Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan County 56 Rowan County 53
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Good win for Morgan Co! especially on Senior Night!!!
Rowan had the flu!!!:Sad04:
^^^ Whats up with the flu???
Do-double-gg Wrote:Rowan had the flu!!!:Sad04:

*now hoping Lawrence gets beat first round of district play by Magoffin*
Thats fine, I hope Elliott beats Morgan. Has Morgan been beat this year or have they given away every game that is in their loss column?
Losing 6 games by a combined 21 points and never losing a game by more than 6 shows that they haven't lost a game they couldn't win. Lawrence, on they other hand, with 10 losses for a combined 80 points and lost one game by 24 strikes me as that they haven't been in games the way Morgan has. Lawrence is a young team, and they will be good for at least 3 more years barring any departures, and I can admit that. But just because everyone else "had the flu" when they played Lawrence doesn't mean anyone needs to come on a thread and say that team A had the flu when they played deeper in their bench than team B did. That's what I don't get about people on this site, when someone even remotely mentions a disadvantage they had in a game they get reminded until the season is over. The few times Morgan County fans posted that their team was stricken with the flu, it was a legitimate observation, not an excuse.
Relax, it is an inside joke that started during a Christmas tourney. Ashland lost as well as Russell and they started using that excuse. Everyone has just ran with it since then. The reason u guys got hammered on is the statement that nobody has beat Morgan, Morgan has beat themselves. You have your numbers right. We have lost 10 games but we started 1-7. We are now 18-10. How are you in your last 19?
We have played with the flu as well. You guys have a very nice team and Whitt is the heart and soul of your team. I want to congratulate him on his accomplishments.
Is Rowan and Morgan Co. both in the 16th region? If so who is the top 3 teams in that region?
Rowan and Morgan are both in the 16th region and used to be in the same District until few years back.... I was at this game and I have to say it got "very ugly" with mouthing and fouling especially at the end and after the game when one of Rowan Co players was taunting and trying to fight one of Morgans players...and then some of the parents became very rude during the game and afterwards were heard saying stuff to the other parents and players.. come on guys, be adults...it is a game... focus on what accomplishment your child has had!!
dozerdawg... I will completely agree with you... Jordan Whitt is definitely the heart and soul of this team.. not to slight other players, but you can just see it in his actions and in his eyes. He is a True Warrior.. whether it is on the court or on the gridiron.. he will definitely be missed next year.
I will say this to blue rainbow...the Rowan County player was responding to trash talking from Morgan County players! Thats a fact! Sure, he can get emotional, but he was shaking hands...they started it! Not sure what adults you were talking about, but It wasn't Rowan parents!
It was a Morgan County bench player that flashed the "W" sign during the hand shake that was doring the taunting.

But I guess Blue Rainbow couldn't see that as well as the BIAS foul calling either in the 4th quarter.

Or Blue Rainbow, did you see the student that was pacing back and forth on the side line yelling and cussing at Rowan County players?

Or Blue Rainbow, did you see the student in front of the student section berating the ref and askiing him if he needed his glasses?

I'm just asking.

The game was a hard fought game, so emotions were going to run high.

I guess it proves that everyone sees things from a different point of view.

:Clap:
Lizzard your something else, that kid was playing a joke because it was Coach Matthew Perry theme night, student sections are there to have fun, I was at the game and I know the young man in front of the student section didn't cuz at Rowan's players, but it doesn't surprise me you would bash Morgan, you do in about every post I see on here...
JohnnyB2 Wrote:Lizzard your something else, that kid was playing a joke because it was Coach Matthew Perry theme night, student sections are there to have fun, I was at the game and I know the young man in front of the student section didn't cuz at Rowan's players, but it doesn't surprise me you would bash Morgan, you do in about every post I see on here...

If stating facts is bashing then so be it.

Fact 1: Rowan Co player did not start anything.
Fact 2: The student mentioned that was pacing, was not the kid dressed up as Mathew Perry.
Fact 3: No student, fan, or parent should be on the side line next to an official at anytime.
Fact 4: 2 exchange students. aka humanitarian cases, 2 talent basketball players. Sounds like selective exchange program, aka recruiting.

Don't let emotions overwhelm the facts JohnnyB2.
The only person that paced any was the young man dressed up like coach Perry, I didn't say anything about the Rowan player starting anything, I'm positive that's was not mentioned in my previous post, and yes since Fact 3: is enforced in every gym every where across the state lol, and as far as the exchange students go, you've heard the truth, believe what you want but I won't argue with you over that one Lizzy
JohnnyB2 is absolutely correct. Every student was in the bleachers, except the one dressed as Coach Perry. And that student never once cursed towards a player or an official.

Lizzard you must have exceptional hearing to pick one students voice out of the rest of the student section. Even though he never raised his voice all night. Impressive.
goldenbucs Wrote:I will say this to blue rainbow...the Rowan County player was responding to trash talking from Morgan County players! Thats a fact! Sure, he can get emotional, but he was shaking hands...they started it! Not sure what adults you were talking about, but It wasn't Rowan parents!

Goldenbucs... this Rowan County player was pushed (by a Rowan County coach)and told to go to the locker room after the game. I don't deny there was trash talking going on.. it went on the entire game from both sides... I realize emotions were high during this game.. I guess I just expect the adults to act a little more mature. And it was Rowan County Fans/parents being rude because they were heard loud and clear!!
Lizzard Wrote:It was a Morgan County bench player that flashed the "W" sign during the hand shake that was doring the taunting.

But I guess Blue Rainbow couldn't see that as well as the BIAS foul calling either in the 4th quarter.

Or Blue Rainbow, did you see the student that was pacing back and forth on the side line yelling and cussing at Rowan County players?

Or Blue Rainbow, did you see the student in front of the student section berating the ref and askiing him if he needed his glasses?

I'm just asking.

The game was a hard fought game, so emotions were going to run high.

I guess it proves that everyone sees things from a different point of view.

:Clap:

Lizzard...I did not see any bias calling... I thought it was all sort of bad on both sides... very inconsistent..

Lizzard...There was NO student cursing Rowans players... pacing back and forth.. yes

Lizzard....the student in the student section was dressed up for "Matthew Perry" night and he was mocking the way Coach Perry takes his glasses off and says things.. when he is trying to make a point... it amazes me how you could hear this student above everyone to know exactly what he was saying... and besides that.. if student sections/fans taunt a referee, some will give warnings to the coach, while others will just call a technical on the bench... I have seen it both ways... and believe me, one of those refs would have said something about it.
You really need to be sure that you know what you are talking about before you post it..