Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Perry 62 Wolfe 49
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wolfe outplayed Perry for 3 and half quarters and fell apart the last 4 minutes. Perry came out flat and overlooking Wolfe.
Amazed by this one.
This late in the season and the region so close at the top they better not overlook anyone.
Wolfe forced PCC's role players to make shots. Beverly really played big in the 2nd half. The 14th regional tournament is going to be a lot of fun this year.
Where was this played at?
Neither of Perry's big boys played very much. Johnson hurt his ankle I don't know how bad sat on the sidelines with ice after about midway of second quarter. Cornett two quick fouls about two minutes into the game. Sat the remainder of the first half. Re-entered in second played a couple of minutes before picking up his third. Sat until the fourth. Altogether probably didn't play a full quarter. A couple of his fouls were very cheap. But nevertheless has to learn when he is in foul trouble not to swipe at the ball. Only good thing for Perry was there bench and role players won this game for them. Back on Johnson don't the extent of his injury but walked to the dressing room at the end of the game on his own power without too much of a limp. Wolfe did fall apart the last few minutes. Spurlock went small and Wolfe threw it away several times and missed several close in shots that just wouldn't fall for them.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Game was at Wolfe.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Final thought. Zaga's highlight ref was the head official in this game.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Why is it that if a school like Wolfe plays with a team like PCC people feel the need to blame refs. How many games this season has Cornett been in foul trouble? I would say at least a third he tries to block every shoot in the lane. Wolfe should be very proud of how hard they played and if they could have made some shots in the 4th things could have gone different but they didn't. That doesn't change the fact that they played with Perry for most of the game.
Reds#1Fan Wrote:Why is it that if a school like Wolfe plays with a team like PCC people feel the need to blame refs. How many games this season has Cornett been in foul trouble? I would say at least a third he tries to block every shoot in the lane. Wolfe should be very proud of how hard they played and if they could have made some shots in the 4th things could have gone different but they didn't. That doesn't change the fact that they played with Perry for most of the game.

Wolfe played a very good game. And if they had hit their free throws may have been different. Nevertheless this was a poorly called game. I tell it like I see it. Be it good or bad.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Not a bad called game. Perry just played terrible. Wolfe needs to get much more from Conway. He should be getting 18-20 with 12 boards a night. He has the talent but lacks the motor.
Come-On-Man Wrote:Not a bad called game. Perry just played terrible. Wolfe needs to get much more from Conway. He should be getting 18-20 with 12 boards a night. He has the talent but lacks the motor.

Were you at game? If so you evidently didn't pay very good attention to anything but the score. In your in game up dates you said Johnson a non factor don't know if he is injured or not? Anyone at the game and paying attention would have saw Johnson on the sidelines with an icebucket. My first trip to Wolfe a very good atmosphere to play. Wolfe fans definitely into the game. Taking nothing away from Wolfe they played a very good game. They definitely took the fight to Perry. However don't have the stats but they missed a ton of free throws and failed to convert down the stretch. I try to tell it like I see it. Regardless of where the chips fall.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Looks like Wolfe played really well.

Peace be among us,

Brother zaga
zaga_fan Wrote:Looks like Wolfe played really well.

Peace be among us,

Brother zaga

I like that.

Peace be with you Brother Zaga.

Brother Cecil.
Really wish that Wolfe could have pulled this off. Still a great game!
Peace be among the both of you!
It hard to play in the wolves den!!!
May peace be among us all
Brother Curve!
Lots of PEACE in the 14th! Bet this changes come regional tourney time.
When it comes down to it. The 14th Region has to stick together!!!