Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New Perry Central Softball Transfer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone heard anything about the new freshman transfer?
Who is she and where is she from?
Figures!
I think she came from out of the sky.
Like the rest of them.
cougarpride08 Wrote:Like the rest of them.

You mad?
Why would anyone transfer to Perry because of softball??? It's nothing compare to there basketball program. I can understand transfering because of basketball but softball????
Huh, let's see why someone would go to PCC for softball.
1. They have a great hard working coach and good assistants.
2. They have the best player in the region and best pitcher. Whitney Back.
3. They have and indoor complex to practice in year around.
4. They play about 50 games a year.
5. No they don't have a fancy field but they have lights and the field is adequate.
6. Hazard is the nicest town to live in. In the 14th Region. Has the most stuff to do.
7. Randy Napier doesn't care if his basketball players
Play softball, he is very supportive.
8. Perry also has some good young players coming up.
Well there's a few reasons why someone would want to go to Perry to play softball.
Those are not good reasons... Some are incorrect... Oh yea are you sure there playing about 50 games a year???? You better check there previous years schedule... it's way off... also you better check bylaw 25 limit of season with KHSAA.... ???? best player and pitcher????? I have to disagree.... sorry..... Will PCC ever win the 14th???? Good luck to you all....
Well enlighten me on what is incorrect about what I said. Who is better than the Back girl in this region?
Everything may not be on the schedule just so you know.
The_Rock Wrote:Well enlighten me on what is incorrect about what I said. Who is better than the Back girl in this region?

Your only allowed 36 games during the regular season, coaches schedule way over that because they know that they are gonna have some that are gonna get canceled due to weather. Perry Central played 30 games last year in the regular season.

As far as Whitney Back being the best pitcher/player in the region, your off. You have Gross/Edwards at Estill, Stambaugh at Jenkins, Wells at Powell. I'm not taking nothing away from her she's a dandy of a pitcher/player but she's not the best in the region, every team has good players.

You are only allowed 36 games a season (before district tournament) and 2 scrimmages.

http://khsaa.org/handbook/bylaws/bylaw25...bl25fp.pdf
Those girls are not in Whitney's league. They do only a few things for their team and are very limited. Whitney can play every position on the field and hits the piss out of the ball. She just don't have as much around her like the other teams do. Hopefully things will change this year.

And what do those other so called stars do for their basketball teams? Lol, they aren't true athletes because they probably don't know how to bounce a basketball. Do they play other sports? Doubt it.
You are funny.Gross dominated Perry in the regional championship same regional championship that Back was pitching in. Gross pitched at least I know of 1 perfect game last year, maybe 2. 1 was against a very good Richmond Model team at their place.
Well Rock I would have backed you up on most of what you said until you got a little out of touch. The Back kid is a great athlete , but 1st of all we are talking about softball not basketball , so lets stay on track . I've seen her up here in Lexington in travel ball and at pcc and watched her in several games as a pitcher in the 14th shes a 8 out of 10 . up here she's a 6 out of 10 as a pitcher . No doubt she's a great player but there is a lot of girls that contribute as we'll as she does for there team. I agree Pcc is getting better all the time but let's not get ahead of our selves there coaches are doing a good job from what I've seen but let's not praise 1 kid and down the rest of them saying she's not getting any help they seem to have as many good support player as any other team in the 14th.
Strikeout king bring yourself to the basketball game Tuesday night. Lets see who prevails and what Whitney does to your itty biddy lady cabooses. Yeah I get a little off base at times but its easy to when I am fighting with you over the Internet. Whitney would be the best player on Estill County's team if she ahead for them same goes for Richmond Model. Didn't even know model had a school still. Estill is a little ahead of everyone else in the region but everyone is closing in.
Never downed her team mates but they need to learn to hit and make ROUTINE plays. They do that and they can win this weak little region. Strikeout, please stop acting like Estill is a state champion please.....
This has nothing to do with basketball this is a softball forum. Everyone's closing in on Estill? LOL Estill has dominiated this region since coming over. 80-3 vs. Region opponents alone. Estill has destroyed Perry Central twice out of three times they've played, Estill won all 3. She was on two of those 3 Perry Central teams that Estill faced, not sure if she played in 08 while she was in middle school. Like I said and fastpitch said, she's a good player but she's not the best in region.

And the basketball game is tomorrow, Monday, not Tuesday, if it doesn't get canceled due to weather.
Rock I suggest you keep shut concerning games played. If there playing more and not reporting them you could be opening up something bad for them. As for best pitchers I have seen at least 4-5 pitchers that are better. Now she is an athlete. She is better on the field and If PCC had a top pitcher than maybe they could make some noise but she can't do it all. PCC, the times I have seen them play, are probably 3-4 positions from having a strong team. They don't really play a strong schedule. Actually they don't play much of a schedule at all. Sorry but fact is fact.
Seen Back kid play in summer but never seen her play in high school. She better middle infielder than pitcher.
I agree with the rock, but let's not mention names on here as it may upset a child. Just keep it to teams. PCC is getting better as their coaches are getting more experienced. Let's keep in mind the girl you are speaking of has started on the varsity team since 6th grade and has had 5 different coaches. I think the present coaches are entering their 3rd season and this continuity is helping the girls. And last years championship game that girl only pitched 1 or 2 innings and they had so many errors the coach felt it best to play her in the field to strengthen the defense. It didn't work and estill was the best team that day. Good luck to all teams. Kids that read these boards just remember that this is just adults giving their opinion and no harm is ment towards you. Just play hard and prove yourself to those that don't know you. The girl you mention is a great kid that works hard on and off the field, curtious and kind to everyone. Is a straight A student. And loves to compete in softball and basketball. Just sometime walk up to her as a total stranger and see how she treats you! I'm sure she will make you wish you didn't talk about her on here.
Amen warmachine!!!!!! In my eyes Whitney is the best player in the region. All you are entitled to your own opinion though.
War I never said anything negative towards the kid...I think she is a very good athlete. I know her from summer ball. But not the best softball player in the region. Which if you notice I never brought names up. The rock brought names to the table. I couldn't understand why someone would transfer to PCC for softball. Basketball I completely understand. All I was saying.
The_Rock Wrote:Those girls are not in Whitney's league. They do only a few things for their team and are very limited. Whitney can play every position on the field and hits the piss out of the ball. She just don't have as much around her like the other teams do. Hopefully things will change this year.

And what do those other so called stars do for their basketball teams? Lol, they aren't true athletes because they probably don't know how to bounce a basketball. Do they play other sports? Doubt it.

I just got on here just to see what this was all about. There is not a year that goes by that teams in the eastern part of the 14th doesn't have transfers. KHSAA needs to fix this, but I understand why they don't care that much. Transfer all you want, they can only compete in the region, not the state.
To the comments above, seriously? Wells, for Powell, is the starting point guard. They have lost two games in the region, one to PCC at PCC by 2. She is a great all around player. She pitcher her team, as a freshman, to the finals of the region.
I have read many of your comment and notices that you must not get out of Perry very much because how do you not know that Richmond Model didn't have a team or school. Really?
This is a softball thread and as much as I wish Estill wasn't the best, I have to give them their due. It is hard to compete with them. They are full of stars. I do think that Powell had lots of talent, but they are not pushed like the Estill girls are.
So, you need to travel the state and then you will notice what talent really is. Two of the best talents, for girls, in the region all time ( Sizemore and the girls that transfered to PCC) have went to Eastern and Western Kentucky. They were great for the region, but for the state.....they were ok. Research all the D1 talent in the state.
So great for the 14th will get you to OVC, and that is really good, but more than likely ALC or something like that.
Ok what does it take for a girl to get a ride to the University of Kentucky in softball?
Does the girl have to be 6'1-185. Hit the ball 400 feet? Run a 6.7 -60? Never strike out? What do you have to be able to do? You never hear of anyone signing with UK in softball from the mountains.
LOL Johnny those are pretty good but if she runs a 6.7 60 feet that's not going to get her anywhere.. lol I assume you mean 60 yards and you don't need to measaure in yards. But what it takes is alot and alot of hard work. Playing softball all summer and fall. Playing for a high level travel ball team ... That means like louisville sluggers, tenn fury, corona angels, firecrackers etc.... playing out of the state of Ky... going to the school camp... But you have to understand you won't get a full ride, more like a partial or some nothing at all... some pitchers and catchers may get more... You also have to understand that some these girls are working weights and speed training... It takes alot of work, attitude, mental preparation to play at that level and I mean alot. I believe there has been kids that walked on at D1 programs but not played. I'm trying to recall but can't remember. Now I'm talking softball. Shoot now days you have 2016 that have verbal. Go to goldfastpitch.com and to the right you can see the verbals so far. But remember there are very few full rides...
oops oh yea Johnny make sure your athletes are registered with the ncaa clearing house and naia clearing house. If they want to play at ncaa I II III or naia they have to be registered.
I will tell you what I know about getting recruited to uk for softball. I know Lawson a little and have talked to her about a dozen times and this is my opinion from talking with her . A kid must go from home to first in about 2.7 seconds and hit around 400 in high school career in a very competitive area and talented in multi positions and have very good grades and a great attitude and hard working and have a lot of experience in travel ball usually leading her and have led her high school to a state championship in her respected position this is just a few thing I have taken from our conversations . Remember she must come from a very competitive area where she stands out .
In other word UK would never take a kid from this region unless they played a big time schedule. I'd say a lot of great players are overlooked here due to lack of competition. Thanks for the info above. Great info.
Alot of D1 coaches never really look at high school performance. They don't get much of a chance to see them play in high school because there schedule is about the same time. They mostly go by TB play and by TB I mean top TB tournaments and showcases. Now these ladies have to do the leg work. They have to send info to these coaches. They have to send video to these coaches. They have to go to there camps. Sometimes you find that a player that dominates in eastern ky and than playes against top players well there not as good as you think. That's why it's so important to get out and play against teams like Mercy, Ballard (Ballard has one kid verbal to Tennessee and one to South Carolina) Teams more towards Central and Western ky as for as high school games. There are some good weekend HS tournaments in the Central and Western part of the state. TB you have to play out of KY. Oh sorry guys didn't mean to get off topic. Maybe should be a thread what you need to do to get recruited.
Where's this kid from and what grade? Anybody have any idea what position she plays?