Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lafayette 74 Perry County Central 70
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final
What happen to the Commodores in the 2nd half?
Justin Johnson with 30 points and 11 rebounds.
I heard that Jackson Davis also had 30 points for Lafayette.
What? I was looking at updates and it seemed like PCC was cruising the entire game. Congrats Lafayette!
Perry played great in the first half and fell apart in the second. Johnson had 23 of his 30 in the first half with 5 or 6 dunks, but only had 7 in the second half. Very fun game to watch. Two good teams.
This was a tough loss for the Commodores!
To many turnovers and got a little winded from Lafayette pressure they double team Beverly and Perry turn the ball over to much The two bigs for Perry still need to get in shape.
I was at this game and PCC played well enough to win they just did not make the plays in the end and Lafayette made like 12/14 freethrows down the stretch. PCC started out on fire, the Generals pressed and Beverly ate it up with Johnson getting 6 slams in the first half. In the second half Ballboy is right they doubled Beverly on the press and the other boys probably had 7-8 turnovers in the third quarter. The 4th quarter the game was tied at 55 all and went back and forth until the end. PCC had the ball and 1 point lead with a min and a half just could not convert. It did appear to me they were fatigued but Lafayette played very well in the second half and Jackson Davis scored alot in the open court. Not a bad loss because PCC could have won and Lafayette would give anybody in the 14th region trouble with their size. They started two 6'8" had two others that were 6'5" and 6'6" respectivly. No excuses but toward the end of the game their guys could get rebounds by using their reach and just tipping the ball to themselves. Beverly is starting to become a great point guard,(ie running the offense, not forcing shots, playing in rythm
,and getting the ball the right place).
Mister B Wrote:I was at this game and PCC played well enough to win

If they played well enough to win, they would have won.
baller4lyfe Wrote:If they played well enough to win, they would have won.

My bad evidently you're a genius. I'm just an average fan that was at the game.
Would have loved to watched these two teams play. Both teams have great size inside.
baller4lyfe Wrote:If they played well enough to win, they would have won.

I love how you took part of a sentence and tried to misrepresent it to support your narrowminded agenda. I said they played well enough to win they just did not make the plays down the stretch. I did not say they won the game they were in position to be able to win. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows you cannot win everygame its all just preparation for the tournament. The point is Lafayette is a good team with D-1 talent and college size, if they play well the can beat anybody. Losing a close game to a team like this that played well is not the end of the world and will only harden PCC for the rest of the year. PCC is playing well and their schedule makes other team's schedules in our region look like a grade school schedule. This to me is one of the major reason PCC is more legit than other teams in our region because they have played a alot tougher teams and won a majority of their games as well being undefeated in the region. Jealousy and hatred will get you nowhere give credit when credit is due.
Mister B Wrote:I love how you took part of a sentence and tried to misrepresent it to support your narrowminded agenda. I said they played well enough to win they just did not make the plays down the stretch. I did not say they won the game they were in position to be able to win. Anyone who knows anything about basketball knows you cannot win everygame its all just preparation for the tournament. The point is Lafayette is a good team with D-1 talent and college size, if they play well the can beat anybody. Losing a close game to a team like this that played well is not the end of the world and will only harden PCC for the rest of the year. PCC is playing well and their schedule makes other team's schedules in our region look like a grade school schedule. This to me is one of the major reason PCC is more legit than other teams in our region because they have played a alot tougher teams and won a majority of their games as well being undefeated in the region. Jealousy and hatred will get you nowhere give credit when credit is due.
Hey, it was your words not mine. Fact of the matter is, if they played well enough to win, they would have won. Simple as that.
Everyone make sure to take a look at this highlight reel

Perry is the team to beat in the 14th in my opinion. Big, physical, and good guard play.
Dunk city!!!