Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pulaski County's Taylor Gover, McDonald's All American Nominee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Taylor Gover of the Pulaski County Maroons has been named as a nominee for the 2013 McDonald's All American game!

CONGRATS TAYLOR!!!!
The kid from Bullitt East wasn't a nominee?
Congrats to Taylor Gover and his entire family, such a great honor.
As good of a player he is, he's an even better person.
congrats gover. I believe there were 10 players from ky that was nominated. anyone got the list?
Can someone post a highlight of this kid? Never heard or seen him before.
William Gary (Paul Laurence Dunbar)
Taylor Gover (Pulaski County)
Dominique Hawkins (Madison Central)
Darryl Hicks (Trinity)
Lavonne Holland (Ballard)
Omar Prewitt (Montgomery County)
Mike Smith (Paul Laurence Dunbar)
Rusty Troutman (Bullitt East)
Jack Whitman (Lexington Catholic)
Derek Willis (Bullitt East)
Cong: to Mr. Gover, Nice!!
Congratulations to Taylor, and as good as he is Kody Johnson from Pulaski may be just as good.
Congrats!
Nice to see all these KY boys nominated! And congrats to them all for that accomplishment! But I wonder if any of them will be on the actual roster for the game?
Gover has the complete game Top 5 player in the state in my opinion
Just a few video clips from a few games we attended last season (JR year)
Here's the complete list: http://mcdepk.com/2013allamericangames/m...rls%29.pdf

Findlay Prep (Nevada), Huntington Prep (West Virginia) and Paul VI (Virginia) each had five different players nominated.
Great Player! Anyone know where he is going to college?
All the top NAIA schools around are dreulling over him is what I hear but I think that if he holds out he can go much higher. He has a very high IQ for the game. But it wouldn't surprise me if he goes to Cumberland in the footsteps of his uncle, and that would be a steal for The university of the Cumberlands
Tribe Wrote:Gover has the complete game Top 5 player in the state in my opinion

Good player, but not that good.. Love the kid though
With the right team around him I think he could be the best You gotta look at what's around him There are no other ball handlers on that team and he has no post presence to look for. A lot rides solely on him
Tribe Wrote:With the right team around him I think he could be the best You gotta look at what's around him There are no other ball handlers on that team and he has no post presence to look for. A lot rides solely on him
No one is denying that he is a great player, but to say he has no help is ridiculous. There are several ball handlers on that team And scorer's as well. Don't discredit the other good players that help Taylor night in and night out. I would venture to say they probably have the top three players in the district in Kody Johnson, Tyler Goins and Gover in no particular order. maybe even the region. I think as smart as Taylor is he would vouch for that.
Congrats to the young man
Tribe Wrote:With the right team around him I think he could be the best You gotta look at what's around him There are no other ball handlers on that team and he has no post presence to look for. A lot rides solely on him
Cant believe someone who has ever watched Pulaski basketball could say that there is no team around Gover! You have 3 of the top 5 players in the 12th region, in Gover, Johnson and Goins and a decent post player that they dont use and one of the best defenders in #3 Burton. The rest of the team is what makes Gover. If there is alot riding solely on him then thats the way the coaches want it. As for ball handlers there are 3 legitimate ball handlers for the 12th region in Burton, Hall and Goins. You must be seeing a different game from where your sitting.
Not discrediting any of the other guys on the team but from what I've seen he's definitely the engine of that team. I would say the same about Kapinga with SW, without those two running their teams both teams would be .500 ball clubs. It would be hard to deny that
You mean he wants to be a low paid special Ed teacher and a crappy assistant coach?

How can someone so close to this team make such comments? Everyone outside of Pulaski basketball knows who you are. Better hope parents and players dont find out or there might be trouble!!!!!! And for the last comment about Pulaski being a .500 team without Gover, that is ridiculous!!! Pulaski is a region contender with or without. Johnson and Goins can be dynamic together!!!
Lets please stay on topic here...
Tribe Wrote:Not discrediting any of the other guys on the team but from what I've seen he's definitely the engine of that team. I would say the same about Kapinga with SW, without those two running their teams both teams would be .500 ball clubs. It would be hard to deny that
Pulaski has a well rounded team-but they would also struggle if Goins or Johnson went down. With that being said Gover handles the ball for them , so he is very important to their offensive scheme but I don't believe any more so than the other two . Basically what I am trying to get across is without all three of the "big guns" they are going to have a hard time winning the region, but with all three contributing they are the hands down favorite in my opinion.
With or without Gover, Pulaski would be a regional contender and well above a .500 team. Johnson and Goins can be dynamic. What success have they had come regional tourney time "with"
Congrats to Taylor! Is that Al's son or nephew?
Flag_football_stud Wrote:You mean he wants to be a low paid special Ed teacher and a crappy assistant coach?

Exactly right, ecspecially when the team he is putting down is the same team he is helping coach.
Pages: 1 2