Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Trinity 75 Madison Central 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Trinity wins at home against Madison Central 75-62
I guess Trinity is better than some thought.
Hawkins did bout everything he could in this for MC, had 29.
Congrats Trinity! Very even playing field in the state this year!
MVP2 Wrote:I guess Trinity is better than some thought.
I'm curious: what did "some" think? Except for a 6-4 starter and a 6-8 soph, they are short but they play an exciting forward-4 guard offense and an adhesive defense. Madison Central was gassed by the end of the 3rd. They have six good players, much bigger than Trinity, but the Rocks kept running those 8 guards and 2 forwards in and out all night. Sometimes they play a 5 guard offensive. They are all jumpers. Just a good team with a great fun coach. Madison Central isn't going away though, believe me.
Rockhead Wrote:I'm curious: what did "some" think? Except for a 6-4 starter and a 6-8 soph, they are short but they play an exciting forward-4 guard offense and an adhesive defense. Madison Central was gassed by the end of the 3rd. They have six good players, much bigger than Trinity, but the Rocks kept running those 8 guards and 2 forwards in and out all night. Sometimes they play a 5 guard offensive. They are all jumpers. Just a good team with a great fun coach. Madison Central isn't going away though, believe me.

Some probably thought the same way I did. Great defensive intensity but struggle at times on the offensive end. We'll see how it plays out!:popcorn:
Fatt Jones Wrote:Some probably thought the same way I did. Great defensive intensity but struggle at times on the offensive end. We'll see how it plays out!:popcorn:
You have a good point. Coach Szabo has taught the Shamrocks to love defense & as a short team that is how they stay close to good offensive teams. Some Rocks would rather rebound than score. But every one of the ten or eleven guys Szabo may run in & out can & will shoot when the others get him open. They are not shy.
Rockhead Wrote:You have a good point. Coach Szabo has taught the Shamrocks to love defense & as a short team that is how they stay close to good offensive teams. Some Rocks would rather rebound than score. But every one of the ten or eleven guys Szabo may run in & out can & will shoot when the others get him open. They are not shy.

I think that Trinity has certainly established themselves as the 7th region favorite and the first order of business for opponents has to be to take care of the ball. As crazy as it may sound Central with their athleticism may be the biggest threat come tournament time.
That is a big statement win by the defending champs.
Did anyone see the Trinity vs PRP game. Lopsided score. Wondering what happened?