Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central's Participation In The All "A"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When it comes to the All "A" freshman are not considered in the enrollment. With that said Knott Central's enrollment minus freshman is around 450 give or take a few. The All "A" takes the 125 smallest schools. So with Knott's numbers they fall into the 125 smallest schools, which makes them eligible for the All "A". Knott's enrollment is down this year, so if they where around there normal enrollment Knott wouldn't be participating. Hopefully this helps everyone understand.
^ and the boys team didnt wish to participate, but was told it was all or nothing in regards to allowing just the girls to play. Therefore, they participated.
Wasnt knott co in the all a in 2007 also?
^no
http://www.allaclassic.org/All%20A%20Arc...ackets.pdf
I thought they was so I looked it up they lost the only game they played in it.
I couldnt remember so I checked there schedule and it didnt show it, but obviously they where...
Yea I looked there first also an it didnt show a all a tourney tag... But I was thinking I had watched them play in the all a b4 it was when Scott Mosley an Michael Lindon played for knott
^ pretty sure you're right.
Downtown10 Wrote:When it comes to the All "A" freshman are not considered in the enrollment. With that said Knott Central's enrollment minus freshman is around 450 give or take a few. The All "A" takes the 125 smallest schools. So with Knott's numbers they fall into the 125 smallest schools, which makes them eligible for the All "A". Knott's enrollment is down this year, so if they where around there normal enrollment Knott wouldn't be participating. Hopefully this helps everyone understand.

They've been counting freshmen for years.
^When did they stop counting freshman? Iam positive Cordia filed full enrollment every year when entering. But their always a giving anyway.
When the All A started in 1990, they used the KHSAA numbers for Class A football, which left out freshmen.
That changed a few years later. They've been counting freshman for 15 years or more, I think.
^ If thats true. And im sayin 100% true. Then no possible way knott should be in anytype of all a tournament.
Plain and simple.. KHSAA has NOTHING to do with the all A. It is essentially an invitational tournament. If a school pays a membership fee, they are in it. It NOT sanctioned or endorsed by KHSAA in any way. It started with good intentions, but like most things..you get the picture.
I don't know about that. Knott's enrollment is down like so many eastern Kentucky schools.
KCC must be in the bottom 125 in 9-12 enrollment or else they wouldn't be invited. Please, these people have put this tournament together for awhile and know how to do it.

Shut up about it please...tired of this discussion.
Stlcardsfan Wrote:KCC must be in the bottom 125 in 9-12 enrollment or else they wouldn't be invited. Please, these people have put this tournament together for awhile and know how to do it.

Shut up about it please...tired of this discussion.

Not according to downtown. U mean 10-12.
^ I'm not downtown...going by what I've looked up....so I mean 9-12
Knott qualified as one of the lowest 125 enrollment schools in the state, and those numbers are 9-12 grades, not the top 3.
if they meet the criteria they might as well take advantage of a very nice statewide invitational tournament, just like Shelby Valley and other schools that have lost enrollment over the years have done. I see no problem with it.
Downtown10 Wrote:I couldnt remember so I checked there schedule and it didnt show it, but obviously they where...

I think back then, they went strictly by numbers and Knott Co. qualified. Shortly, thereafter, they went to the bottom 125 which excluded Knott. Last year, they decided to go to the bottom 130, which put KCC back in. Can't blame KCC for playing in it especially if both teams had to play in order for the girls to compete. I think KCC's boys had planned on playing in another tournament in Lexington during that time, but had to cancel it due to the All A.

On a side note, 130 teams is way too many to call it an All A. They should just call it the Touchstone Energy Classic and drop the All A name, because it clearly isn't. Isn't 130 teams about half of the teams in the state?
The "they" that changed the requirements for eligibility is Touchstone Energy, they underwrite this tourney, they call the shots. Think about it in $$$ terms, that's why the larger schools have suddenly become "All A Tourney" eligible. It's becoming a joke, not what was intended in 1990.
It's really close to half. I think there are around 270 teams now statewide.
You could look at it like the state is divided in half - A and AA - for basketball.
I agree with we bleed blue. The tournament has outlived its original purpose. In the 14 th only avout 5 of the schools are not in the all a. Might as well be the regular regional tournament. We now see schools win the all a state and then turn around and win the state tournament. Either keep the original purpose "for the small schools" or change the name.
I was told by kcc admin. That kcc got into the all a because there enrollment was down and freshman where not counted.
Either way, we are in it, so let's win it tonight...Go PATS
I agree with mad dog - they ought to just forfiet this rinky dink tournament!
Per All A Classic board member... They take the bottom 125 schools in KDE enrollment numbers. Invitations are extended... If schools in this block (125) decline invite they then go to school 126 and so on... I do not know where KCC fits in this equation
With all the consolidations of high schools over the years, KCC may be one of the smallest 130 schools or slipped in for lower enrollment but it is still not an All A school in the true sense of the word. They are a very talented team and should do well if they win the region but I'm for the underdog in this one. Go Wolves!
The Touchstone Energy All A Classic along with a few bigger schools. The 125 number should be dropped down. Nothing against Knott, because I know the boys squad didn't even want in, but the so called All A is becoming a JOKE and should be either revised or dissolved. And that's a fact Jack!
Totally agree !! Not all a anymore !!!
A=aa=aaa
Being eligible for it doesn't mean you HAVE to participate. Can't really see what benefit Knott thinks this is for them. They are the favorite, or at least co-fave with PCC, for
the 14th regional, and played in the Sweet 16 last year. Looks like the best they could hope for, even if they won the whole thing, would be that it doesn't become a distraction toward the real goal.
Pages: 1 2