Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Joe B Hall Classic: 1/26/13
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Saturday Jan 26 at Montgomery County High School:

1200: Fleming County vs Harlan County
1345: Mountgomery County vs Louisville Trinity
1530: Perry County Central vs Covington Scott
1715: Lexington Henry Clay vs Southwestern
1900: Madison Central vs John Hardin
2045: Bullitt East vs Pulaski County
Dynamite schedule from end to end. Power teams and a ton of good athletes. Hope the weather doesn't interfere with this event. Athletics build character. Brother Cecil.
Man, this is going to be a great day of basketball.
Can't wait for this tourny just hope the weather holds up
Game times have been shuffled:

1330: Perry County Central vs Covington Scott
1515: Henry Clay vs Southwestern
1700: Madison Central vs Fleming County
1845: Montgomery County vs Trinity
2030: Bullitt East vs Pulaski County
Is Harlan County a no-show?
Henry Clay 90 Southwestern 68
Covington Scott 70 Perry County Central 67
Madison Central 85 Fleming County 72
Trinity 66 Montgomery County 55
Bullitt East 69 Pulaski County 62
Great venue for the games. MCHS has a really nice gym and the football field outside was pretty darn nice too with the "astroturf". Good but not great crowds. My only complaint would be that there were no programs for the games but overall well-run and a nice day of hoops
Why did Harlan County not play Fleming County as scheduled?
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Why did Harlan County not play Fleming County as scheduled?

I'm assuming they were unable to travel due to weather.
I wonder why Perry Central was able to travel, HC wasn't? They traveled and played the first game?
Great day of games!
Black Bear Cuz Wrote:Why did Harlan County not play Fleming County as scheduled?

We heard it was policies within the school district. John Hardin was not able to make it either.
We had more ice than Perry County. The roads were still too icy to travel.
I would have not wanted my kids leaving Harlan or Bell Co. around 7am on a bus that day. That is not counting the kids getting to the bus before that time. Sometimes kids safety is more important than a ball game.