Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Owsley County 87 - Powell County 83 OT
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Booneville
Good game OWLS!! I knew this would be a close, back and forth game. I pretty much hit this one right on the nose in the prediction thread.
Owsley's Allen had 39 points and 14 rebounds. Powell's Marcum had 34. Owsley is now 3-2 in the district with Estill coming to Booneville Friday.
Powell Co. 20 16 27 5 15 83

Owsley Co. 18 16 16 18 19 87

Powell Co. -- Marcum 37, Goodwin 13, Mullins 1, McCoy 16, Townsend 3, Hubbard 9, Thompson 2, Smith 2.

Owsley Co. -- Shelby 14, B.Hall 3, Holmes 5, C.Hall 9, Allen 39, Grove 17.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2012/11/14/24077...rylink=cpy
Wow! 37 points. Nice game for Marcum
Powell's scorekeeper had Marcum with 34 points. Evidently Owsley's scorekeeper, which is the official book, had him credited with an extra 3. He shot the lights out tonight. Owsley's Bill Hall finally slowed him down some in the last quarter. He's a good player, and definitely one of he best shooters in the region.
Wow how about Allen with 39!!!
Marcum was dead on last night and would have had fifty if not for the defense Owsleys Bill Hall put on him all night. Powell ran four or five screens for him on every play and Hall was in his eye almost every shot and he still had thirty four. Owsley couldn't have won without Allen's points but they wouldn't have won without Halls defense. Good game Bill.
That's what I like to see someone working their a*= off on defense!!!