Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry 71 Sheldon Clark 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Messer leads with 25 points and 15 boards.
Almost seems like SC spent all their energy beating JC. Couldn't hit tonight, but could not defend Belfry which I thought would be automatic with Frankie on the sideline. Big difference to me after watching the SCHS game was that Rice's physicality on Hall played a big role, but when he played the bigger/more physical Messer it resulted in him fouling out. SCHS fans complained with refs but I thought all in all it was one of the better called Dale Conn games I've seen in a while going both ways. Finally a showing of heart and pride from our Pirates after getting SMACKED by a team we already beat on Thursday.

Messer was honored before the game for scoring his 1000th point, congrats to him.

On top of the usuals of Charles, Robinson, Messer, the Pirates get some very solid production from senior Nick West. 10 or so points, a few big boards, drew a charge and played solid basketball. Belfry has to build on this win.
Big win for the pirates
Good win for the Pirates...
Nice win Pirates.

When you only play 5 & 6 kids all year long. That car is going to start running out of gas sooner or later.
OffTheHook Wrote:Nice win Pirates.

When you only play 5 & 6 kids all year long. That car is going to start running out of gas sooner or later.

Lol! Is Paintsville 10 deep?

Nice win for the Pirates!
OffTheHook Wrote:Nice win Pirates.

Belfry played 8 in this game, two freshman that haven't played much all year and mainly the starting five plus one. You aren't lying though SCHS only subbed for Rice when he had 3 in the first half.
Big Don Wrote:Lol! Is Paintsville 10 deep?

Nice win for the Pirates!

Actually we play nine players every game. 10 before Ratliff transfered.

Why even ask that question?

What I said is true. I have seen SC play only five players before.
Belfry0304 Wrote:Belfry played 8 in this game, two freshman that haven't played much all year and mainly the starting five plus one. You aren't lying though SCHS only subbed for Rice when he had 3 in the first half.

Thank You....:Thumbs:

Plus this was SC's 4th game in 6 days. Tell me that don't take a toll on ya.
OffTheHook Wrote:Thank You....:Thumbs:

Easy Ace! The SC car was far from running on fumes. They hacked Messer all night before he even got the ball and still had no answer.

This had nothing to do with being tired!
Big Don Wrote:Easy Ace! The SC car was far from running on fumes. They hacked Messer all night before he even got the ball and still had no answer.

This had nothing to do with being tired!

I never said that's why they lost. Belfry earned the win by being better.

BUT, This is their 3rd loss in a row late in the season. You can't tell me that they aren't some what gassed though.
wow, good win Belfry,seems like there up and down,maybe they stay up after this win, and get on a roll...
OffTheHook Wrote:Thank You....:Thumbs:

It was Belfry's 3rd in 5 lol, but really the difference was SC played with no desire to win it with the exception of Parsley.