Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Women and combat...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Appears women are about to get the nod to go to the front line:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/01/...-to-women/

Thoughts?
If they choose to go and want that right than good for them.
It won't BE a choice!

We've been discussing/debating this on my facebook for the past couple of days.
Equality is equality, in my opinion. You take it all; the good and the bad. Women have screamed for equality for years, so here it is. Do with it what you will.

My question is, who would be as comfortable with a woman beside them on the front line, as opposed to a man. I've been an advocate of equal rights my entire life, but to be perfectly honest with you, if I had to fight hand to hand there are precious few women that I would want beside me.

JMO
My concern would be in instances where troops are taken prisoner. I believe this would be worse for female soldiers.
No no no no and a 1000 times no. As an Army veteran (7th ID Lightfighter) I have always been against women going into combat...actually against women in the military period. No need for it, all it does is complicate things. There is no need for the military and be a social experiment or try to be "politically correct". Of course I'm sure my opinion would be looked at as sexist or somehow wrong by the left, but hey, it's my opinion.
I've been in combat with my wife for years. I wish she knew that there has always been a ban on women fighting.......
I'll bet she doesn't fight fair either!!
Wink
Granny Bear Wrote:It won't BE a choice!

We've been discussing/debating this on my facebook for the past couple of days.
Equality is equality, in my opinion. You take it all; the good and the bad. Women have screamed for equality for years, so here it is. Do with it what you will.

My question is, who would be as comfortable with a woman beside them on the front line, as opposed to a man. I've been an advocate of equal rights my entire life, but to be perfectly honest with you, if I had to fight hand to hand there are precious few women that I would want beside me.

JMO

As of now it is a choice. Nothing has been changed for the draft process.
^^
That's correct, but I believe Spirit's thread was asking our thoughts should this legislation be approved.
The legislation will not affect the draft only including a pool of men. That will be a whole other process.
BigVMan23 Wrote:No no no no and a 1000 times no. As an Army veteran (7th ID Lightfighter) I have always been against women going into combat...actually against women in the military period. No need for it, all it does is complicate things. There is no need for the military and be a social experiment or try to be "politically correct". Of course I'm sure my opinion would be looked at as sexist or somehow wrong by the left, but hey, it's my opinion.

This first sentence made me literally laugh out loud!
Tell ya what BigVMan, if anybody here would call you sexist, it would be me; but not in this case. I agree more that I disagree with what you're saying, and can see your point.

By the way, thank you for your service.