Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2013 Mcdonald's All-American Nominees
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
China Dow (Christian Academy of Louisville)
Makayla Epps (Marion County)
Kyvin Goodin-Rogers (Marion County)
Rebecca Greenwell (Owensboro Catholic)
Katelyn Newsome (Sheldon Clark)
Not to bash anyone, but how did the girl from Sheldon Clark make it. I watched her play & she really didn't do much.
thank you, i agree....no harm intended, but it just doesnt make sense...snowbirding shouldn't constitute a McD's AA....should it?
I believe Kayla Styles should've been the 5th person, Taylor Porter is the best senior in the 15th. I do believe KY will have their 2nd McDonald's AA this year and a very good chance at their 3rd
Katelyn Newsome???? She's not even the best player in the region. My vote goes to Taylor Porter.
Taylor porter is a good player, but she's no McDonalds AA. I watched her play the other night at the expo and they got destroyd by Magoffin by 30. I don't think there is a senior in the 15th worthy of this maybe besides Breanna Fraley of Shelby Valley
These are just nominees. The actual selection isn't until February 14th.
Two will make it.
^ correct lol
Greenwell will be selected. Epps... Possibly, but I doubt 2 players will be selected from Kentucky
Newsome totally surprises me. She's not even the best player on the team, district, or region.
Get a life people! Why get on a public forum and bash a 17 year old kid. Seems you are a little jealous. Typical Eastern Ky. people. Sure I would like to have seen my hometown player, or even my daughter get this honor, but she didn't. I know Ms. Newsome my daughter and her are friends. I have watched her play and followed her career through out the papers and on the basketball court. She is a fine young lady that shows a lot of class on and off the court. Not only is she an awesome basketball player, but a first class person. I don't know her career totals, but I am sure they are impressive. I did read where she was a 2012 Governor Scholar and is going to be attending one of the top academic colleges in the country. Maybe one Eastern Ky. kid that sees the big picture. Ms. Newsome keep up the good work and I want to say I have enjoyed watching you play and I for one am proud that you represent our region. What a fine young role model.
Hey Lillian, How Ya Know two will make it. You always seem confident with your messages.
Let me start out by saying Boyd county played awesome. Great game plan and you came to play. You deserve the win. Now Ashland,,I hope this taught them something, they have relied to much on Robinson(including coaches). She is a great player but Pete had a plan and Ashland had NO plays to run against it, plus the 3s were not falling. No movement, everyone standing around.
Now let me say Ashland is a great team and I think they will be more prepared next time. Coaches and players plus there's not to many nights that at least one of these girls not hot behind the three. I will still go with kittens going to diddle this year,,hands down.
dukelover Wrote:Get a life people! Why get on a public forum and bash a 17 year old kid. Seems you are a little jealous. Typical Eastern Ky. people. Sure I would like to have seen my hometown player, or even my daughter get this honor, but she didn't. I know Ms. Newsome my daughter and her are friends. I have watched her play and followed her career through out the papers and on the basketball court. She is a fine young lady that shows a lot of class on and off the court. Not only is she an awesome basketball player, but a first class person. I don't know her career totals, but I am sure they are impressive. I did read where she was a 2012 Governor Scholar and is going to be attending one of the top academic colleges in the country. Maybe one Eastern Ky. kid that sees the big picture. Ms. Newsome keep up the good work and I want to say I have enjoyed watching you play and I for one am proud that you represent our region. What a fine young role model.
She's a dirty player right with the rest of the team, with the exception of Candace Porter. When you win your games by mugging your opponents, I guess you easily up your personal scoring percentage and "LOOK" like you're a great player. Maybe if we start teaching all of our players to do it this way, we'll have several more in this area do the same. Coach Rice should be ashamed of himself!
I have known Katelyn since she was small child and watched grow up in the gym. Why berate a 17 year -old for a simple nomination and far as her being a dirty player that is totaly false. This young lady has her life on the right track by putting academics ahead of sports and she has been nothing but a role model for her younger sister and the younger players and has 4. 0 gpa. She is total student / athlete and does not deserve to be bashed on here and hopefully the moderator will close this tread down.
Some people are idiots no one should be on here talking bad about the players. So grow up. You probably wouldn't even do it if u didn't have a username and had to put your real name. These girls got picked so get over it!
Bball Mom Wrote:She's a dirty player right with the rest of the team, with the exception of Candace Porter. When you win your games by mugging your opponents, I guess you easily up your personal scoring percentage and "LOOK" like you're a great player. Maybe if we start teaching all of our players to do it this way, we'll have several more in this area do the same. Coach Rice should be ashamed of himself!

LMAO !!! OMG !!!! Really? Did your baby get cut or something? :Sad04:
Oh no, she actually had her pinky toe stepped on Smile
Lol I dont think Katlyn would hurt a fly. Shes a great kid and a great ball player. she has improved every year she has been in high school and she works hard to improve her game. If youve ever seen her shoot you know she has a great mid range game and can shoot the long ball. She has the chance to play at the next level and further her education. She got nominated for an award that she deserves imo. What you think doesnt matter only the committe that selects the atheletes.
I hope Becca makes it. However, her knee has not been the best this season. She has missed quite a few games, but I do believe that she is playing this week in the All "A". Great player and better yet a great/awesome young lady!
Pretty sure I used the phrase "not to bash anyone" lol. You take things way to personal no one is bashing the young lady just giving their opinion that she isn't good enough to be an AA. And just because your a classy person doesn't mean you should get this honer. I'm sure girls don't win basketball games for being classy people lol. The best players play & the best teams win. Period. No excuses.
[QUOTE=the best teams win. Period. No excuses.[/QUOTE]

That is not always true, that "the best teams win." Just sayin
I wasn't bashing either and I don't have a daughter that plays to have been jealous about. Some people take things too personally. I have seen several teams in the 15th play, including Shelby Valley and Lawrence Co, and I don't think there is a player in the region that is worthy. Her academics aren't what should get her chosen, it's talent.
Mountaineer Man Wrote:That is not always true, that "the best teams win." Just sayin

I see where your coming from when you say that. I should've put "The best teams should win." But the whole point here is I the girl don't deserve it because o her skills then she damn sure don't deserve it because her grades. If you can play ball then you can play ball.
Nice too see that two names mentioned will be playing at UK next year.
Can't wait to watch Epps play!