Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley vs. East Ridge Updates
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
East Ridge leads 22-8 after the 1st quarter.
East Ridge leads 32-22 at the half...
East Ridge leads 53-42 after the 3rd...
Let's go Valley!
East Ridge leads 63-56 with 3:31 to play.
East Ridge pulls away late for the win... Congrats.
No surprise. Congrats Ridge.
No surprise here... this group actually declined as the season went on... if it is possible to do it. This is not a knock on the boys and young men playing on the team, this is simply an observation of the coaching staff for three years now.... the "post state-champs" group of talent that was suppose maintain the stronghold on the 15th region has not developed since their first few games playing varsity basketball for Shelby Valley.... You can say that they have been competitive for the past two years. But to see the amount of talent coming through Valley, plateau all the while not producing positive results has to fall on the staff's lack of ability to develop average-high end caliber students. I was very excited about the hire of coach Newsome as coach Booher moved on in his career. Going through school and watching the successes first hand, I though that coach Newsome was the perfect fit. And after two years (not including the first year after the championship), I can not believe that I am now in complete support of a new hire and heading in a new direction. I think that coach Newsome is a good man, a good coach, but his lack of improvement from one year to the next has built my case for a new coach to be with Valley next year.... I thought I would never have to say that but for my beloved wildcats, I believe it might be do or die time to look for that next fit.