Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: "Idol" Contestant Chris Daughtry Says No to Fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GREENSBORO, N.C. - No "Fuel" in Chris Daughtry's future, the American Idol contestant said Saturday.

Daughtry was offered a lead singing role with the band last month after he was eliminated in the second-to-last round of the popular Fox television show. Fuel's lead singer, Brett Scallions, quit the multi-platinum rock band in February.

But before beginning a day of welcome-home appearances, Daughtry said Saturday that he has decided against the gig with Fuel and expects to announce his next career move in a few months, probably after the American Idol concert tour ends this summer.

"I'm going to be doing my own thing," Daughtry said.

Daughtry said he had meetings late last week with entertainment executives in New York and took in a concert by Pearl Jam.

___
That's cool. He can make a future going solo and keep the money to himself that way.
I still would have liked to seen him with fuel..
He will make it..
I hope he doesn't go solo, I do feel he will make it regardless of what he does. I'd like to see him stick with his band, Absent Element. No one from American Idol has done that.
Chris and Absent Element has some good songs out already you can get them off of Limewire.
He's amazing. I <3 him lots lol.
I think Chris missed a great opportunity with Fuel. Fuel has made a big name for themselves and Chris is well-suited for their music. I just don't see Absent Element becoming a widespread band like Fuel anytime soon....

BTW, what happened to Fuel's frontman? I think he has a terrific voice. Did he go solo?