Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Scott 70 - Perry County Central 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Final
Wow:Cheerlead
Scott is a very good ball team.
hoops_town Wrote:Scott is a very good ball team.

Actually Covington Scott is a very mediocre team. They have lost to the likes of Gallatin County, Ryle, Holy Cross, Fleming Co among others. You may be confusing Scott with Scott County.
Congrats to Scott...their hitting stride after almost upsetting Holmes last week!
#23 took over the game for Scott. They also had some help from the zebras.
So this wasnt Scott County?
Also no I don't think Scott is good
Can't take the win away from them but they had a very good shooting day. They where also 11-8 coming into the game. Beverly and Johnson just couldn't find a groove and big cornett didn't play well at all. He had many turnovers.
KHSAA12 Wrote:So this wasnt Scott County?

Nope. This was Scott High School from near Covington.
Ballers Wrote:Also no I don't think Scott is good
Can't take the win away from them but they had a very good shooting day. They where also 11-8 coming into the game. Beverly and Johnson just couldn't find a groove and big cornett didn't play well at all. He had many turnovers.

To Scott's credit they have played a good schedule and have been playing very good ball of late. Sounds like sour grapes.
hop24 Wrote:To Scott's credit they have played a good schedule and have been playing very good ball of late. Sounds like sour grapes.

There best game may have been a close loss to Holmes.
Bottom line PCC had the talent to handle Scott easily. For whatever reason seem to lose these out of region games. I think one of the predominant issues for PCC in the games they have lost has been defense. It seems like everybody they lose to either has a hell of a game or shoots lights out. Also they have had trouble with few of these small teams dictating the tempo of the game. With their size and athleticism they should be able to slow the game down and pound it inside , you know play to your strengths. But no for whatever reason they play the way that suits the other team. hmm. ? I understand Scott is playing well and played well tonight but good teams impose their will on other teams. PCC does not do this when they travel out of the mountains. I give you one example of what I am talking about. Check the other thread on PCC vs Scott, Ballers is giving updates and mentions #23 is killing them.Brother Cecil says they need to put Pray on him he is their best defender. Well with a few minutes to go in the game Ballers says the put Pray on #23. Well that adustment should have been made a heck of alot quicker. Especially faster than what a fan can diagnose from getting updates second hand on a chatboard.
The second biggest "disapointment" for me for the day was Perry County Central. I expected them to win this game by double figures based on the hype I had heard of them. Take nothing away from Scott as they played well as a team but PCC was more talented and should have won the game. Cant quite put my finger on it but there is something not quite right there. Scott kids can definitely shoot the ball but they are kinda small.
citykat Wrote:The second biggest "disapointment" for me for the day was Perry County Central. I expected them to win this game by double figures based on the hype I had heard of them. Take nothing away from Scott as they played well as a team but PCC was more talented and should have won the game. Cant quite put my finger on it but there is something not quite right there. Scott kids can definitely shoot the ball but they are kinda small.

Beverly is the best player for PCC but now that Johnson is in the mix it's all about Johnson and the other two kids that are really PCC players aren't getting theirs. Besides the only reason Spurlock took him with him is he is hoping Johnson lands him a seat beside him on the bench at the next level. Heard things weren't going to smooth any way with coach and parents but what's new.
Congrats to Scott on the win, but this is a bad loss for Perry Central if you ask me.
FaYebball Wrote:Beverly is the best player for PCC but now that Johnson is in the mix it's all about Johnson and the other two kids that are really PCC players aren't getting theirs. Besides the only reason Spurlock took him with him is he is hoping Johnson lands him a seat beside him on the bench at the next level. Heard things weren't going to smooth any way with coach and parents but what's new.

Gimme a break
Scott is a solid team lets not take anything away from them. Perry is a weird team. I've seen them play to their potential one time this year. Games like this help come tournament time.
zaga_fan Wrote:Gimme a break

No way the truth is the truth you will see
Wow. No way Perry should have lost this one. Scott High is mediocre at best.
FaYebball Wrote:No way the truth is the truth you will see

Braxton Beverly is the best player on the team.
It all goes through him.

It's nice that he has someone who can get a jam off of one of his passes...
but it ain't "all about Johnson".
Keep your heads up Commodores.
new guy Wrote:Wow. No way Perry should have lost this one. Scott High is mediocre at best.

I agree Perry should have won this game. Too many advantages to lose. Perry has to stop chasing these smaller teams up and down the court. Make them play your game instead of playing theirs. In order to win Perry has to control the tempo and use their size.

Peace be among us.

Brother Cecil.
A special thanks to strikeout king for renaming my post and stuff...
your dumb.
hop24 Wrote:To Scott's credit they have played a good schedule and have been playing very good ball of late. Sounds like sour grapes.

I"ll take PCC over Scott 100 times out of 101.. and bet the house.
Let me know when you get the money.

Braxton had a horrible game, none of these guys looked like their usual self.
I guarantee if they met again LOL it'd be a blow out. Scott is horrible, sorry.
Why dont you hop over here and.. Nevermind, you suck either way.
lol
but if they play once I guess Scott wins
Ballers Wrote:I"ll take PCC over Scott 100 times out of 101.. and bet the house.
Let me know when you get the money.

Braxton had a horrible game, none of these guys looked like their usual self.
I guarantee if they met again LOL it'd be a blow out. Scott is horrible, sorry.
Why dont you hop over here and.. Nevermind, you suck either way.

Teams up here play defense.Confusednicker: You hayshakers ought to try it sometime, it keeps the other team from scoring as many points.:thatsfunn Now run along back to school JR.:ChairHit:
nky Wrote:but if they play once I guess Scott wins

I'm speechless.
You can't take these Northern KY people anywhere...
Ballers Wrote:I'm speechless.

Youv'e done the world some good, finally!:Thumbs:
Pages: 1 2