Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Best players in the 15th Region?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Your take on the best players in the region.
Hall, Rowe, and Kasonga are my top three players in the 15th region.
Top are hall, kasonga, Rowe,

I like tiller from paintsville, Blair from jc, chaffins,dalton brothers, Richardson and kiser from lc.
Pitts from Magoffin and Dalton Richardson from Shelby Valley.
Pitts and Howard from Magoffin are solid.i also liked Huffman from Valley
What about the sophomore guard from SV? Dalton Richardson maybe? And the big kid Belter? I watched them in middle school and both had potential. Haven't heard anything since then but I don't follow the 15th too much.
When Tiller isn't relying solely on the jump shot he is by far the best. There isn't a player in the region who can stop him when he decides to go to the rim.
I have to agree with you on that. He is very athletic and creates his shot.
Rowe from pikeville hands down. Most complete player imo
I think pound for pound Tiller is one of the best, and Hall is also right up there for JC. Just a shame he is hurt, and Tiller fouled out with few points against JC even with Hall being out.
Ray Kasongo and Shane Hall are by far the best player in the 15th region
Think about it they're the only 2 players here in the 15th region that are rank on Espn, Rivals and Scout
Got2be hall.
Any discussion about the best players in the 15th region that doesn't include Ethan Rowe from Pikeville is laughable. I know he has been mentioned here, I'm just saying as someone who has been attending games in what is the 15th since the 70's, he is one of the few players I actually don't take my eye off of due to how he plays. Kid is a baller and a leader, excellent at finishing at the rim, solid on D, breaks down people well with his ball handling, etc. I've seen the Stepps, Dan Hall, Todd May, all those boys, and Rowe is just as much fun to watch for his intensity and whether or not he is going to go off. IMO, top 5 in the 15th are:

1) Shane Hall
2) Ethan Rowe
3) Tiller
4) Kasongo
5) Messer
was going say Messer had to be in there somewhere..
Messer, Rowe, Tiller, Hall, and Richardson are heads above the rest.

Kasango is no where near consistent enough to be top 5
Cory Pitts from Magoffin is one of the best players in the 15th as well
Shane Hall is the best. Kasongo and Rowe from Pikeville are a close behind. Tiller has good stats but not for the number of shots he takes. I think you have to mention Braxton Blair and Truman Salyer. They are very underrated but can tear you up any given night.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:Shane Hall is the best. Kasongo and Rowe from Pikeville are a close behind. Tiller has good stats but not for the number of shots he takes. I think you have to mention Braxton Blair and Truman Salyer. They are very underrated but can tear you up any given night.

I agree with you JCHSEAGLE, but I think from JCHS you also have to mention Slade McPeek, Kyle Gullett, and Dalton Adkins because they can also tear you up on any given night.
Sounds like from you guys that JC has a team full of studs.
midcoart line Wrote:I agree with you JCHSEAGLE, but I think from JCHS you also have to mention Slade McPeek, Kyle Gullett, and Dalton Adkins because they can also tear you up on any given night.
McPeek is a solid player. He is a tough matchup because he is a tall kid that can play out on the floor as well as in the post. When he goes in the post he generally has a smaller player on him because the other teams bigs are on Hall and Truman. If we get everyone healthy I think we have a shot at Rupp.
region Wrote:Messer, Rowe, Tiller, Hall, and Richardson are heads above the rest.

Richardson has not proven himself yet. The potential is there.

Kasango is definitely a top 5 player in the region.
JCHSEAGLE Wrote:Shane Hall is the best. Kasongo and Rowe from Pikeville are a close behind. Tiller has good stats but not for the number of shots he takes. I think you have to mention Braxton Blair and Truman Salyer. They are very underrated but can tear you up any given night.

Tiller's shot percentage is the best it has ever been. LOL. He has taken LESS shots this year than he has in the last 4 years and he is still averaging 20 a game.
What about Peyton Case he has to be in this discussion. There second in the region standings and mostly because of his play
This region has got some great young talent. Espically the in the 57 district a lot of 8 graders freshman e soph and juniors playin well this year wait until next year .
region Wrote:Messer, Rowe, Tiller, Hall, and Richardson are heads above the rest.

Hater.
As a national scout with a love for my home region and players, this is my official top 5.

#1 - Shane Hall (Johnson County Central)
#2 - Ray Kasongo (Pikeville)
#3 - Ethan Rowe (Pikeville)
#4 - Messer (Belfry)
#5 - Tiller (???)

And my +1 is...
#6 - Dalton Richardson (Shelby Valley)
vundy33 Wrote:As a national scout with a love for my home region and players, this is my official top 5.

#1 - Shane Hall (Johnson County Central)
#2 - Ray Kasongo (Pikeville)
#3 - Ethan Rowe (Pikeville)
#4 - Messer (Belfry)
#5 - Tiller (???)

And my +1 is...
#6 - Dalton Richardson (Shelby Valley)

Good list. It is hard to narrow the list down to 5 or 6 though with so many good young players in this region. Personally I think Cody Belter deserves some mention. I know he has been hurt this entire year, but averaged 17+ pts and 9 rebs last year, plus he is a big defensive presence. SV has really missed him this season.
Now, my top 3 who I think will make it to the next level, whether it be DIV 1, 2 or NAIA.

#1 Ray Kasongo 6'9" PF/SF -- Has offers from Arizona, UCLA, NC State, USC, and DePaul. With interest from Kentucky, Indiana, Louisville, Sryacuse, Cincinatti, Washington, Texas and West Virginia.

#2 Shane Hall 6'8 1/2" PF -- Has offers from Butler and Tennessee. With interest from Indiana, Louisville, Cincinatti, Purdue and Alabama.

#3 Tony Messer 6'6" PF -- Can't find any offers at the moment, but I'm sure he has plenty of interst from D1 schools. He might not even play ball in college, only football.

My +1 is...5'11" G Ethan Rowe, who is being heavily recruited by Transylvania.

DortonWildcat5 Wrote:Good list. It is hard to narrow the list down to 5 or 6 though with so many good young players in this region. Personally I think Cody Belter deserves some mention. I know he has been hurt this entire year, but averaged 17+ pts and 9 rebs last year, plus he is a big defensive presence. SV has really missed him this season.

Agreed 100%. Belter has been hurt or he'd be #4 or even ahead of Messer at #3.

How tall is he? You know? What about weight and length?
Pages: 1 2