Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: East Ridge 57 Jenkins 51
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
Congrats to East Ridge. Good job to bounce back with a win.
Surprised by this score. Thought East Ridge would run away with this one. Is Jenkins this good or did East Ridge have a bad game?
Look at the past scores, lost to Letcher by 9, and 15. Belfry 10, beat paintsville, cordia by 4, Jenkins isn't bad.
You can't really compare scores in basketball, that's the worst thing & way to measure teams. Jenkins is NOT very good at all & I was very surprised by this score. East Ridge has been extremely disappointing this year. I'm not sure what's going on down at Lick Creek, but Coach McCoy just is not getting it done. I've heard numerous people say that his old school ways are not the way to do it anymore and by looking at ER's schedule it's pretty disappointing they are barely over .500 .. Maybe it would have been much better to Keep LaMaster around, he's young & would only improve with time, whereas McCoy is in his 60s or 70s & way past his prime.. I mean Valley just drubbed ER by 30 the other night, that's flat out embarrassing.. Looks like ER needs to go after there 3rd Coach in 3 years!! Anybody with inside info know what the hell is going on & if the players are happy down on the Ridge???
Look, ER made the right decision in getting Coach McCoy. No question who the better coach is between him and LeMaster...NONE AT ALL!

LeMaster was the product of transfers and the best draw they could get in the tourney last year.

Sheldon Clark's coach KILLED his kids the days before the region tourney with 2-3 hour practices, ask the parents.

Belfry/P-Burg were both very, very avg.

Get over it, move on, find another coaching job.
I guess that is why McCoy runs zero offense and they have choked vs Pikeville twice up double figures both times in 2nd half (i was at both games in person), easily should have beaten Letcher, got beat by an Owen county team that is not near as good as their record, drilled 30 by SV, and barely beat Jenkins.. No question McCoy is an amazing Coach!!
And I would like the names of those Sheldon Clark parents please.. I would love to hear them say they had 2-3 hour practices, oh heaven forbid those poor kids practice 2-3 hours a day.. They must have been exhausted & that's why they lost to ER in the Regional Tourney.. That had to be the reason!!
Jenkins is not that bad of a team. A team that plays hard and has some senior leadership. I have seen them play and is can beat most teams on a given night.
Im not getting into who is the best coach but ERs should be looked at closely before criticism. They lost the 2 transfers and 3 more seniors. This year they returned 1 senior with some varsity experience ahd soph Miller who teams now target. Their other players are 2 Jrs with little or no V exp and a boat load of Soph. And they play that way. One game excellent next poorly Whoever the coach is will need a little time.
I was in no way, shape, or form talking about who the better Coach is, I do not care about that at all... But I simply stated that I do not like McCoy's approach & do not think he is the right man for this job.. He runs 0 offense except for the Flex, 4 out 1 in, sometimes 3 out 2 in.. That's stuff that players ran in the 60's, doesn't work in today's game.. Sorry. And for the last post, these boys at ER have plenty of Varsity experience (Coleman played ALOT of minutes as a sophomore, Fields played solid minutes as a Frosh, Hagy played significant minutes as a Frosh, even started some games, and the SR Atkins played spot minutes as a JR) they have plenty of experience & have gained even more already this year!! Just not a fan of the coaching hire & the direction the program is headed.. Also, there is a reason ER lost the 2 transfers (Kasanga & Walter) b/c of Coach Randy McCoy!! But good luck to the young ER Warriors for the remainder of the season!!
Its easy to see your anri McCoy and I am not pro but the ER program must have some stability. Eric Ratliff was forced out to give Justice a job. Afterpromising everyone he would not leave until Cam graduated he left for the money after 2 years. Dads on the comittee picked preston but the same dads stated at the end of last year if he didnt go they were transfering their kids. Now on another thread someone has stated Miller was going to KCC next year. I just wish everyone would quit being so selfish and do whats best for THEIR school and community. I really miss the days at Feds Creek when we worked hard did the best we could but everyone in the community had your back.
No question in my mind that coach McCoy is past his prime smh what coach McCoy needs to do is retire IMO
East ridge would have been better off with LeMaster still coaching. I am also hearing that Miller is going knot next year, is there any truth to that rumor ?? To be honest I kinda feel bad for East ridge
And I HATE the transfer culture that is developing in High School BB.
I didnt want to say but there seems to a number of dads at ER right now who think their kid is NBA bound and cant figure out why he isnt scoring 35 every game. I dont know why Miller would want to go to KcC when Cam is already the 2G. and come off the bench or at best be a 4th or 5th option.
KnowledgeOfTheGame14 Wrote:I was in no way, shape, or form talking about who the better Coach is, I do not care about that at all... But I simply stated that I do not like McCoy's approach & do not think he is the right man for this job.. He runs 0 offense except for the Flex, 4 out 1 in, sometimes 3 out 2 in.. That's stuff that players ran in the 60's, doesn't work in today's game.. Sorry. And for the last post, these boys at ER have plenty of Varsity experience (Coleman played ALOT of minutes as a sophomore, Fields played solid minutes as a Frosh, Hagy played significant minutes as a Frosh, even started some games, and the SR Atkins played spot minutes as a JR) they have plenty of experience & have gained even more already this year!! Just not a fan of the coaching hire & the direction the program is headed.. Also, there is a reason ER lost the 2 transfers (Kasanga & Walter) b/c of Coach Randy McCoy!! But good luck to the young ER Warriors for the remainder of the season!!

Wolter swears up and down he will be back soon.
Real Badman Wrote:Wolter swears up and down he will be back soon.

I've heard this as well.