Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Cordia 73 Letcher 43 53rd District First Round
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Cordia moves on to the district championship after a huge second half. Trailed by 4 at the half.
Grats Cordia!
Seen this coming
Congrats Cordia. Looks like the whipping Perry put on them last week did them good. Good luck in district final real season starts now.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Apparently Bob Huggins was in attendance for this game
Huggins and Ast. from Villanova was there. Congrats Lions. Got a big game Friday.
Looks like Rod has a monster brewing?
Wonder how that will effect his college choice, i personally would love to see him at wvu
WVU is a good school for any kid and Huggins IMO is a good coach.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Hopefully having Huggins at the game will put wvu in his final choices of schools
^Huggins is a dandy. He bout jumped out of his seat with Owootoah's Brandon jennings pass to chisolm for the lay in. Completely froze the entire gym. Him and Villanova's coach headed straight to the Cordias locker room. Would also love to see him at WVU.
Sounds like Cordia won two battles today.ONE IN THE COURT AND ONE ON THE COURT!!LOL. Oh by the way the Dores rolled 2.
Awesome news. Always been a Huggins fan.

I heard on the radio coming back from the PCC/Hazard game that Cordia out scored the Cougars 54-20 in the 2nd half. Ouch

Congrats Lions! on the win and making it to regional play.
Wow
Final..
Was the game at Letcher Central?
Knott Central
2/19/2013
Cordia 73
Letcher Co. Central 43
Letcher Co. Central 16 7 9 11 43
Cordia 9 10 24 30 73
53rd District at Knott Co. Central
Letcher Co. Central (16-12) -- Gregory 9, Robinson 15, Frazier 3, Kincer 4, Owens 4, Blair 8.
Cordia (18-8) -- Owootoah 10, King 14, Tagaloa 14, Warren 17, Neace 7, Chism 11

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/14/24077...rylink=cpy
Statement game for the Lions!!!
Wow, outcome isn't surprising but the margin definitely is, sounds like Cordia went ballistic in the 2nd half, congrats to the Lions.
I wasn't at the game but heard Cordia kept their starters in until the final horn and was jacking up 3's right up till the end, with the big lead and the winner long since determined.
Just dont see how Letcher could of played this bad. Just dont understand it. Cordia must of went CRAZY!!!!!! Cordia is a dangerous team. I wouldnt want to be playing them first round of the Region.
Just wondering how long has it been since a regional tournament was hosted by a school that was not involved in it? Makes for a true neutral court. Does anyone know? In 14th region.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
If Im not mistaken the last time LCC hosted the region they were not in it then. Cordia played a good second half and LCC just never got going in the second half. It seems like once Cordia's players gets a lead they really play confident and aggressive and it works for them. As far as Rhodes leaving his starters in LCC was beating Cordia by bout 40 a couple of years ago and never let up the full court press. I guess what comes around goes around!!
Meltdown in the second half...

Let's go Lions
Congrats Lions
termite Wrote:If Im not mistaken the last time LCC hosted the region they were not in it then. Cordia played a good second half and LCC just never got going in the second half. It seems like once Cordia's players gets a lead they really play confident and aggressive and it works for them. As far as Rhodes leaving his starters in LCC was beating Cordia by bout 40 a couple of years ago and never let up the full court press. I guess what comes around goes around!!
Thanks for the reply. You don't happen to know what year that was do you? Just wondering.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
Didn't get a chance to go but enjoyed listening to the game...well the 2nd half anyway. They got there offense rolling in 2nd, can't wait for the district championship game!
Brother Cecil that was last year at Letcher. Cordia cleared the bench and Hammonds left his starters in and was still pressing. Think it was more like 70 than 40!! You can check on KHSAA Scoreboard.
The final score was 81-32 according to KHSAA scoreboard with Letcher on top last year. This Cordia team is for real and very impressive. Not the same team that played PCC last week .They struggled shooting against PCC and I'll give the Commodore's defense some props for that. They controlled the tempo in the second half and their transition offense was very good. Letcher ran into a buzz saw last night. Cordia still hasn't proven they can beat PCC or Knott. They will get their chance Friday against KCC Should be a good one.
Pages: 1 2