Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ruling by judge on Cordia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just in Owootoah and king ruled eligible
tommy2 Wrote:Just in Owootoah and king ruled eligible

Now lets play ball
I thought they already were?
They were eligible by an injunction. KHSAA filed a motion to have the injunction overturned. Hearing was Monday. Ruling came this afternoon. Many fingers in this pie to get the boys over ruled. It's been a rough day for the Lions fans waiting for this ruling. Now they can focus on the game tonite.
Lebron is currently waiting for his ruling to play there next year.
That's great! Rhodes messed up UK and now he's messing up high school basketball. They have no chance of going to Rupp, he has caused major problems for the Khsaa. They now have no way to control recruiting.
This transfer crap never ceases to amaze me.
mad dog Wrote:That's great! Rhodes messed up UK and now he's messing up high school basketball. They have no chance of going to Rupp, he has caused major problems for the Khsaa. They now have no way to control recruiting.

Its not just Rhodes. Its all of high school basketball.
I don't remember anyone in any sport ever bringing in 12 recruites in one season.
I won't sling mud by naming names, but if several other schools in this area had Rhodes' contacts, they would be doing the exact same thing. All he has done is one upped all the other teams that bring players in on a yearly basis.
mad dog Wrote:That's great! Rhodes messed up UK and now he's messing up high school basketball. They have no chance of going to Rupp, he has caused major problems for the Khsaa. They now have no way to control recruiting.

First off, how is Rhodes messing up High School Bball? Secondly, how has "he caused major problems for the KHSAA"? And finally, how do 'they' "now have no way to control recruiting?" You do realize that the KHSAA has NEVER, ever been able to control that don't you..? Nor do they even want to?

mad dog Wrote:I don't remember anyone in any sport ever bringing in 12 recruites in one season.

Who has brought 12 recruits (transfers) into the area this season? Who...??
KHSAA has never controlled recruiting or may we say they have been selective in who they allow to be eligible. All this noise about Cordia, when everyone knows why Johnson moved to Perry County. A direct violation to the rule. If we are going to stop recruiting whether it is at Cordia, Trinity, Scott Co., Southwest Pulaski, Perry Central, Hazard, Ballard etc it must be 36 weeks or make it an open door policy.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:KHSAA has never controlled recruiting or may we say they have been selective in who they allow to be eligible. All this noise about Cordia, when everyone knows why Johnson moved to Perry County. A direct violation to the rule. If we are going to stop recruiting whether it is at Cordia, Trinity, Scott Co., Southwest Pulaski, Perry Central, Hazard, Ballard etc it must be 36 weeks or make it an open door policy.

Exactly!!!
The only thing that the era of recruiting in Kentucky has proven is the KHSAA needs to reform.
People that are rejoicing in this news make me laugh when I see what school they root for.

The KHSAA has been ran to almost the level of mediocrity that the NCAA has. After all of this Miami news that has been leaking as of late, writers are saying that firing NCAA President Mark Emmertt will not solve the problem. I agree and I believe the same goes for the KHSAA. It's going to take a lot of "cleaning up" to get Kentucky High School basketball "right".

Like others have said above, it's not just Kentucky, it's all of high school basketball. The system is just about too corrupt to fix.
I said this in another thread but, ALL transfers seem to wind up elgible, eventually. How fast depends on who the coach is, what school is involved, and to what extent injunctions, threats of lawsuits, etc. the KHSAA has to endure. No doubt it's a corrupt system in which all schools are not treated equally, imo.

Not to excuse Rhodse and Cordia, but they are FAR from the
first to use the courts to thwart the KHSAA. It's basically
standard procedure for anyone who has a transfer ruled ineligible.
Find a tame local judge to issue and injunction. judges
SHOULD be ashamed for injecting themselves in to something
where they have no business. Participation in KHSAA athletics
is optional, and schools know the rules. If they don't want to
play under them, don't join and participaet against prep schools
or something. Of course it's ever been thus in Ky and isn't going
to change.
Vundy,

You have zero credibility on this board. You have said multiple times that you know Ray Kasongo and that he stop his contact with Brandon Bender. You have been wrong multiple times.

Ray Kasongo's high school career represents everything wrong with Kentucky high school basketball, primarily in the mountains. Please dont tell me that the powerhouse schools in Louisville or Lexington pull this type of crap. Public schools like Ballard and Jeffersontown dont pull these stunts. Even parochial schools like Trinity only give partial financial aid, there isn't any of this year-by-year transferring that has taken over Eastern KY. Its a travesty. It seems like everybody in the mountains just wants to turn a blind eye since apparently its so easy to do. Lets be serious. I understand you want your team be to be good since its means a lot to your community. But it seems a little fishy that all these foreign transfers all associated with the same "accused handlers/runners" are coming to isolated communities in Eastern KY to play basketball.
OutsideLookingIn Wrote:KHSAA has never controlled recruiting or may we say they have been selective in who they allow to be eligible. All this noise about Cordia, when everyone knows why Johnson moved to Perry County. A direct violation to the rule. If we are going to stop recruiting whether it is at Cordia, Trinity, Scott Co., Southwest Pulaski, Perry Central, Hazard, Ballard etc it must be 36 weeks or make it an open door policy.

I agree. I would suggest 36 weeks or 26 weeks (half a year). No exceptions. period. Either that or open it up, go wherever you want and become eligible. Picking and choosing who is eligible and who is not is bogus. Why are some foreign exchange students eligible and others not?
masiello Wrote:Vundy,

You have zero credibility on this board. You have said multiple times that you know Ray Kasongo and that he stop his contact with Brandon Bender. You have been wrong multiple times.

Ray Kasongo's high school career represents everything wrong with Kentucky high school basketball, primarily in the mountains. Please dont tell me that the powerhouse schools in Louisville or Lexington pull this type of crap. Public schools like Ballard and Jeffersontown dont pull these stunts. Even parochial schools like Trinity only give partial financial aid, there isn't any of this year-by-year transferring that has taken over Eastern KY. Its a travesty. It seems like everybody in the mountains just wants to turn a blind eye since apparently its so easy to do. Lets be serious. I understand you want your team be to be good since its means a lot to your community. But it seems a little fishy that all these foreign transfers all associated with the same "accused handlers/runners" are coming to isolated communities in Eastern KY to play basketball.

If these schools are regularly getting these kids to transfer maybe they aren't as isolated as you think. This has been going all over for many years. As long as the KHSAA rules are so ambiguous it will continue. The only thing the KHSAA worries about are big salaries for some of their executives and running the sweet sixteen which is their cash cow that runs the whole operation. If they were serious they would put down rules in black and white and take a more direct hand in running the regionals which frequently are controversial.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
Must not be any truth to this yet.

Coach Rhodes confirmed that Kentucky will be watching Cordia play Friday.
masiello Wrote:Vundy,

Zero credibility huh? Ohhhh yeah, I'm sure you're right.

You can say whatever ya want man, doesn't bother me because unlike you, I know the truth and actually know what I'm talking about.

Ray is a good friend...I've not been proven wrong at all actually. I don't make his decisions for him ya know. He does what he chooses to do ultimately. He's a kid, it's what they do.

And please, just cry some more for us. :'(. Kids transfer constantly, we all know that. No rules are being broken, and these boys are trying to earn a scholarship and degree. We may not agree with it, but until a student gets caught breaking any rules, this is just the way it is.
Since this is a court ruling does it mean KHSAA can still rule ineligible?
I agree with the 36 week policy of sitting out no matter what.
They never have
Brother Cecil Wrote:If these schools are regularly getting these kids to transfer maybe they aren't as isolated as you think. This has been going all over for many years. As long as the KHSAA rules are so ambiguous it will continue. The only thing the KHSAA worries about are big salaries for some of their executives and running the sweet sixteen which is their cash cow that runs the whole operation. If they were serious they would put down rules in black and white and take a more direct hand in running the regionals which frequently are controversial.

The truth will stand when all else falls.

Brother Cecil.
Obviously you see that peace will not be among us.
By the way, it wasn't a local court that ruled the Cordia players eligible. With Knott Co politics and the local Letcher/Knott connections- ain't goin happen. Some wise person who knew politics put in the rules that you can file in your home county or Franklin Circuit Court. They filed in Franklin Co. Rant all you want to about the corrupt KHSAA; always has been and will be. To the Cordia players from Canada, basketball is their way out of a difficult environment and their skills can help pay for a college education. Would you deny a kid that opportunity? No way in h--- that could have happened in Canada. Glad Cordia and folks made it happen for them.
I have said it many times. 36 weeks no exceptions.
Wildcatk23 Wrote:Lebron is currently waiting for his ruling to play there next year.
May not be King James but they have got A 6'8 240 power forward on the way. And he isn't from Canada, his whole family is coming looking to buy A house.
commodorecreeker Wrote:May not be King James but they have got A 6'8 240 power forward on the way. And he isn't from Canada, his whole family is coming looking to buy A house.

Who's buying the house Sad)
Seems like aau at its best. Who u know or who u can fool
Pages: 1 2