Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: UK '92 vs. UK '96
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who would win this matchup ? I'm not very familier with the '92 team but the '96 tean had Tony Delk, Jamal Mashburn, Derek Anderson, Anthony Epps, Antoine Walker, Nazr Mohammed, Jeff Shepperd !
the 96 team would probably win.. but didn't a couple of those players play on the 92 team??

But either way it would be a matchup to see..
Why are you even asking this? The 1996 team was one of the greatest basketball teams to ever play the game. I'd put the 1996 team over almost every other team in the history of college basketball, and that definatly includes the 1992 team.

1996 Team - 91
1992 Team - 76
Well after all the good players Duke had in '92 and the way Kentucky had the game won I think it would be a good matchup also. But I'd say the '96 UK team would win.
Its really not even a question. The 96 UK team would possibly win a tournament with every other college basketball champion in the history of college basketball.

by the way, mashburn wasnt on the 96 team blackcat student...
Very true the 96 team is one of the top teams of all time. So I would easily take the them over the 92 team.
corndog23 Wrote:by the way, mashburn wasnt on the 96 team blackcat student...

My Bad
blackcat_student Wrote:My Bad
no problem
96' by about 14 or 15 points, too much talent, they were much better than the Duke Team who beat Kentucky in 92'.
what was the 96 record dident they drop like 3 games or somthing.
the 92 team will forever be loved by wildcat fansConfusedalute:
Battle Tested Wrote:what was the 96 record dident they drop like 3 games or somthing.
the 92 team will forever be loved by wildcat fansConfusedalute:
i believe they lost to Miss ST in the SEC tourny, a final four team. They had lost to Massuchussets with Marcus Camby, but beat them in the final four. Those are the only two i can remember, but it seems like there was another loss in there somewhere...
blackcat_student Wrote:Who would win this matchup ? I'm not very familier with the '92 team but the '96 tean had Tony Delk, Jamal Mashburn, Derek Anderson, Anthony Epps, Antoine Walker, Nazr Mohammed, Jeff Shepperd !

Nope Mash wasnt on the '96 team.

But the '92 team was John Phelphrey,Richie Farmer,Sean Woods,Jamal Mashburn,Darren Feldhaus,and Martinez im thinking idk his first name.

And I would have to go with the 1996 UK team b/c they were bigger and stronger and would dominate them down low b/c the '92 team didnt have a big threat in the post, plus Ron Mercer(who was on the 96 team by the way) had a nact for taking over games and was an awesome player. So I go with team 1996 over team 1992 by atleast 15 points!
i thought travis ford was also on the 92 team?
96' in a ROMP!
96 team would win, with no problems at all.