Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pre-Season Softball Rankings & Top Players (2/6/13)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Ranking by Region

http://www.kyhighschoolsoftball.com/kypr...am2013.pdf

14th Region
1. Estill County
2. Perry County Central
3. Jenkins
4. Letcher County Central
5. Powell County
6. Breathitt County
7. Leslie County
8. Jackson City
9. Lee County
10. Hazard

14th Region Top Players
1. Rachael Robinson (Estill County)
2. Kim Barnett (Breathitt County)
3. Grace Bio (Jackson City)
4. Melissa Bartley (Jenkins)
5. Paige Shepherd (Leslie County)
6. Emily Thatcher (Breathitt County)
7. Krana Puckett (Estill County)
8. Pam Senastain (Perry County Central)
9. Marissa Davidson (Leslie County)
10. MacKenzie Angel (Estill County)

http://www.kyhighschoolsoftball.com/topp...on2013.pdf
I wish Estill and Breathitt would get something going, not sure why they don't.
hmmmmmmmmmm interesting..... No Powell kids or Letcher Central kids.....
outsidein Wrote:hmmmmmmmmmm interesting..... No Powell kids or Letcher Central kids.....

I agree 4 and 5 no top players. Odd
Yep , I don't know how these girls were picked and I'm sure they are very good players but no lcc and no Powell kids is odd . The little player picked On the Jenkins squad is a 8th or 9th grader not sure but is not there best player . They have a shortstop the Boggs kid that is probly there best all around player . Pcc is not showing the back kid that's a big surprise , again I don't know the criteria these kids are picked on but the lack of players listed on certain teams and the lack of teams represented by a player some please fill me in if I'm missing something.
I don't like the players rankings. Gross from Estill should have been on there and some other players from the 14th should have been on there.
This guy is nuts and has no clue about 14th region softball! He don't have one of the year in and out powerhouses in power co kids on his list and in my opinion one of the best teams in it this year in LCC kids on his list? He is not a person I would trust in making these lists and the KSCA is looking like a laughing stock. Also PCC pitcher was 2nd team all-state and not on his list? This dude should lose his credibility! If he has no more respect than just name the 1st 10 players that come to mind? Not taking anything from the girls on the list, BUT(that's a big but):ChairHit:
Guys I have to agree.... LOL KY Prep Softball is a joke anyways.... I'm not sure how they came up with this list and I'm talking about all the regions not just this one.....If the coaches voted on this hmmmmmmmm???? I don't know.... Some of the other regions are messed up too..... Again nothing meant towards the girls on the list but there are better ball players in the region than what's there. Sorry but fact is fact..... Again this isn't the only region that is messed up so don't feel bad.... I know several girls in the 1st 3rd 6th 7th 8th 10th and 11th anddddddd 16th that should and shouldn't be on the list... McAlister does Ky prep and deals with East/west and if you know anything about the east/west than you can understand......
You need to get your high school softball coaches to join the association. This way your student-athletes will at least have a voice in the process. If your school is a member then the coach needs to let other coaches know their opinions. It's tough when kids get left off that should be on the list, but to make it better we need every school in the state to join the association so that a better judgement may be made.
Greyhound Wrote:You need to get your high school softball coaches to join the association. This way your student-athletes will at least have a voice in the process. If your school is a member then the coach needs to let other coaches know their opinions. It's tough when kids get left off that should be on the list, but to make it better we need every school in the state to join the association so that a better judgement may be made.

How do u know if there in the association? Any idea if letcher central is in it if not it sounds like they should be. And thanks for the info
bball it's under kyhighschoolsoftball.com ..... or go through khsaa.org and go to softball then to general info and it's under umpires and associates....I'm not a fan of the way they do things concerning rating players.... One of the best players in the state at Oldham County last year didn't get the recognition she deserved because the coach was more involved with his daughter on the team and than the 2a player of the year last year was a coaches kid and you can not sit here tell me she was better than JJ Francis, Jordan Mcnary and about 20 other players that I know of in 2a....I just don't agree with the process.. I feel there are better ways it could be done. Take the coaches out of it to many personal conflicts that take place.... JMO
bball dad Wrote:How do u know if there in the association? Any idea if letcher central is in it if not it sounds like they should be. And thanks for the info

http://www.kyhighschoolsoftball.com/ once you click on the link on the left (KY High School Softball) their will be a link on the top right corner that will have the NEW symbol flashing in yellow that says KY Prep Softball, click on that and you will see couple links in their that gives you the rankings. If you need any more help feel free to ask me.
Just like to comment on the players selected for the 14th region top 10. Whomever did the voting selected one young lady from Estill who has never played but 1 or 2 times in a Varsity game. They left the player out of the top 10 who in my thinking is the reason for Estill success in the last couple years. Their starting pitcher, I believe her last name is Gross, where is she in the top 10. If Estill County is picked again to win the 14th region they will not do it unless she is pitching. Wow I wonder who picks these teams and players, coach's perhaps who never attend but 1 or 2 games a season and that is when they play each other...BEATS ME!!!!!!
Lol lol
you have to forgive me but i'm not familiar with the 14th but there was a kid we played against at a ASA tournament in bowling green that pitched against us (Lou Sluggers) and shut us down. They said she was from Estill.... She was a lefty.... Is that the Gross girl? They pulled her I think the 7th or 8th inning and we came back and won. One of our coaches (Dillender) really liked her..
louvillslugger Wrote:you have to forgive me but i'm not familiar with the 14th but there was a kid we played against at a ASA tournament in bowling green that pitched against us (Lou Sluggers) and shut us down. They said she was from Estill.... She was a lefty.... Is that the Gross girl? They pulled her I think the 7th or 8th inning and we came back and won. One of our coaches (Dillender) really liked her..

Jenna Edwards is the lefty. Gross is a righty. Edwards is a SO and Gross is a JR.
oh ok sorry guys... didn't know... I mostly get on another site because it's mostly in my area but just started looking at bluegrassrivals for several months now... I know some players in 15th and 16th regions so just wanted to keep up with what was going on there....
I know this is off topic ... sorry.... lou is Josh coaching the 16u sluggers this coming summer??? Sorry but i'll get back on topic now.... Sorry guys....
Hey louvillslugger are you looking for any 16u players . I've got 1 or2 looking for a team. Can you give a contact number for them .
Louvillslugger or anybody else, whats some other high school softball websites to check out? I try to keep up with the 6,7,8 region.
fastpitchfan I know the sluggers have filled there rosters. I know through out the year girls leave the team or they sometimes are let go. you might check with TPS out of etown. depends on where you are in Ky you can check out of state teams. most teams have websites and post info there. TN, OH, IN, IL really depends how far you want to go and how much talent the girls have. As they get older you will find that you don't really have practices (well you may have a couple before season and some during season but not many) they will meet for the tournaments just depends where all the girls come from. You have teams where girls come from all different states. I can't make suggestions on here because I have already been in trouble concerning web sites (they edit my post) sorry.
Bob I can't tell you other websites. sorry they say it's against rules
as long as it's not another forum board then it's fine (I.E. Khsaa.org, kyhighschoolsoftball.com, allkyhoops.com, etc. etc.) then it's fine but if it is a message board then it's against the rules.
not sure why because there are good message boards out there that cover certain areas of the state that someone may not know about and there are some good ones that have alot of info concerning recruiting, different aspects of the game that can help people in learning. But I will follow the rules and will respect this board.
louvillslugger Wrote:not sure why because there are good message boards out there that cover certain areas of the state that someone may not know about and there are some good ones that have alot of info concerning recruiting, different aspects of the game that can help people in learning. But I will follow the rules and will respect this board.

Not allowed to use someone else's info from another board.
How could they have LCC number 4 but not a player in the top10. The Johnson girl (can't spell her first name), was region MVP when they went to state. Now a sophomore she has to be up there alone with a few other players.
I agree cougar pride don't know what's up with the voting on the players . I'm sure all the players picked are deserving in there own way , but the top players in my opinion should have all the tools to help a team , hit well, good defense , and a good arm . I know some of the girls picked are pitchers and some teams don't let them show off there other abilities as far as hitting and are judged a little differently but a lot of good top players were left off the list for a lot of the teams represented and for teams not represented.
guys i'm telling you steve wonder could had picked better...I don't mean to be the bad guy but sorry truth is truth if any of you have seen any 14th games than you all know. I won't mention names who should or shouldn't be on the list. I can give you my opinion but it doesn't mean much sorry but truth is truth..... lol ...... But hey it happened in the other regions...but I don't think as bad....IMO
I guess there is no need beating a dead horse but you are right it's not only the 14th and the 15th a 3rd of them are not good . I know the best players generally work year around and harder than the rest , so I hope they don't take this the wrong way and they continue to work hard in the end they will get the credit they deserve .
Does anyone have info on the 10th region? Who are the best players and teams I am new to the area. And do Coaches recognize 7th-8th graders for the spots are only older players?
Pages: 1 2