Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Newport Central Catholic 49 - Knott County Central 44 (All "A" State Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final.
Downtown10 Wrote:Final.

Was this game close all the way
MVP2 Wrote:NCC by 6. 49 43

I was very close in the prediction thread.

Congrats Breds.
tommy2 Wrote:Was this game close all the way

No, NCC was up by at least 15 in the 3rd.

Probably should have put them on the line a lot sooner and more often
MVP2 Wrote:I was very close in the prediction thread.

Congrats Breds.

I was a point away from perfection! Low scoring game. Sounds like NCC's defense won this one. Good luck in the finals.
KCC had 16 TO's and shot 37% from the field. NCC won the game in the 3rd. 1st half was probably the worst half of basketball ever played.
Evan didn't show up tonight. I would like to see Justice force the issue a little more early in games especially when Evan gets off to a slow start.
KNOTT CENTRAL (20-4) – Justice 20, Hall 1, Cornett 12, Christon 8, Short 3.
NEWPORT CATHOLIC (21-1) – Schulte 12, Bueter 21, Pangallo 5, Seibert 2, Weyer 4, McDonald 5.
Knott Central** 7** 6* 10* 21 — 44
Newport Catholic* 15** 2** 16* 16 — 49

Terrible.
Knott strugles against teams with big men and a box and chaser hurts them also that makes someone other than Justice to beat you and they have trouble finding another gut that can beat you.
Hoping knott could have pulled this one out but close game considering Hall had 1 point and short had 3 I believe. Christon has been playing well
NCC must have play good to beat knott
Downtown has heard this from me privately but tonight is a prime example of why Evan Hall is the most important player for Knott to go far. Yes I know without Justice they would be closer to average but look at the stats from this one. When the offense is stagnant from Hall it makes Justices night tougher, notice his 1-8 or so from three. This was a combo of two strategies that hurt KCC, box and chase and size inside (perry for example played them this way). Shorts gotta step up and take some relief off justice so the entire back court can try and get some better looks for Hall, but it's still tough going by what size NCC had. This was a bad matchup for KCC but keep in mind 4 sophs doing the majority of the work. They'll get better.

Proud of you boys!
I agree with Stlcardsfan on your take on the game. Some one has to step up and take pressure of Justice. Hall did not play well but he had two bigs against one. I did not see the game but I think NCC is a slowdown deliberate team. Not to say KCC cannot play this way it is just from what I have seen they look very good in transition and in an up tempo game. It is hard to beat those teams when you are not hitting and playing from behind. Conversly the way to beat them is to jump on them early and get a good lead, its hard to be deliberate when your down 10. I think you have to give credit to NCC to some degree they are a pretty good team. But I do think KCC could handle them with a better performance because I don't think anyone on that team would say they played anywhere close to their ability. I agree they are young and will no doubt be a state contender in the years to come, not to say they could'nt win the region this year and make some noise now, just going to be awesome in the future. I think they are one player away from being unstoppable.
I hope everyone that I seen on twitter and facebook, from Knott and Perry now understand that All "A" isn't as easy as u think.
Saw this one coming.

Congrats NCC
I wish the 14th could have brought the championship home!
Good run boys!!!
Teams with big strong kids inside like PCC and NCC make it hard on Evan Hall. Not strong enough yet to muscle with them more suited to getting up and down the court. This makes it harder on Justice has to carry more of the load. Just my thoughts. I was not at game.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Congrats Patriots. Semifinal finish nothing to be ashamed of at all. This tournament is a lot tougher than a lot of fans think.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
Come-On-Man Wrote:Evan didn't show up tonight. I would like to see Justice force the issue a little more early in games especially when Evan gets off to a slow start.

Evan had a lot to contend with. He's the only true size for Knott while NewCath's frontline averages about 6'6.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:Downtown has heard this from me privately but tonight is a prime example of why Evan Hall is the most important player for Knott to go far. Yes I know without Justice they would be closer to average but look at the stats from this one. When the offense is stagnant from Hall it makes Justices night tougher, notice his 1-8 or so from three. This was a combo of two strategies that hurt KCC, box and chase and size inside (perry for example played them this way). Shorts gotta step up and take some relief off justice so the entire back court can try and get some better looks for Hall, but it's still tough going by what size NCC had. This was a bad matchup for KCC but keep in mind 4 sophs doing the majority of the work. They'll get better.

Proud of you boys!

I have talked to Zaga about this IMO Hall is the best all around player KCC has and is the funnest player to watch.
What was NCC ranked in Cantrell's?
They were 78ish Knott was 77ish
What is the ranking in the top 25? Thought they was 18th?
Best wishes to KCC. They have a fine team.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:Evan had a lot to contend with. He's the only true size for Knott while NewCath's frontline averages about 6'6.

Thought had some size also with christen and cornett
One is listed at 6'4 and the other is 6'5.
15thRegionSlamaBamma Wrote:I have talked to Zaga about this IMO Hall is the best all around player KCC has and is the funnest player to watch.

Your right 15th he is. I've seen him play to his potential 2 times this year, hes way to passive. Hopefully he gets out of it.
Mister B Wrote:I agree with Stlcardsfan on your take on the game. Some one has to step up and take pressure of Justice. Hall did not play well but he had two bigs against one. I did not see the game but I think NCC is a slowdown deliberate team. Not to say KCC cannot play this way it is just from what I have seen they look very good in transition and in an up tempo game. It is hard to beat those teams when you are not hitting and playing from behind. Conversly the way to beat them is to jump on them early and get a good lead, its hard to be deliberate when your down 10. I think you have to give credit to NCC to some degree they are a pretty good team. But I do think KCC could handle them with a better performance because I don't think anyone on that team would say they played anywhere close to their ability. I agree they are young and will no doubt be a state contender in the years to come, not to say they could'nt win the region this year and make some noise now, just going to be awesome in the future. I think they are one player away from being unstoppable.

I think there one good coach away from be unstoppable.
:Thumbs:
Downtown10 Wrote:I think there one good coach away from be unstoppable.
tommy2 Wrote::Thumbs:

If you are talking about BB King you must be living under a rock his résumé for the last two and a half years is off the chart!!!
Pages: 1 2