Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Happy Anniversary!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To....ME

Okay, BGR Family..I have a cheezy little story to share with all of you guys. Some of you will laugh and poke fun; be my guest. What makes this story so cute is that it's entirely 100% true.

I was home from college one summer and was running around with one of my best girlfriends...back then "running around" just meant driving from one drive-in to the other and being seen and seeing who's on the prowl. So, we ran into the guy that I had been dating off and on for years; and of course, we had to pick him up. We weren't dating exclusively, but he was a nice guy and a gentleman and I always enjoyed sharing time with him. My friend was driving her 1968 Camero with bucket seats. So, naturally, my boyfriend and I shared the passengers' bucket seat whilst we continued to "run around". My girlfriend had an agenda..she was famous for running her legs off looking for boys and she had one in particuliar in mind. He had just been released from the Army and she thought he was hot!! We found him soon afterward....wow....he WAS hot!! So, she pulls up beside him and starts a conversation. She eventually asks him if he wants to run around with us, and he tells her "no". He has other things he needs to do...(now WHAT could he have to do on a Saturday night at Denny Ray's??)
He then looks straight at me, but asks my friend, what SHE is doing. (can you believe the arrogance??LOL) My friend replies that "she has who she wants". I looked straight at this new guy and confirmed her statement.
It was a good thing that my boyfriend was a gentleman or he would've punched this arrogant, self absorbed veteran right in the nose!!

So a couple of weeks went by and I kept seeing this guy hanging around. I really didn't like him very much, he had a TransAm that he kept turning the wheels over and was just wayyy too cocky for my taste. I ran into him at a party one night, and he was different somehow...really nice. We talked for a lengthy period of time, and he eventually asked me out on a date. I accepted.

That first date was July 31, 1971. He took me to a restaurant in Kingsport to try and impress me. We both ordered trout. It was served whole, with the eyeball still in the socket. I remember to this day, how I covered it with a piece of lettuce and just sort of moved the food around a little. I couldn't swallow a bite of it and I was so upset, I didn't notice my date was doing the same thing! We went out every single night after that, and for my birthday 08/13, he asked me to go see a move...Love Story (Ryan O'Neal & Aly McGraw). OMG, it was soooo romantic!!

So, we went to the movie and when it was over I was a little teary eyed. The lights came up in the theatre, and there was my date on one knee with an engagement ring in his hand. He told me that I was the most facsinating person he had ever met and that he loved me more than he ever thought he could love someone..would I please be his wife. I said yes...we had dated for two whole weeks.

We planned to wait a while and get married the next June, since our courtship was so fast. At Christmas time, he told me that he didn't want to wait any longer, so we moved the wedding up a few months. We were married 42 years ago today.

The most amazing thing about this story is how much we are still in love. Oh, it's easy to love him but truely remarkable how much he loves me!

So Happy Anniversary Pappy Bear!! I love you so very much!!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA !!!!!!!!!

Congrats!
Granny Bear Wrote:To....ME

Okay, BGR Family..I have a cheezy little story to share with all of you guys. Some of you will laugh and poke fun; be my guest. What makes this story so cute is that it's entirely 100% true.

I was home from college one summer and was running around with one of my best girlfriends...back then "running around" just meant driving from one drive-in to the other and being seen and seeing who's on the prowl. So, we ran into the guy that I had been dating off and on for years; and of course, we had to pick him up. We weren't dating exclusively, but he was a nice guy and a gentleman and I always enjoyed sharing time with him. My friend was driving her 1968 Camero with bucket seats. So, naturally, my boyfriend and I shared the passengers' bucket seat whilst we continued to "run around". My girlfriend had an agenda..she was famous for running her legs off looking for boys and she had one in particuliar in mind. He had just been released from the Army and she thought he was hot!! We found him soon afterward....wow....he WAS hot!! So, she pulls up beside him and starts a conversation. She eventually asks him if he wants to run around with us, and he tells her "no". He has other things he needs to do...(now WHAT could he have to do on a Saturday night at Denny Ray's??)
He then looks straight at me, but asks my friend, what SHE is doing. (can you believe the arrogance??LOL) My friend replies that "she has who she wants". I looked straight at this new guy and confirmed her statement.
It was a good thing that my boyfriend was a gentleman or he would've punched this arrogant, self absorbed veteran right in the nose!!

So a couple of weeks went by and I kept seeing this guy hanging around. I really didn't like him very much, he had a TransAm that he kept turning the wheels over and was just wayyy too cocky for my taste. I ran into him at a party one night, and he was different somehow...really nice. We talked for a lengthy period of time, and he eventually asked me out on a date. I accepted.

That first date was July 31, 1971. He took me to a restaurant in Kingsport to try and impress me. We both ordered trout. It was served whole, with the eyeball still in the socket. I remember to this day, how I covered it with a piece of lettuce and just sort of moved the food around a little. I couldn't swallow a bite of it and I was so upset, I didn't notice my date was doing the same thing! We went out every single night after that, and for my birthday 08/13, he asked me to go see a move...Love Story (Ryan O'Neal & Aly McGraw). OMG, it was soooo romantic!!

So, we went to the movie and when it was over I was a little teary eyed. The lights came up in the theatre, and there was my date on one knee with an engagement ring in his hand. He told me that I was the most facsinating person he had ever met and that he loved me more than he ever thought he could love someone..would I please be his wife. I said yes...we had dated for two whole weeks.

We planned to wait a while and get married the next June, since our courtship was so fast. At Christmas time, he told me that he didn't want to wait any longer, so we moved the wedding up a few months. We were married 42 years ago today.

The most amazing thing about this story is how much we are still in love. Oh, it's easy to love him but truely remarkable how much he loves me!

So Happy Anniversary Pappy Bear!! I love you so very much!!

Happy Anniversary Granny!!:Thumbs:

Wow, you dated two whole weeks, huh!!!.............My wife and I took our time and dated 3 weeks just so we could get to know other REALLY well before she proposed. We even waited another 6 weeks to go down the aisle, and that was almost 30 years ago.....Hate to tell ya this Granny, but these whirlwind romances never last....lol
SHE proposed to YOU!!

Wow, Seger that's a great story!

Whirlwind romances don't ever last. That's why you must continue with them.
Wink
Sounds like a movie plot lol. Good story granny and may it go another 40.
Granny Bear Wrote:SHE proposed to YOU!!

Wow, Seger that's a great story!

Whirlwind romances don't ever last. That's why you must continue with them.
Wink

Weeeeell, now maybe I might have stretched that part just a tad.:biggrin:
Congrats Granny. Loved your story. Happy Anniversary to you & yours.
BTW, your first date was before i was born.

LOL, you knew you wouldnt get by without a jab.
^^
I would've been soooo disappointed without a jab from you, sweetheart!!
Was expecting that one!!

Bob Seger Wrote:Weeeeell, now maybe I might have stretched that part just a tad.:biggrin:

hmmmm.....that's what I thought!!
Confusednicker:
Happy Anniversary Granny.
Great story!
Happy anniversary darling. What an incredible story for such a wonderful couple! It goes to show you that when God picks them for us, we have no choice but to take them! You two are blessed, and I pray that the blessing continues for another 42 years and it finishes in heaven with the two of you side-by-side!

God bless!
Happy 42nd Anniversary to the Bears...:Thumbs:

Awesome story Granny, thank you for sharing and exemplifying what steadfast vows are all about. God bless you both!
Thank you everyone! Writing that story down was a real kick for me. Brought back some really cool memories.
happy anniversry granny...guess you'll be celebrating at the game tonight
Oh, definately planning on going to the game to watch the boys walk in homecoming...especially the senior boy!

Celebrating; however, will come AFTER the game!
Wink

What's wrong with you anyway??
That is an awesome story, Granny Bear. Happy Anniversary and all the best to you two!!! God bless both of you!
Does it get better after 40 years? Because my wife has driven me nuts for the first 8....
To be quite candid, yes it does!!

By the time you get to say 25 years, you've been through so much together that one of two things normally happen. You are either 1) divorced or 2) grown so close from helping each other that you are almost one person.

I'm very thankful that my marriage has been option 2!
That first date was July 31, 1971.

I dont believe this part because it had to be about 1941 but.............I'm just kidding Granny, congrats on the anniversary and I think this is a great story and I hope that my story with my wife goes as long as yours.
I hope for you a longer and happier future Double!!
February 17 marks the 31st anniversary of Mr's Dusty and I's first date. August will mark our 27th wedding anniversary. July will be my daughter's 23rd birthday, so it was great to have the time to really get to know each other and lesrn so much about ourselves. Now with our 29 year-old son virtually out on his own, the misses and I are virtually on our own again, and still being in our 40's, I really look forward to another 40+ years of honeymoon. We are loving life and find something fun and new to do or experience every week! Love has conquered all.
Awwww, I LOVE this crap!!!!

Congratulations Dusty, you deserve this security and happiness!! And congratulatons to Mrs. Dusty as I'm sure she deserves it, too.

See Gut, it really DOES get better.
Stardust Wrote:February 17 marks the 31st anniversary of Mr's Dusty and I's first date. August will mark our 27th wedding anniversary. July will be my daughter's 23rd birthday, so it was great to have the time to really get to know each other and learn so much about ourselves. Now with our 29 year-old son virtually out on his own, the misses and I are virtually on our own again, and still being in our 40's, I really look forward to another 40+ years of honeymoon. We are loving life and find something fun and new to do or experience every week! Love has conquered all.

That's awesome man, congratulations on that special relationship and I wish you to the best and hope that you have many more enjoyable years with your loved one. God bless you both!

I know one thing - I look forward to the next 40+ years of making your life miserable on BGR! Confusednicker:
That's one awesome story!