting right beside the clock keeper and the official scorer told the clock keeper to blow the horn. He actually told him to blow it before the first foul shot was attempted.
Look, Corbin made some huge 3's down the stretch to win this game and if they gave out a mvp award it would have to go to the Goins kid. I know Grubb made a couple of 3's as well but he turned the ball over about 5 or 6 times that led directly to South Laurel points. Goins was unreal in the last 4 mins of the game. Without his 3's South Laurel would have won this game and completed an unbelieveable comeback. Corbin won......they go to region, South does too, and this year, it really doesnt matter if you're a runner up or winner.......I read a stat in a newspaper the other day that said only 53% of district winners actually win the region.
hoops_town Wrote:it really doesnt matter if you're a runner up or winner.......I read a stat in a newspaper the other day that said only 53% of district winners actually win the region.

I'm going to have to call bulls*#t on that newspaper writer right now. It's mathematically impossible for 53% of district winners to win regional tournaments. Each region has 4 district winners. At best only 1 in 4 (25%) can win the region.

If what you meant was that district winners win only 53% of the regions, I find that a little hard to believe too. During the past three years 38 of 48 (79%) regional tournaments are won by district champions. Only 10 of the 48 (21%) regional tournaments have been won by district runners-up. I would guess in most year well over half regional tournaments are won by district winners.
Corbin 64 South 61. Should be a good one.
Pages: 1 2