Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Morgan County 59 East Carter 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final

The Cougars would not allow themselves to beat themselves tonight.
The refs were horrible, maybe Allen is the worst official in the 16th.
There were several T's called tonight. I thought a few East players showed alot of disrespect to the officiating. They missed a lot of calls, and made many bad ones, but you can't jump in a ref's face like they did a few times. It was a tough W for Morgan. This region is fairly balanced. Fleming, Morgan, and Russell are at the top with many teams below them capable of pulling an upset.
Any word on where Morgan is looking for players for next year? Serbia has been good to them; the least they could do is play the Serbian national anthem pre game.
Someone is starting to look a little green, with all this envy.. *cough* HD28 *cough*
Nope. Not a bit. I think it's despicable. Just as the Cordia situation is despicable. That grown men circumvent the rules to overcome their own inadequacies. Technically, it's probably legal. Ethically, it's wrong IMO.

But if going to Eastern Europe and Puerto Rico is what it takes for MC to feel important, live it up as long as you can afford it.
You are right, It's completely unethical for a family to adopt a young 16 year old boy through a church program.. That's awful..
So, the Serb will be here next year? And where is last years "adoptee"?
Both Serbians, this year and last, are through the Foreign Exchange program. The Puerto Rican is adopted. Why is it people are criticizing MC for allowing these players to achieve a dream of theirs. Any team can do it..
I'll tell you why...anybody can get lucky with the foreign exchange program and get a 6'7-6'9 kid to end up at his school. But, 2 years in a row smells of something completely different. Three foreign kids in 2 years is a little much for anybody to believe. And I bet if this kid were on the debate team you wouldn't be so eager to talk about his "dream".
There is more than one foreign exchange student there at the highschool, there is a girl from germany and three years ago there was another girl from germany named renada regavhic. Is getting girls from germany fishy too?
Do the words "direct placement" mean anything to you?
4 of 5 starters at Huntington Prep(WV) are Foreigners. I haven't heard one breath of criticism towards them and they play on the national level every game. Just goes to show how simple-minded and jealous people around here can be over other schools who allow kids be welcomed in from foreign countries to see the "American Dream" we all take for granted.
Your going to plunge head first into the public vs private debate.

Huntington Prep doesn't play local schools or compete for district, regional or state titles. Nor are they a member of the WV High School Athletic Association.
But they are an American school with American students and American student-athletes. I understand that the don't belong to the West Virginia athletic association, but how different is it other than the fact that they don't compete for such titles? They're still foreigners to this land but they don't come under fire for it. Even though they play privately amongst other prep schools and normal high schools you never hear of them being scrutinized for having multi-cultural athletes. Just saying, nothing towards you FBall. Just commenting on what you said to what I said to HD28.
Apples and oranges. You have a school (Morgan County) who has been an also ran for the better part of a decade that suddenly becomes a hotbed for foreign exchange students. Miraculously, they are in the top 5 of the region as a direct result of said transfers. You folks from MC can justify it by "humanitarian efforts" or however you want to spin it.

At Huntington Prep, those kids are there solely to prepare for a college career, not compete for district, region, or state titles. They don't even PRETEND to be a traditional high school program.
I'm not picking sides but Mogan County is a public school that is funded by the state of Kentucky and conforms to the rules of the Khsaa.

Huntington prep is a private institution that exists mostly on paper and does not even pretend to conform to any rule governing highschool athletics.

I've got nothing against foreign exchange students. I have nothing against anybody adopting a child to better that child's life.

But that's some kind of good fortune that a small school in Eastern Kentucky continues to come up with 6'8" Eastern Europeans.
Eastern Europeans that are NOT adopted...simply "placed" at an Eastern Kentucky school to fulfill their "dream". IMO it smells of direct placement.
Don't forget about AA from about 10 years ago. If you think this is all on the level please tell me another high impact foreign exchange student to play in the 16th region over the past 10 years or so. It appears that Morgan Co is the only "lucky" school amoung us.