Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fleming County, Lewis County Controversy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently attended the EKU/Morehead basketball game and was talking to a gentlemen siting next to me about high school basketball. He was telling me about Fleming County, Lewis County game on February 5. He said that Fleming County was up 3 as time expired in regulation, and both teams were shaking hands and was heading into the locker rooms. Officials had to go into Lewis County locker room to get a free throw shooter. Lewis County hit 3 of the 4 and sent the game that was over into overtime. Fleming held on to win in overtime but has anyone every heard of anything this crazy.
An assistant coach for Flening went nuts on the officials while the teams were shaking hands. Since the teams had not left the floor the technicals were assessed.

I've never seen it happen but it's the same principle as being T'd up before the game starts. If you are on the court either before or after the buzzer you are still held accountable.
Never heard of being punished after a game has finished. If the assistant had an incident with the officials after the game he should have been ejected for the next three games but in no way should that have affected a game that was finished.
The game is not officially over until the officials have left the visual confines of the court. This covers if there is a book error also. Most officials tell the official book to stand up if you have a problem once the horn sounds. They look at the table, if the bookkeeper is still setting they leave the floor! The two techs were shot because it would have effected the outcome. if LC was down more then four the game is over. As a couch you have to have control over your emotions while on the court. You are a role model and need to act that way! You won, go on your way! Lewis shot the FTS, got the ball to start the OT as for the other part of the T's and Fleming gets the possession arrow! Crazy ending for sure, but correct by the rule book!
Teams had not left the floor. Officially the game was not over. It would have served them right if Ruckle would have made all four free throws and beat them instead ofhitting3 of 4 and tying it up.

I like the call. People's behavior at games is appalling anymore.
The teams on the floor has no effect of when the game is over. Once the officials left the visual confines it is over. It is a little thing, but the reason it is not the teams is in case of trophy presentations, ect. But still you have to been in control of your emotions at all times as a coach! Even if the T's would not have effected the outcome and were not shot you still hurt your team and embarrassed your school!
Ok let's word it correctly.the officials had not left the floor. Lol
Sounds like one crazy game.