Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bullitt East 69 - Pulaski 62
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Montgomery Co.

Pulaski Co had a 11 pt lead at halftime. BE ended the game on a 23-7 run.

Willis 24pts 12rebs, 4blocks.

Gover (PC) 17pts
Actually Pulaski had an 11 point lead going into the 4th quarter.
It was a heck of a game.
Pulaski isn't very deep on their bench so with that said they had 2 or 3 that got in foul trouble and fouled out of the game. It gave Bullitt East a chance to come back.
Can't loose a lead like that.
My takeaway from the game was that Bullitt East can be beaten. IMO there appears to be some chemistry problems there. Sure they are talented and can win the state (its a very tough draw and they could see Pulaski in the semis) but I honesty do not think their point guard distributes enough to Troutman and Willis. Pulaski County, even with their ugly yellow socks, is a very hard nosed nice team. They are great competitors.
citykat Wrote:My takeaway from the game was that Bullitt East can be beaten. IMO there appears to be some chemistry problems there. Sure they are talented and can win the state (its a very tough draw and they could see Pulaski in the semis) but I honesty do not think their point guard distributes enough to Troutman and Willis. Pulaski County, even with their ugly yellow socks, is a very hard nosed nice team. They are great competitors.

Was unable to attend this event. I watch Bullitt East on a regular basis and your mention of some chemistry problems is the first that I have ever heard with this group. This team has traveled from far western Ky. to the mountains of eastern Ky. with recent tournaments in Texas & Missouri against some tremendous competition. I have been expecting a bit of a let down with this team but good teams still win games on off nights. The players on this team will tell you that the goal this year is to win a state championship. From the beginning of the season the idea was to prep this team for post-season play. Barring injuries, this will be the team to beat.
Pulaski County didn't back down from Bullitt East and played really well until the very end. Great showing by the Maroons though.
citykat Wrote:My takeaway from the game was that Bullitt East can be beaten. IMO there appears to be some chemistry problems there. Sure they are talented and can win the state (its a very tough draw and they could see Pulaski in the semis) but I honesty do not think their point guard distributes enough to Troutman and Willis. Pulaski County, even with their ugly yellow socks, is a very hard nosed nice team. They are great competitors.
PC is wearing the "ugly" yellow socks in support of Team Elmore. Randy Elmore, the AD at PC, is battling cancer. I personally think those yellow socks are amazingly beautiful!
Kuddos to the PC Boy's, Girls's, Cheerleaders, and Community for their support for Team E! Yellow is beautiful Smile:Thumbs:
Good luck to Mr. Elmore. My prayers are with you.
Forever Maroon Wrote:PC is wearing the "ugly" yellow socks in support of Team Elmore. Randy Elmore, the AD at PC, is battling cancer. I personally think those yellow socks are amazingly beautiful!

I was wondering what the E warm ups and all the yellow was for..
But it did go with the outfits. Thought it looked great!
And I agree with citykat.
I was very impressed with Pulaski. Bullitt East can be beaten.
Pulaski is a very very dangerous team. If not for the foul trouble they would have won this game.

Also I've heard a lot of talk about #10 for Pulaski. I was not that impressed with his play. Everyone else for Pulaski stood out besides him.
GetChili Wrote:Pulaski County didn't back down from Bullitt East and played really well until the very end. Great showing by the Maroons though.

Although PC outplayed BE, they(PC)did not play anywhere near their best. Also let's just say officiating DID play a part in the outcome. PC should have been able to overcome that though. They are a very tough minded team.
#10 for pulaski only had 17 pts. 11 reb. 9 assists. And what I saw he was doubled teamed the whole game. But the other guys on the team played exceptional I really liked the big blonde headed kid that come in off the bench he really beat up on Willis and played a solid game. Does anyone know what grade the Burton kid is in. and the maroons will be no cake walk for whoever they play from the 11th I just hope they get there because their the only team that can compete with a team from that region