Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: (Rumor) Breathitt County/Jackson City Merging?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Lucky7 Wrote:Here would be my recomendation for the 14th

Owsley Co.
Wolfe Co.
Buckhorn
Lee Co.

Perry Co.
Hazard
Leslie
Breathitt Co.

Letcher Central
Knott Co.
Cordia
Jenkins

Riverside
JBS
Red Bird
Oneida Baptist

That last district would be a little messed up geographically however they would be able to compete on a consistent basis.

And Perry and Buckhorn would never be seperated.

I think if you change Breathitt and Buckhorn this works. Perry and Buckhorn will stay together and Wolfe/Lee/Brethitt/Owsley are all connected in some way so it makes sense for them.:ChairHit:
Actually, since Jackson has been open longer, the school name would have to include "Jackson" in its name, and if Im not mistaken, the "Jackson" would have to come before the "Breathitt". Could be wrong on the last part though.
OhHereWeGo Wrote:Isn't that up to Breathitt County? Coaching positions are extra curriculars that are typically year to year.

Yes it would be up to Breathitt, but would Fugate offer JCS coaches a position on his staff?
OldManMountain Wrote:Will Coach Back and his staff be given a chance to coach at Breathitt?

I know these men. They have way too much pride to join that staff. It would never be offered but if it were, there is nooooo way. Also their kids would probably not even be at this school. They would probably be helping coach their kids at a different school. I'd say these kids wont be forced to go anywhere.
^I respect a person's loyalty like that.

Any new news on this merger rumor?
As a Breathitt Alum, I hope there isn't a merger with Breathitt/Jackson. With that being said, it appears the school will be closing at the end of the school year. As a community, if the merger happens we need to come together as one and be proud of our kids and our school. We have too many negatives in Breathitt County as it is.
Smackthefloor Wrote:I know these men. They have way too much pride to join that staff. It would never be offered but if it were, there is nooooo way. Also their kids would probably not even be at this school. They would probably be helping coach their kids at a different school. I'd say these kids wont be forced to go anywhere.

Since merger is looking evident based on Cat Daddy's statement, what will JC's coaching staff do?
gentryhayes Wrote:Actually, since Jackson has been open longer, the school name would have to include "Jackson" in its name, and if Im not mistaken, the "Jackson" would have to come before the "Breathitt". Could be wrong on the last part though.

I guess you're joking. The school name doesn't change.
gentryhayes Wrote:Actually, since Jackson has been open longer, the school name would have to include "Jackson" in its name, and if Im not mistaken, the "Jackson" would have to come before the "Breathitt". Could be wrong on the last part though.

I'm hoping you are joking. Look at all the other schools that have merged. Do you see Richmond or Maysville in any of the names?
OhHereWeGo Wrote:I'm hoping you are joking. Look at all the other schools that have merged. Do you see Richmond or Maysville in any of the names?

I don't know, but we do have Madisonville-North Hopkins, Allen Co-Scottsville and Franklin-Simpson for example.
I'm pretty sure those are the original names for those schools.
I don't remember any changing names after a school closes.
Observing Wrote:I don't know, but we do have Madisonville-North Hopkins, Allen Co-Scottsville and Franklin-Simpson for example.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allen_Count...igh_School

Allen County-Scottsville High School is located in Scottsville, Kentucky. It was formed in the fall of 1974 by the consolidation of Scottsville High School and Allen County High School. It is the only high school in Allen County, Kentucky.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Madisonvill...igh_School

Madisonville-North Hopkins High School (MNHHS) opened in Madisonville, Kentucky in fall 1968. The school, located on Hanson Road, replaced the old Madisonville High School. Classes had graduated from the Spring Street facility from 1939-1968. The building now houses Browning Springs Middle School. MNHHS is one of two high schools in the Hopkins County school district, the other being Hopkins County Central High School, with which MNHHS has a "heated" rivalry.
I'm doubting that Breathitt adds anything to their name.

Any more news on this? Or are we still hearing rumors?
OhHereWeGo Wrote:I'm doubting that Breathitt adds anything to their name.

Any more news on this? Or are we still hearing rumors?

The new rumor is that Jackson City Schools just received a large private donation that may allow them to stay open for at least he foreseeable future. And I do mean LARGE
Altro Cat Wrote:The new rumor is that Jackson City Schools just received a large private donation that may allow them to stay open for at least he foreseeable future. And I do mean LARGE

Glad to hear that if that is true. Wonder where and how they got this large amount of money.
Rumor is that the donation was turned down by higher authorities.
Was told JCS had a packed house at the board meeting tonight. Any news?
This is a sports forum not Topix.

They are not consolidating.JCS is shutting down because they are broke.Keep this board about sports.
clipperw Wrote:http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/...53431.html

Finally we have some news and it is some good news.
BobcatStuckInPowell Wrote:They are not consolidating.JCS is shutting down because they are broke.Keep this board about sports.

If they close, they WILL consolidate, it's not a matter of choice in that.
It's laid out pretty straightforward in the KRS. Question is do
they have to close or not? And rumors about large donations
and/or turning them down are unfounded.
Could their be any players transfering to other systems? While this is good news, you would think that people wouldn't want to deal with the possibility of the school system closing.
OhHereWeGo Wrote:Finally we have some news and it is some good news.

There wasn't any news in that. Everything stated in that article could have been predicted by anyone. Of course Spencer is going to say they aren't closing anytime soon.
Observing Wrote:And rumors about large donations
and/or turning them down are unfounded.

I agree. I stated earlier that rumor was they were given a donation but that isn't the case. They have been kicking some tires on donations though which is understandable in their situation.
Pages: 1 2 3