Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lee county JV 2013 District Champs!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just want to give a shout out to the Lee county Bocats Junior Varsity boys basketball team as they defeated Estill and Powell to take the district championship tonight! I know JV don't always get alot of love but these kids work their tails off and I'm glad to see their work pay off! Lee has a very solid Junior class. I'm excited to see these kids play more in the future. Great job Bobcats!
I didn't even know JV had a district tournament always thought it was Varsity and Freshmen
Just a sign of great things to come for the basketball team!! CONGRATS BOBCATS!!
S.K. This is the first time in several years they have had this.
I didn't know juniors played jv.
PapaPoof Wrote:I didn't know juniors played jv.

They do in 16th region too.
How many Sr. did Lee Co play on there jv team tonight? They have played 3 all season just wonder if they used them tonight?
lol, dude really?
Lee played NO Seniors on J.V. Tonight.
Great win for Lee County.
It has helped the juniors at Lee to play JV this year. It also helped some of the Owls get some confidence when they struggled playing varsity to stepdown and play a few jv games. It should help Lee next year, however, they still be the weakest team in the district.
I really enjoy that they are something some love to the JV teams! By letting them play a district tournament. It gives the boys seating on the Varsity bench something to play for!!!

Congrats to the Lee Co. JV team! Best Of Luck Next Year In Varsity Play!!!!
lee countys jv has never played any seniors. only juniors, sophomores and some freshman. JV stands for "junior" Varsity. so yeah juniors are allowed to play... papapoof.
I dont understand how there going to be the Weakest 8th street...? Obviously There is alot of hope the way they looked last night.
Congrats to Lee Co. Coach Wright does a good job over there. Always has them playing hard.
Owsley Juniors: Joey Grove, Noah Shelby, Bradon Mason, Cody Hall, Bill Hall, Adam Holmes all play varsity so they should be better than Lee next year. Estill is loaded with juniors who play varsity and has a stud out with a bad knee. Powell's junior class is stronger than Lee's. Again I think Lee County's juniors have improved playing jv - yet jv is a long way away from winning varsity basketball cames. Lee County has a strong senior class this year. Owsley and Estill will have the strongest senior classes next year.
In the 54th district juniors don't play j.v. It's sad that the likes of hazard and perry central don't play juniors and they're still the best two j.v. Teams in the region. Hazard was 22-1 this year and won the 54th district and region and perry central was 19-1 and got runner-up. In other words it is no big accomplishment to win any district with juniors. And that does not mean the same thing as junior varsity.