Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Magoffin Co. 73 Lawrence Co. 59
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nice win Hornets. This pretty much places LC as the 4/5 seed in the 57th District Tournament. Everything else is wide open!
The Hornets are playing better. Lawrence played hard but tonight the Hornets played just as as hard and showed improvement as a team. Magoffin had four players in double figures and a fifth with 9. Nice team win for Magoffin.
Very fun game to watch. Both teams played good. Hornets are playing like a team again!
Nice dunk by Pitts in this one.
Just life in the 57th.
The 57th is loaded.
glad to hear they picked up a W in this one, season might be starting to turn around for the hornets, GRD hornets nice win
I didn't really see this one coming but congrats to the Hornets, who are apparently improving as we get close to district tourney time.
Both teams played hard and provided a lot of excitement. Bulldogs cut lead to 44-43 going into 4th period. The Hornets outscored the Dawgs 29-16 in the 4th to win going away. Chaffins for LC had a nice game with 20 points, but Magoffin earned this win and give credit to them. Howard really got things going early on and Pitts finished with 12 and a tow handed dunk. I thought the difference for Magoffin was the other players including Russell who had a huge night, and Poe. Dawgs got out rebounded and couldn't get back defensively, and had some mental mistakes that really hurt them. 8th grader Timmy Dalton who averages double figures did not play due to the flu. Congrats on the win MC.
lcgrad2002 Wrote:Both teams played hard and provided a lot of excitement. Bulldogs cut lead to 44-43 going into 4th period. The Hornets outscored the Dawgs 29-16 in the 4th to win going away. Chaffins for LC had a nice game with 20 points, but Magoffin earned this win and give credit to them. Howard really got things going early on and Pitts finished with 12 and a tow handed dunk. I thought the difference for Magoffin was the other players including Russell who had a huge night, and Poe. Dawgs got out rebounded and couldn't get back defensively, and had some mental mistakes that really hurt them. 8th grader Timmy Dalton who averages double figures did not play due to the flu. Congrats on the win MC.

I agree with you. Howard playing better and Pitts confidence growing in the younger kids like Russell, Issac, and Lovely who gaining confidence and playing much better. I enjoy watching Lawrence play, I think they did miss Timmy if for no other reason for fresh legs in fast pace game. With all the young kids in the 57th playing at a high level, our district is going to be fun and very competitive for next several years.
It just shows you that anyone can beat anyone on any give night. This district is wide open, and this will be the most exciting district tournament in the state.
I've listened to the last few LC games on the radio and IMO they sound like they're hitting a bump in the road. Could the young kids we wearing out from this fast paced style of play? I think in order to compete not only in the 15th region but the 57th district they've gotta be able to slow the ball down and run some 1/2 court sets. They've not had to do that much all year and when they have, it's hurt them (see Sheldon Clark game). They need one of those Canadian big guys everyone is getting!
It's not like this is their first year running this style of offense, it's what they have always done. They are a fast paced team who likes to run and gun. They are getting better at running set plays, but up and down the court is what they do.