Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Has Tubby DOOMED U.K.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Are the reasent misfortunes of the Wild Cats all due to the apathetic Tubby Smith.

I say YES :devilflam

Your thoughts on this:

The younger Werner told the Florida student paper, The Daily Alligator, "Coach Donovan is a huge reason, maybe the biggest reason I'll be a Gator." And he told the Asbury Park Press, "They like to get up and down the court, and they also like to shoot the three-pointer."

Kentucky shot 21.2 three-pointers per game last year to Florida's 18.9. But perception is reality. And UK's current reality reeks of a down cycle.

Katz is right. It won't always be this way. Things change. But for now, the SEC's balance of power has officially shifted from Kentucky to Florida blue. You can feel it under your flip-flops.
After this year Tubby won't be around. This year will be a disaster. if they keep Tubby much longer they will have to go to having open tryouts like the womens team did several years ago. Nobody wants to play, watch, or be involved in Tubby ball!
Battle Tested Wrote:
Are the reasent misfortunes of the Wild Cats all due to the apathetic Tubby Smith.

I say YES :devilflam

Your thoughts on this:

The younger Werner told the Florida student paper, The Daily Alligator, "Coach Donovan is a huge reason, maybe the biggest reason I'll be a Gator." And he told the Asbury Park Press, "They like to get up and down the court, and they also like to shoot the three-pointer."

Kentucky shot 21.2 three-pointers per game last year to Florida's 18.9. But perception is reality. And UK's current reality reeks of a down cycle.

Katz is right. It won't always be this way. Things change. But for now, the SEC's balance of power has officially shifted from Kentucky to Florida blue. You can feel it under your flip-flops.
Kentucky shouldnt have let Billy get away.....
obviously this werner cat is an idiot. he also said he went to florida because of their unselfish play.....i guess dude didnt realize TWO years ago they were THE most selfish team in the country...way to go dan. the reason we lost this guy is not becasue of billy d, its becuase of billy BEACH...
UK is going to continue to be a middle of the pack NCAA tournament team, if not worse...
BurntTires Wrote:Kentucky shouldnt have let Billy get away.....
Is Billy under contract with Florida? Did he not just extend that contract?
FreakNasty Wrote:UK is going to continue to be a middle of the pack NCAA tournament team, if not worse...
Just becasue they do not win the title does not mean they are "middle of the pack" IMO. They are still in the top 30 in the nation, but I do think Tubby needs to move on and the excitement needs to be brought back. Thinking about UK basketball brings more pain than excitement these days.
FreakNasty Wrote:UK is going to continue to be a middle of the pack NCAA tournament team, if not worse...

that is a completely untrue statement....whats this continue crap? two years ago we were an elite 8 team. now all of the sudden kentucky is a middle of the pack team?? please freak...the SEC continues, and will always run, through lexington....
Kentucky will always be the top program in college basketball for a long time ! Kentucky will stay in the top 25 for the years ahead !
Continue????? They wasn't Top 25 last year..I mean, am I missing something..Go look at the polls..They don't lie!

I agree with you Freak, I don't see UK improving over the next few years. Is it Tubby's style of play or his recruiting methods, both or something else? I seen one top 25 preseason poll and UK wasn't even listed.
corndog23 Wrote:that is a completely untrue statement....whats this continue crap? two years ago we were an elite 8 team. now all of the sudden kentucky is a middle of the pack team?? please freak...the SEC continues, and will always run, through lexington....

The SEC, and the NCAA, continue to run through Gainsville. Last time I checked Florida won the SEC and NCAA titles. Does that not account for something? Smile

I give a rats ass about UK basketball,and as an unbiased observer, there is no denying UK is slowly taking steps backward. Who's going to be a team leader next year? Who's going to be the leading scorer? Who's going to be the "go to guy". They are losing a top 20 draft pick, and a pretty decent shooter in Sparks. The problems they had last year are only going to be ten fold IMO....
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Continue????? They wasn't Top 25 last year..I mean, am I missing something..Go look at the polls..They don't lie!

I said quote "years ahead" not years in the past seasons!
FreakNasty Wrote:The SEC, and the NCAA, continue to run through Gainsville. Last time I checked Florida won the SEC and NCAA titles. Does that not account for something? Smile

Who's going to be a team leader next year? Who's going to be the leading scorer? Who's going to be the "go to guy".

Off the top of my head i'd say Randolph Morris ! He lead the team in scoring once he re-joined UK !
blackcat_student Wrote:Off the top of my head i'd say Randolph Morris ! He lead the team in scoring once he re-joined UK !

He's goign to have to step up his game, and they'll need to find some consistant guard play. It's the most split I have seen a UK fan base that I can remember, it really is. I'm not crazy about Tubby's coaching (again, I coudl careless), but the # of talented kids saying no thanks to UK is alamaring to say the least...
i hate tubby he is horrible he needs to try and get Kentucky back on its feet then leave cuase i used to be a loyal UK fan but after seeing this year and what the future of kentucky is going to be like i changed my favorite college team.
I know this year (OR should I say the next couple of seasons) is going to be a long Nap( Or should I say Coma)..Or should I say nightmare! Hell, I think most would agree with all, lol..
blackcat_student Wrote:Off the top of my head i'd say Randolph Morris ! He lead the team in scoring once he re-joined UK !
I agree, he is going to be tough, but teams are going to double him and make him get rid of the ball, I do not know if UK has the guards to win games against top teams next year but I may be wrong. I optamistically see a NIT birth this season.
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:I know this year (OR should I say the next couple of seasons) is going to be a long Nap( Or should I say Coma)..Or should I say nightmare! Hell, I think most would agree with all, lol..
:thumpsup: Who knows for sure? I am sure they will suprise us one way or the other.
Jodie Meeks and Joe Crawford will be the top two scoring guards !
keep it coming, bring the hate, we need a breath of freash air, like say a john pelphry

i have in the past liked the tubster but that is no more.

he is the grench that stole wildcat basketball, and he kind of looks like the grench
Tubby's gotta go. Don't you have to be smart to run a slow down half court offense? Well, if you can't pass your classes how can you play half court. That is what was great about Pitino. He recruited players that were fast and could run and shoot. Heck they were so fast they didn't have time to fail. One or two years and they were in the NBA! LOL!!
Freak Nasty u sound like the type of fan that thinks if we dont win a national title then its automatically a losing season and thats just stupid..
braves_fan_10 Wrote:Freak Nasty u sound like the type of fan that thinks if we dont win a national title then its automatically a losing season and thats just stupid..

:thatsfunn How many times do I have to say it? I'm not a UK fan? I dont like them.I'm a Gonzaga fan, and I know what heartbreaking losses as a fan is about, but I support them. I'm a disappointed in the way the year ended, you bet, you can win 30 games all you want, but the goal is a championship period. If you dont expect nothing but the best, your going to end up failing and failing bad....

Some people are really really stupid... Rolleyes

By the looks of your user name, looks like your teams are having a bad year all around.... TongueirateSho
FreakNasty Wrote::thatsfunn How many times do I have to say it? I'm not a UK fan? I dont like them.I'm a Gonzaga fan, and I know what heartbreaking losses as a fan is about, but I support them. I'm a disappointed in the way the year ended, you bet, you can win 30 games all you want, but the goal is a championship period. If you dont expect nothing but the best, your going to end up failing and failing bad....

Some people are really really stupid... Rolleyes

By the looks of your user name, looks like your teams are having a bad year all around.... TongueirateSho
A Gonzaga fan? A bandwagon fan I guess. Lets see them lose for a couple years and see where you are a fan next. I am just kidding with ya, but come on, the only reason UK is getting bashed so much is because people love hitting the best when they are down, and this is the case here. Will UK win another Championship, I dunno, but I will be cheering for them even if they lose.
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:A Gonzaga fan? A bandwagon fan I guess. Lets see them lose for a couple years and see where you are a fan next. I am just kidding with ya, but come on, the only reason UK is getting bashed so much is because people love hitting the best when they are down, and this is the case here. Will UK win another Championship, I dunno, but I will be cheering for them even if they lose.

I still remember 99 and losing to UCONN. As good as the Florida ending was that year, that game was gut wrenching. We had the national champs beat, and let it get away in the last four minutes...

UK isn't going to be very good in 60-57 games, they need to get out and run to maximize their potential...
TheBrahmaBull Wrote:A Gonzaga fan? A bandwagon fan I guess. Lets see them lose for a couple years and see where you are a fan next. I am just kidding with ya, but come on, the only reason UK is getting bashed so much is because people love hitting the best when they are down, and this is the case here. Will UK win another Championship, I dunno, but I will be cheering for them even if they lose.
i will hope they win but i would rather see them get a big L with a new coach
even the wins are boring
i think DeMoss would do a better job of getting playersConfusedhh: