Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Class A Basketball
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always liked the Class A basketball tourney, but it has become like Football in this state,
The Private Schools just load up and win.
I believe that it hurts Football and now small school basketball
I don't know if you can say Private Schools are loading up and winning. Because Shelby Valley won it back to back and then Betsy Layne won it the year after.
Several mountain schools have brought home the gold in the Class "A". I believe mountain schools won the state 3 or 4 times in the 90's., and maybe 3 or 4 more since 2000. The Class "A" is great, it gives the small guy a chance to become state champs.
Since KY has gone to 6 classes in football (6 years) only 1 private has won 1A

I think the ALL A has gotten to big. About 44% of schools compete in it!
Bottom 131 schools according to enrollment.
KCC is 129th
Where does the other 3 semi finalist rank in size?
fedscreekviking Wrote:Where does the other 3 semi finalist rank in size?

IDK
Heard this the other night on the radio
What is Knott Central's enrollment?
bulldog149 Wrote:What is Knott Central's enrollment?

According to KHSAA enrollment figures for last year they had 622 students grades 9-12.
New Cath walked through the boys tourney and Owensboro Cath walked through the girls tourney, enough said.
I know in regions were there are no private schools, it is a great thing, but come on why is the KHSAA kissing up to the private schools.
It is Killing Football in this state.
Old Henry Man Wrote:New Cath walked through the boys tourney and Owensboro Cath walked through the girls tourney, enough said.
I know in regions were there are no private schools, it is a great thing, but come on why is the KHSAA kissing up to the private schools.
It is Killing Football in this state.

It is not killing football. Also, do you know anything about NewCath? Do you know where the kids come from, or are you just throwing out excuses for why some schools don't win? Mayfield, Highlands, Bowling Green, schools like this never complain.