Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Local Pikeville Legend Passes Today, Mayfield Pennington
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Mayfield was unfortunately killed today in a car accident near Betsy Layne. It is a huge blow to the Pikeville community. He was a great man and truly care about the community and its youth. In a world where it is hard to even trust friends, Mayfield trusted everyone. He would give out keys to his boxing gym for the youth to work out or if they just needed a place to go and he wasn't there. He was influencial in many young lives in this city and will be greatly missed. I am sure some other members have some great stories about Mayfield, I know a few of my good friends would train with him for baseball season every day after school and I tagged along a few times. He made you feel like family from day one. Pikeville will miss seeing Mayfield out walking or running in his garbage bag suits to "make weight". It just hurts to see such a positive role model, taken away too soon. RIP Mayfield.

http://www.mayfieldsboxing.com/index.php?n=1&id=1

[Image: 152cge9.jpg]
Mayfield and Muhammad Ali
Sad to hear. Prayers are with the family.
Such a great man I was honored to have talked to him a few times.
A very strong Christian man. He is in a much better place now. He was a role model for the community and will be greatly missed.

May God be with his family in their time of grief. We lost one of the good ones yesterday.
Maybe one of the only positive people that did anything for Pikeville. He will truly be missed.
Never met the man in my life, nor have I stepped foot in that gym. But if I won a million dollars today, I'd donate it to that gym and make sure they have everything they need. Please tell me this thing is still running!