Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Most Improved player.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The most improved player that I have seen just from last season to summer ball is Lyle Johnson from South Floyd, I've watched a few of his games this summer and he played awsome. I dont understand how so much talent could be hidden for these past years. He had 38 points in Georgetown agianst a good team this kid can really play ball and i dont understand why he hardly got any playing time last season.
What was the good teams name?
Menifee Co.
I think I know why after watching jv games the past three years. the gaurds that played in front of him where all better, mason, ryan j the last two and as a freshmen I think it was jack slone and adam tackett. plus now that Lyle knows he is going to be plying he is trying. Plus i think he has changed his bad attitude and is playing the way he can.
I agree Lyle has much improved and is a good scorer. If he just keeps a positive additude and good things will come.
If South Floyd would change their redneck bad attitudes, their whole line-up would be MOST IMPROVED..but I see another Head Busting attitude from SOuth Floyd this year.
Haven't heard of him but it sounds like Lyle could be good. I do however find it hard to believe that he scored 38 points in one game at G-town. They have running clock and that would be quite a feat because most games only have around 40+ total points scored. I agree that if SF would just play basketball they would be much better off.

As for the question of most improved, here are a few from the PC Camp this week: Case (Belfry), Adams (Pikeville), Grim and Puckett(Jenkins).
bball fan Wrote:I do however find it hard to believe that he scored 38 points in one game at G-town. They have running clock and that would be quite a feat because most games only have around 40+ total points scored.As for the.
Believe it or not its a fact he hit 11 threes this game
Homer Simpson Wrote:Believe it or not its a fact he hit 11 threes this game

What was the teams total points scored?
I'm not sure, but I will try to find out.
i agree lyle has improved greatly.....i've seen him play at the park and in some the games he will be a big contributor to the raiders scoring this year
I would say the most improved player is either Jesse Meek hands down. This kid is none stop hustle and will bust his but just to get a steal!
meganwillis10 Wrote:I think I know why after watching jv games the past three years. the gaurds that played in front of him where all better, mason, ryan j the last two and as a freshmen I think it was jack slone and adam tackett. plus now that Lyle knows he is going to be plying he is trying. Plus i think he has changed his bad attitude and is playing the way he can.

Oh please lets not start this bad attitude bull**** again. Anyone that knows Lyle, knows this kid does not have a bad attitude. Grant you last year SF had two with bad attitudes, they are gone now so dont tag these boys with that again this year. Can anyone name a team that did not have not 1 kid with a bad attitude???? just 1!!!!! From what I hear Coach Hall & Marson are ready to bag the next one that trys the bad attitude game regardless of how good they are :Thumbs:
meganwillis10 Wrote:I think I know why after watching jv games the past three years. the gaurds that played in front of him where all better, mason, ryan j the last two and as a freshmen I think it was jack slone and adam tackett. plus now that Lyle knows he is going to be plying he is trying. Plus i think he has changed his bad attitude and is playing the way he can.

Sorry missed a comment.............try Adam Slone or Jodie Tackett.......get the names right.......btw Jodie Tackett only played a few games on jv not even sure he got into a varisty game then went to another school and never played there either.
i think jody will be playing for p-burg this year im not for sure.......
nascarr99, please get a clue! if you can read that says when lyle was a freshmen he was behind jack slone and adam tackett (adam slone and jody tackett where never mention and where both behind lyle last season GET A CLUE AND KNOW YOUR INFO BEFORE STARTING SOMETHING). Trist me Lyle knows what he has to clean up for his playing time to increase and it does start with attitude if you do not watch practice and watch jv games and watch things that go on around the community then do not act like you know what you are talking about. Lyle has to become a leader and from what i hear he has and that is a great step forward and what coach hall and coach marson is asking him to do.
cantbestopped23---Jody will not be playing at pburg this season because of transfering back, he will not be able to play until late jan. unless he plays at south floyd.
ohh i didnt know someone told me he was goin to be playing for p-burg this yr...i don't think he will play for sf cuz a source told me he didn't like playing for them
Jonathan Ferguson from Elliott scored 39, 31, 30, 31 in four of the ten games he played in at georgetown this week, and even with a running clock one of their games went into the 90's and a couple in the 70's lowest one was 47. So its very possible to score in the 30's.
trust me my clues and knowledge of the things around the school and community are more than you know, and even tho Lyle can be a good player, i dont think you can compare him to Adam Tackett & Jack Slone those boys did great while at SF.
I do agree i was confussed with the names but i was sidetracked with the "attitude" comments
if everyone dont stop bragging on lyle so much his head will get so big he wont be able to fit in a gym but he has inproved alot not much he has some more work todo
i agree wild bill
Homer Simpson Wrote:Believe it or not its a fact he hit 11 threes this game

Scrimmages don't mean anything. Lyle can play, but he needs to perform like this during the season. He's a senior now and needs to stop playing timid and step up and act like one.
It is hard to tell from the summer league games how someone will do during the regular season. The refs in the summer games dont call games as close as they will during the regular season. Players cant foul out. There are to many factors that are not figured into the game for summer league.
i think that lyle will have to step up and play a huge role for south floyd this year so far this summer he has done more than what i expected him to do.....
Summer ball is good for two things........Improvement and hype.
Lyle has improved so he's getting some hype. There is a tremendous amount of work to be done at South Floyd in terms of getting the magic back. Lyle will not be walking on water any time soon. The focus of the players at South Floyd should be real simple and that's to get back the respect that it lost last yr. It will take a whole effort from more than Lyle to do it.
I agree tuthumber
I agree tubhumber
tubthumper Wrote:Summer ball is good for two things........Improvement and hype.
Lyle has improved so he's getting some hype. There is a tremendous amount of work to be done at South Floyd in terms of getting the magic back. Lyle will not be walking on water any time soon. The focus of the players at South Floyd should be real simple and that's to get back the respect that it lost last yr. It will take a whole effort from more than Lyle to do it.

What was South Floyds record this year in the 15th summer camp?
I think Trevor Patton will be the most improved player ! Going to camps out of state and playing football to get stronger and tougher !
Nascar99 Wrote:Oh please lets not start this bad attitude bull**** again. Anyone that knows Lyle, knows this kid does not have a bad attitude. Grant you last year SF had two with bad attitudes, they are gone now so dont tag these boys with that again this year. Can anyone name a team that did not have not 1 kid with a bad attitude???? just 1!!!!! From what I hear Coach Hall & Marson are ready to bag the next one that trys the bad attitude game regardless of how good they are :Thumbs:
i know lyle pretty good and yes he does have a bad attitude but so far this summer i think he has not only improved on his skills but his attitude as well,i think that lyle will suprise a few if he keeps his head straight and plays ball..........if not another ryan johnson will surface for the raiders
Pages: 1 2