Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Alligator
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Get this....A small alligator was found in a small East Kentucky community located outside of Hindman. Knott County Sheriff Ray Bolen was called upon for his ability to capture this reptile. He was notified that a crowd of poeple were seen looking over a bridge at this unusual creature. When Bolen got to the seen he had to go right into the water with the alligator. Once he caught the alligator it was measured to be around 3 feet long. A local game warden came to get the alligator and take it to the Salato(sp) Wildlife Center in Frankfort. This has raised rumors about Carr Creek Lake. Some people claim to have seen a large alligator floating around the popular swimming spot in the summer, not to mention a few rumors that 2 or 3 game wardens have seen an alligator that is estimated to be 13 feet long.
Now that would be a surprise to all swimmers to swim up on a Gator, What makes even worse is that it was found in Wildcat Country.
Thats kinda of strange to see and Aligator in KY, Didnt they find one in Kentucky Lake a few years back ?
First I have heard of it, I wouldnt want to find out myself if its true.
I know it is true about the little one being found but the big one I won't believe it until I see it.
That's crazy. I will believe it when I see it though.
Well if their is one small alligator and one big one? Well doesn't it take two to make a small one?
I'd say it's pets that people have brought back from somewhere and raised and turned them loose. They rounded one up around here not too long ago. I know there is a person in Allen that has an indoor swimming pool that is used as a swamp to keep a pet croc or gator. It's nothing new for around this area.
BCF4L Wrote:I'd say it's pets that people have brought back from somewhere and raised and turned them loose. They rounded one up around here not too long ago. I know there is a person in Allen that has an indoor swimming pool that is used as a swamp to keep a pet croc or gator. It's nothing new for around this area.

Gosh Floyd County is just filled up with exotic animals now aren't they.
BCF4L Wrote:I'd say it's pets that people have brought back from somewhere and raised and turned them loose. They rounded one up around here not too long ago. I know there is a person in Allen that has an indoor swimming pool that is used as a swamp to keep a pet croc or gator. It's nothing new for around this area.

Nudimaker(sp)?

Is that the same people that was in the paper for owning a lion?
^no....

however.. in a few years it shouldn't be surprising to run up on an alligator or even a python.. people by these animals and keep them for a few years, forgetting that these things live forever and grow a little more every year. so after they get so big people turn them into the wild. so it's possible these things could produce offspring and show up in different places
JD If U Please Wrote:Nudimaker(sp)?
Yes that's them.
i'll believe it when i see it .
I would say it was a pet that had been released
That was my parents thoughts too. But if it wasn't a pet there has to be at least 2 more "BIG" gators.
BCF4L Wrote:Yes that's them.

They pretty much have a zoo up there. I went to school with him at EKU