Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holy Cross 65 Pikeville 60 (All "A" State Tournament)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Frankfort.

Cougars were lights out against a team that is admittedly not great defensively.

Big game from Kasongo, but it was not enough. Schmidt's first half was tremendous for HC and probably the difference.

Pikeville could just never get over the hump. Consistently cut the lead to 3 or 4 but could not ever put together a few stops to take the lead back. Holy Cross lead essentially the entire game. Needed one more guy to step up for PHS.

Congratulations to Holy Cross on their first win at the All "A" State Tournament.

For HC: Mack 24, Schmidt 23

For PHS: Ray Kasongo finshes with 32 pts (15-17 FG) 14 boards and 7 blocks, Rowe 19, Silvers 3, May 2, Johnson 2, Hamilton 2.

Stats according to EKB.
Merge my thread into this one if ya don't care man. On my phone.
Hail Holy Cross!!!!!! :biglmao:
Huge game from Kasongo, good effort Panthers.

Congrats Holy Cross.
Holy Cross is an atrocious team. There biggest kid is probably 6'2 150. Kasongo should have touched it every time down the court. Guard the 3 and Holy Cross couldn't beat nearly anyone. I was hoping Pikeville would make a strong showing for the mountains.
Sounds like someone is salty of a Louisville team...
Congrats Holy Cross
Mountain Boys...
Really surprised, Thought Pikeville would take this one.
Hated seeing Pikeville lose this one, I really thought the Panthers would have their way with this one.
What a game by Kasongo...impressive.
Kasongo balled out in this one.. Holy Cross shot lights out from the three.
The story of the game was the play of Kasongo and the two guards for HC. Probably the best game Kasongo has had at the high school level. And the two guards for HC played lights out. They literally could not miss. Hats off too HC, it was their night